“Paradise on earth” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 West End B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Paradise on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Roatan Bed & Breakfast and it was paradise on earth. We were there for 2 months so we rent an apartment. It was lovely, charming, quiet and relaxing. Barbara, the owner, is the most adorable lady ever. She was really helpfull, friendly and funny. She made my stay very nice. Also, I think the Roatan Bed & Breakfast is the best place in West End considering quality & price and it's so close to all attractions of West End, just a few minutes walk. I will never forget this trip and all the nice people I met there. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Grande Prairie, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed here in February and everything was fantastic. We stayed in the B&B portion, so I can only speak to that. The owner Barbara is a wonderful woman. She is so friendly and helpful that we never wanted to leave! We stayed in two different rooms over the week we were there and each was equally nice. The bathrooms are not attached to the rooms, but they are assigned to you and are private, and you get fresh towels everyday!! The breakfast each morning was very tasty and healthy. Eggs, fruit, bacon/sausage, toast, coffee and juice! The "common area" deck is extremely relaxing and I spent a lot of time in the hammock with Barbara's cat Pepperoni (he is a great cat!!). The B&B is about a 6 minute walk to the main road and water taxi dock. It is close enough that everything feels convenient, but far enough from the bars of the West End that you can sleep quietly at night. Without hesitation we would go back and stay here again. The value is outstanding for what you get, and Barbara truly makes you feel at home! I'll post some pictures eventually. Thank you so much Barbara!! - Brock and Kacey

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at Roatan Bed and Breakfast for 2 weeks and I wish I stayed longer. The place is rustic but very clean, cozy and welcoming. The room are very nice and quiet.
Barbara, the owner is really friendly, funny and helpfull. She makes you feel like home.
The B&B is locacated far enough from the beach so that you hear the forest noises at night and feel the breeze, but close enough to be a small walk from West End’s bars, restaurants and beaches. Its also close to West bay by water taxi.
The rooms stay cool even without the ac and you sleep peacefully.
The breakfasts are very good.
There is a beautifful view on roof top.
Its a great place to chill and relaxe.

Room Tip: Do not wear heels there is a 10 minutes hike in the jungle and it gets muddy when raining
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

the apartments at barbara's b&b are simple and quaint and tucked just far enough away from the noise and tourists of west bay. the showers are HOT, the rooms stay cool even without the ac (it was actually cool enough with the ceiling fans that we needed a blanket!), and it is clean. the bed was not super comfortable and the breakfast left a little to be desired but overall we had a really great stay. barbara was helpful and kind and we would recommend this place to any traveler needing their own little space with a kitchen and beautiful hammocks to hang out in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Roatan B&B is a lovely and affordable "home away from home". The owner, Barbara, really went out of her way to help me in any way she could. I had computer issues and I really really needed one- so she let me use hers for a few hours one day- I thought that was very sweet and kind! It was quiet, relaxing and only slightly "off the beaten path" with a short 7 minute walk to the beach. I really enjoyed my stay despite the rain! I would highly recommend staying here to anyone~! I also have to say that she has an awesome cat named "pepperoni" or "peppe" for short- a very affectionate lap cat!...he helped me miss my cats a little less while I was away.....

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

West End itself is a nice and convenient place to stay on Roatan island.

For affordable accommodation, I would highly recommend anyone to stay with Barbara at her property. She is a very nice young and attractive Italian lady - also very helpful and informative. Her place is in a quieter wooded area of West End but only a short walk to the restaurants and shops. This place has gorgeous view of the stunning bays of West End from the roof top. The rooms, bathrooms and communal areas are large and comfortable. Hot water is readilly available - which is important. I had many bad experiences with hot water supply in chilly places like Fortuna and Monteverde, Costa Rica and Chiapas, Mexico in affordable inns. Her breakfast is reasonably good too - though I offer more sumptious breakfast at my own guest house in Bali. But then, I am feeding largely Aussies, Kiwis, Malaysians and Singaporeans from the nearby countries who eat alot during breakfast time. Guests from continental Europe eat less.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

A home a away from home. I can't wait to go backto Roatan and to stay at Roatan Bed and Breakfast. Hospitality is excellent. It feels lik being at home. Peppe the cat made feel even more at home because I was already missing my own cat.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments? Share your experiences!