“Roatan BnB, West End” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 West End B&B and Inns
Newport
“Roatan BnB, West End”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Thanks to Barbara's amazing organisation I had a Fan-New Year-tastic time on Roatan. I stayed in one of Barbara's, clean, well-equipped and quiet apartments. The BnB is located about 6-8 mins walk from the main hub of West End. So, not far to find all amenities anyone would need on hols. A great beach for sunning/snorkling/diving and food outlets, shops and bookstores. A 10-15 min taxi/collectivo ride to the supermarkets. A multitude of 'things to do' (just ask Barbara) or just relax with a book in a hammock at Roatan BnB especially sitting on Barbara's rooftop for a stunning sunset over the sea. I'll be back for more!

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be great. The apartments are very well-equipped, clean spacious and great v...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Bed and Breakfast defines beauty and elegance as well as hospitality. Barbara the owner of the B&B is a total gem and absolutely wonderful host that makes you feel right at home. She is a wealth of information for visitors and makes the visit to Roatan far more inviting and enjoyable. I greatly enjoyed the time spent in her Bed and Breakfast and look forward to visiting again and staying at her lovely place and look forward to her delicious meals she makes. I can’t wait to be sitting in the hammock with the soft breeze and warm tropical air at her place and the grounds are so very lovely and enjoyable as well as the lovely ocean view from the roof top patio. Just writing this review makes me almost home sick because I felt so at home at this lovely B&B, it is truly a home away from home. Thank you so much for a heart warming wonderful experience at your home. It was so memorable and enjoyable! You have forever touched my heart. Much thanks, Sincerely, Amber

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

A wonderful hostess, Barbara made us feel comfortable, shared so much useful information,helped us feel right at home and her home was tasteful and beautiful....But best of all for me was the inviting hammock on the back porch that I made use of every single day. Breakfast every morning, bacon and eggs, fruit and coffee, chilling with the other guests, and Pepperoni the cat. I loved the European flair, and Barbara's warm and friendly nature...I highly recommend this B & B to anyone traveling to West End.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Scheveningen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The first week in Roatan I spent my week in this nice built B&B. The place looks great and I had a great time. It`s in the middle of West End just view minutes walk on the hill. There is a nice view on top of the B&B. Its nice and quiet. I spent a lot of time relaxing in the hammock on the balcony reading my book. Its a great place to chill and having a good time and be close to all thats goining on the West End strip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Roatan bed and Breakfast in November of 2012 and was welcomed with open arms by Barbara. The B&B was a great place to stay! Staying with Barbara is like staying will family, very warm and friendly! She was more than helpful with details about Roatan and phone calls in Spanish if i needed. The room I had was very spacious and bright with a huge bed. I had my own bathroom which was also large and bright. Breakfasts were always full of food and very good. Barbara even made me lunch one day out of the goodness of her heart. The front porch has a beautiful view and a hammock to read in. The upper deck is good for stargazing, views and yoga although needs a tiny bit of repair on one side but no big deal really. The B&B is back from the main drag of the west end, which I liked, just a short walk to everything you need. Barbara is also friends with some of the divers and will tell you which shop to go with. The main room is large and open and full of books for some leisure time if it's a rainy day. All in all a wonderful stay with Barbara and Peppe the cat, I highly recommend it and will return for another stay, very good value.

• Stayed November 2012
Picton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed a few nights near the beginning of January and really enjoyed it. Alex was waiting to pick us up at the airport and Barbara was there to greet us at the B&B. Barbara is a great host, and makes a tasty breakfast. Pepperoni the cat will make you feel at home. its in a quiet but convenient location, less than 10 minute walk off of the main street in West End We had a very spacious room with lots of windows. Large bathroom, huge bed, overhead fan, tv, and air conditioning (although we didn't use it). The rooftop patio needs work, but you do get a nice view of the sunset from up there. Barbara hopes to get the repairs done sometime this year, can't wait to see the final result when we go back! Thanks for everything Barbara!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Helsinki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at Barbara´s B & B for 4 nights over the New Year and really liked our stay. We booked it before we came and paid half as a deposit, the place was getting full so we took what was left, the "Master bedroom" for 72 USD. Bit more than we were planning to spend but we think the place was worth it, with breakfasts included.
As other reviewers have noted, Barbara takes good care of the house and her warm personality shows in the running of the place.
We appreciated the company of Pepperoni the cat in the balcony area and our chats with Barbara and other guests, plus the use of the wifi. The room was big and nice, it does get quite hot during some days but there is a fan and the evening breeze cools the air.
We did some diving in Roatan, can recommend that, and the great Thai restaurant by the sea: wonderful food. But from our visit we will best remember staying at this guesthouse, as it was so nice to be a bit away from the noise of the beach party area, and walking up to the B & B and seeing the houses and people on the way made us feel a bit closer to Roatan, like getting a glimpse of the ordinary life on the island. Cheers to Barbara from the two Finns :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments? Share your experiences!