“Perfect island getaway spot, great service and good private location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments

Save Saved
You added Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments to your Saves list
Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments
Carretera Pavimentada Principal, West End, Honduras   |
Ranked #1 of 9 West End B&B and Inns
“Perfect island getaway spot, great service and good private location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Barbara was welcoming and friendly from the moment we arrived, making sure that we had everything that we needed and gave great suggestions on activities the island had to offer. The room and bathroom were very clean and she made the bed daily. Breakfast was served on your own time schedule so there was no need to wake up early just to make it in time. Pepperoni is the best cat I've ever met! Also within 10 min of the beach, restaurants and bars but still tucked away in a private quiet area with a great view. Beautiful wooden cabin-like place. Would definitely choose this place again!

• Stayed July 2012

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a weeks stay at Roatan Bed & Breakfast. When we travel, we try our best to stay as local as possible, as we feel this gives us a much better feel for our destination than a chain type hotel. Our stay with Barbara at Roatan B&B confirmed the wisdom of this philosopy.
Barbara's place is beautiful 3 story wooden house set atop a hill in the jungle. The view from her deck/roof overlooking the jungle canopy and the reef is spectacular. An evening up there with wine and the unlimited stars is incredible. The house is custom built for guests and is very comfortable. The common dining area and front porch with hammock made for a very relaxing breakfast each morning and social hour each evening.
The flora and fauna around the house is amazing. It is so green, with bamboo, palm trees, rubber trees, ficus and a wide variety of flowers everywhere. There are hummingbirds, butterflies, the occasional monkey and a huge variety of birds.
We had an upstairs apt, with private bath. The view from our bed each morning out the window looking into the tree tops was a great way to wake up. We never missed A/C as the island breezes made each day and night very comfortable. The room was very spacious with a king size bed and more than ample room.
Barbara prepares a very hearty and delicous breakfast each morning, always accompanied by whatever local fresh fruit is available.
The walk down the road into the West End is easy and fun. You will see mango , banana, palm, papaya, and cocount trees all along the way. You arrive right in the middle of the West End and directly across from the water taxi dock. The location could not be more perfect.
If you are arriving by air, allow Barbara to have Alex pick you up. He is half the price of cabs at the airport and is a great guy. He stopped at the local supermarket on the way in to allow us to grab some supplies for the week, and even helped with the shopping! He also is availbable for island tours at way better than the local rates.
And then there is Barbara. She was born to do this job. To say she is a gifted hostess is an understatement. You will arrive with Barbara as your hostess and depart with her as a great friend. If you are lucky, she will be around in the evening to have a glass of wine with and practice your Spanish, Italian, English or French. Barbara is very well traveled and can converse on any number of destinations or topics. She knows so much about Roatan and was such a great help with her recommedations. Her best friend Pepperoni, is an adorable tabby cat who quicky established residence in my lap each morning.
Staying at Roatan B&B is all about enjoying the true island experience that is Roatan. It is hard to put into adequate words how beautiful the island is and how staying here gives you an appreciation for this. We will for a fact be back.
Grazie Millie, Barbara and Pepperoni from Michael & Jackie!

Room Tip: Bring as much bug spray as you can. The entire island is out to bite you!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chur, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our stay at Bed & Breakfast Roatán with lovely host Barbara was amazing. It’s a very unique place to stay in the middle of the forest, nevertheless only about 5 minutes’ walk to the beach front of West End. The wooden house is extremely well embedded in the surroundings and it has a relaxing atmosphere. The spacious roof top terrace not only offers amazing views over the rainforest and the sea, but also gave me the possibility to do some bird watching in the early morning. Additionally, there is a smaller balcony with hammock and cosy seats to hang out. Careful, don’t forget to put on enough insect repellent!
Barbara is caring a lot about the well-being of her guests and made our stay there unforgettable. The breakfast she prepared every morning (which by the way is included in the very good value price) is delicious and absolutely appropriate concerning the high temperature and humidity. Furthermore, she gave us many hints how to make the most of our 4 days on the beautiful Caribbean island. If ever visiting Honduras again, I would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Harvest, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I loved the location, up on a hill, about a 10 minute walk from the West End strip. Location is safe, even at night while walking to the strip I felt safe. I chose the apartment because I wanted a spot where I could cook my own food instead of eating out 3 times a day while I was there. Barbara was a very good host. She made us feel very comfortable and wanted. Anything I needed she was very responsive and informative. She also gives good compliments...(-: I would recommend this property. I'm definitely going back when I return to Roatan.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Iquique, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I initially booked to stay a few days here as a base to exploring West End but ended up staying 3 weeks as we were so happy there.

The location is a walk down into West End, but what a walk it is. We saw monkeys, lizards, parrots, giant crabs and more- every 10 minute walk into town was an adventure in itself.

The host, Barbara, was hugely welcoming, with endless recommendations and interesting stories about life on the island over the years.

We stayed in one of the downstairs apartments, and loved being able to sit out watching the sunset.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
someren
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

stayed in the appartment at B&B roatan for almost 7 weeks,it was an unforgettable time for me,after doing my divemastertraining during the day,it felt like coming home after work.the appartment is clean,comfortable,silent and affordable.the lady off the house,barbara is an inspiring,open, warm person,so the atmosphere in the house is amazing!because i am into meditation,for me the right place to be.so if you are looking for a quiet,nice place,just 5-8 walkingminutes to "the strip",just do it!!you will not regret it.thanx b,b&b for the unforgettable time!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I wanted to stay somewhere peaceful and am very glad I chose Roatan B & B. Barbara has a beautiful home and warm energy. I stayed in one of the upstairs bedrooms and it was perfect. The house is open, bright and natural, and there is a wonderful view from the roof deck. There are windows all around and lots of trees and flowers. The main strip is active and in the evenings the bars are loud. It was great to be up the hill- I couldn't hear anything except the wind and animals. On my last day I didn't even leave the house, just relaxed and enjoyed the quiet. Barbara is gracious, helpful and lovely company if you feel like chatting. She knows most of the people and businesses in town and can point you in the right direction. Next to the diving, Barbara and her home were the best part of my trip.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments? Share your experiences!