“Amazing place to relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments

You added Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments to your Saves list
Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Carretera Pavimentada Principal, West End, Honduras   |
Ranked #1 of 10 West End B&B and Inns
Chur, Switzerland
“Amazing place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our stay at Bed & Breakfast Roatán with lovely host Barbara was amazing. It’s a very unique place to stay in the middle of the forest, nevertheless only about 5 minutes’ walk to the beach front of West End. The wooden house is extremely well embedded in the surroundings and it has a relaxing atmosphere. The spacious roof top terrace not only offers amazing views over the rainforest and the sea, but also gave me the possibility to do some bird watching in the early morning. Additionally, there is a smaller balcony with hammock and cosy seats to hang out. Careful, don’t forget to put on enough insect repellent!
Barbara is caring a lot about the well-being of her guests and made our stay there unforgettable. The breakfast she prepared every morning (which by the way is included in the very good value price) is delicious and absolutely appropriate concerning the high temperature and humidity. Furthermore, she gave us many hints how to make the most of our 4 days on the beautiful Caribbean island. If ever visiting Honduras again, I would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Harvest, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I loved the location, up on a hill, about a 10 minute walk from the West End strip. Location is safe, even at night while walking to the strip I felt safe. I chose the apartment because I wanted a spot where I could cook my own food instead of eating out 3 times a day while I was there. Barbara was a very good host. She made us feel very comfortable and wanted. Anything I needed she was very responsive and informative. She also gives good compliments...(-: I would recommend this property. I'm definitely going back when I return to Roatan.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Iquique, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I initially booked to stay a few days here as a base to exploring West End but ended up staying 3 weeks as we were so happy there.

The location is a walk down into West End, but what a walk it is. We saw monkeys, lizards, parrots, giant crabs and more- every 10 minute walk into town was an adventure in itself.

The host, Barbara, was hugely welcoming, with endless recommendations and interesting stories about life on the island over the years.

We stayed in one of the downstairs apartments, and loved being able to sit out watching the sunset.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
someren
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

stayed in the appartment at B&B roatan for almost 7 weeks,it was an unforgettable time for me,after doing my divemastertraining during the day,it felt like coming home after work.the appartment is clean,comfortable,silent and affordable.the lady off the house,barbara is an inspiring,open, warm person,so the atmosphere in the house is amazing!because i am into meditation,for me the right place to be.so if you are looking for a quiet,nice place,just 5-8 walkingminutes to "the strip",just do it!!you will not regret it.thanx b,b&b for the unforgettable time!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I wanted to stay somewhere peaceful and am very glad I chose Roatan B & B. Barbara has a beautiful home and warm energy. I stayed in one of the upstairs bedrooms and it was perfect. The house is open, bright and natural, and there is a wonderful view from the roof deck. There are windows all around and lots of trees and flowers. The main strip is active and in the evenings the bars are loud. It was great to be up the hill- I couldn't hear anything except the wind and animals. On my last day I didn't even leave the house, just relaxed and enjoyed the quiet. Barbara is gracious, helpful and lovely company if you feel like chatting. She knows most of the people and businesses in town and can point you in the right direction. Next to the diving, Barbara and her home were the best part of my trip.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Montréal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I went at Roatan BB and i could'nt ask for a better place to stay. The building is a piece of art, the rooms are fantastik and the staff is simply lovely. I will never go back in a resort again now that i know i can stay in a nicer place for a fraction of the price. Thank you so much for making my vacation unforgettable!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Fortlauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had so much Fun with Barbaras Chatting and Laughs..Comfortable and feels like a Home sweet Home being there.. It is a nice quiet place to be after a busy day. I only got to spend 3 days this time, can't wait to come back for longer visit next time...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments? Share your experiences!