“It was so great the first time, we just had to go back.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cocolobo

You added Cocolobo to your Saves list
Cocolobo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera Pavimentada Principal at Seagrape Plantation, West End, Honduras   |
Offers & Announcements
$100 off room rate
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in West End
South Orange County, CA
“It was so great the first time, we just had to go back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

This was our second trip to Cocolobo in a year and we just love it. Ron and Bonnie are the best. They treat their guests like family. It is a very casual and easygoing atmosphere. The breakfasts are delicious and the rooms are spotless. The best part is happy hour at the main house. All of the guests hang out over drinks for an hour or so and most of the guests are really cool people. We had a hurricane this time and even that was fun! All of the businesses were closed and there was no electricity but Cocolobo has a generator. Ron and Bonnie opened up their personal refrigerator and fed a delicious impromptu meal for 12 guests. We can't wait to go back again and again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
sausalito
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I was ready to relax after spending 10 days in Guatemala as a medical volunteer with the US military. I arrived tired & thirsty . Ron & Bonnie arranged for my laundry to be done & an in room massage.The next day I was off to the beach by water taxi. I felt safe & I would go back in a second! Loved the hammock & listening to the ocean.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed for a week at Cocolobo, and it was a fantastic experience. Ron and Bonnie who manage the place are the most welcoming and warm people you can imagine. They were kind enough to invite us to join them for Canadian Thanksgiving, and when I asked who had the best key lime pie on the island, Bonnie made us one herself! The location is wonderful--secluded and quiet, but close to all the restaurants and shops of West End. The breakfast is absolutely delicious, and the staff is just wonderful. I would recommend it to anyone.

Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

We just returned from a week at Cocolobo and the place is exactly as described in all of the these positive reviews. We did lots of research to determine whether or not we wanted to stay in West Bay or West End and West End was definitely the right choice for us. There are many great bars and restaurants but its still very laid back and low key.

Cocolobo is only a 5 minute walk from the heart of West End and in a very quiet, peaceful area. The hotel is lovely with great, clean rooms, big and comfortable king beds, and a great staff. There is a fresh breakfast every morning by the pool which was a great start to every day.

Ron and Bonnie were great and did a great job giving advice on places to go and arranging transportation for us. I highly recommend Cocolobo and my wife and I definitely plan on returning.

Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I did a lot of research on tripadvisor and wound up selecting Cocolobo. Loved it.

I think I had reservations initially because I wanted a beach, but in the end, I don't think I would have used a beach anyways, as it was too hot and the bugs were too strong. The hammock on the large balcony with a great view of the ocean (square on with sunset too), was just right.

The walk into west end is very short, but far enough that it's quiet - no mopeds zipping by.

Only recommendation would be perhaps more shaded areas by the pool - it's a bit exposed and hot, I'd wind up sitting in the shade by the bar.

Pictures on this site represent how the place currently looks.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

This place is wonderful. The rooms are clean, perfect balcany view of the ocean. It's quiet, and the hosts Ron and Bonnie are helpful in many ways. Breakfast was always great and the lounge are was very relaxing. I recommend it to anyone trying to get away from it all. Leisurely walk to town (about ten minutes) and they can make arrangements should you want to get a taxi somewhere. No Beach area (rocky) but the views were breathtaking. AC is extra but we didn't need it at all while we were there.

• Stayed August 2010
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Great, relaxing, place to unwind! The managers, Bonnie and Ron were so accomadating and made you feel right at home. The complimentary breakfast every morning was a delight! I would definitley recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Cocolobo? Share your experiences!