Arco Iris is nicely located down one of the beach across from the popular Sundowners Beach Bar. We had a room on the second floor with two queen beds and one master bedroom and bathroom. There was plenty of space, nice, high ceilings and plenty of fans to keep air circulating. Windows are completely covered with fly-screen to further keep the place nice and breezy.
The balcony was a great place to sit after a day of diving and enjoy a drink. The kitchen was well stocked with everything you need to make meals; a very convenient way to eat on a budget. Food isn't overly expensive of the island but it's not cheap either.
Staff were pretty friendly, if not a little overly directly immediate in requesting payment. Bear in mind there's a 16% surcharge on anything purchased on credit cards on the entire island, so cash is king.
Sundowners is usually open until 10pm or so, after which the Blue Marlin can be great for a few drinks until 12. We dove with Reef Gliders who were amazing and had some really great food just off the taco man across the road from the dive shop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of West End-Half Moon Bay, in front of the beach with beautiful, relaxing view of the ocean in place where looking at the sunsets makes you feel like you never want to leave is located Posada Arco Iris. We have 19 units in total, different types of accommodation, standard rooms, studios with kitchenettes and apartments ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Posada Arco Iris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Arco Iris Hotel West End
- Posada Arco Iris Roatan, Honduras - West End