I stayed in two hotels during my week in West End, Roatan and this hotel blew the other one away, although they costed the same. Posada las Orquideas is off the main drag, but it's only about a three minute walk away. Because of this, you get a more quiet, isolated experience but are still close enough to the beach and all the action. We paid $35 US for a basic double room, which included a fridge, fan, balcony with hammock, and ocean view. If you stay for a week or more, you get a 10% discount. The hotel is fairly new and the rooms are very clean. There is plenty of natural sunlight and a good breeze due to its location. No bugs in my room and I never got hot, even without air conditioning. The bathroom was especially spotless and had a beautifully tiled shower. There's a wonderful garden outside your rooms and you can walk to the dock and lay on the sun chairs. Or jump in and go for a swim, if you want to avoid the crowds at the beach. You also get free internet from 8 am to 8 pm and the staff is friendly. I absolutely loved this place. I still can't believe how inexpensive it was!!
Unfortunately, I had to leave after five days because they had another reservation. The owners also have another hotel on the main drag called Posada Arco Iris. We were allowed to transfer there and it was substantially worse. The price was the same, but the room was dark, dirty, full of bugs, very smelly and very noisy. It's closer to the beach, but believe me, it's not worth it. Go up the block for a few minutes and you will find Posada Las Orquideas, which is better BY FAR.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Las Orquideas West End
- Posada Las Orquideas Hotel
- Posada Las Orquideas Roatan, Honduras - West End
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Away from the crowd, nestled in a lush garden setting is Roatan's hidden gem:Posada Las Orquideas.Located at the very tip of West End Village is a garden paradise.Indulge in quite repose in a hammock in your private lanai.All rooms are available with your choice of ceiling fans or A/C.Of special note are our amazing 3rd story accommodations with deluxe ocean/bay view and invigorating island breezes.2 types of accommodation are offered: standard rooms with fridge and studios with kitchen.We also offer our guests free wi-fi and use of kayaks. ... more less