I enjoyed my stay at Posada Las Orquideas and I am glad I chose to stay there. When I arrived in Roatan during the off-season, I initially looked at a room at Posada Arco Iris, but I preferred the better rate and quieter location of Las Orquideas. The rooms have balconies with a wonderful east-facing view of the inlet. The hammocks are inviting, the balconies are spacious, and all have table and chairs to relax outside. I decided not to opt for air conditioning, which was a good choice since the breeze and the shade from the balcony was enough to stay cool.
All of this said, the location is a short walk from the center of town -- for some this is a positive, for others who are more into the party-scene it is most definitely a negative. The road in the West End of Roatan is in a perpetual state of repair and disrepair, this undoubtedly becomes a greater challenge not only in the dark, but also during the rainy season. There are not a lot of food options in this part of the West End, so it is very helpful to have refrigerators and kitchenettes available. Also there were several comments from other reviewers about the staff, while I did find them very helpful for small requests, it should be noted that Honduras in general does not have a "customer-oriented" culture that visitors accustomed to travel elsewhere in the Caribbean often expect. I was disappointed that one day my room was not attended to by the cleaning staff, which can pose problems in a tropical climate and especially when you are expected to place toilet paper in the waste bin and not the toilet. Also the lack of mattress pad and pillow covers/protectors made me cringe a bit, especially when I noticed how stained the pillows were.
I visited the property during the low season and at a time when there were not a lot of guests. I enjoyed my stay, but I am not sure how much I would enjoy my stay if there were more traffic on the property. The balconies are great to chill and relax, but because they are so open, I am not so sure how enjoyable the hotel would be if it were booked at or near capacity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Las Orquídeas is located in the beautiful West End Bay, very close to the main street, in a tranquil and beautiful setting...All our 18 rooms and studios have a beautiful ocean view, balconies and hammocks where you will be able to relax, you can also walk by the paths in our beautiful gardens. Rooms have small fridge and studios equipped kitchenettes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Posada Las Orquideas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Las Orquideas West End
- Posada Las Orquideas Hotel
- Posada Las Orquideas Roatan, Honduras - West End