We found this property via an online search. They were responsive and prompt in making the reservation. At first, I tried to get a room at their other property (Arco Iris) nearer the beach, but looking back I am very happy that I wound up at the Orquideas. It is only a 5 minute walk to the beach, you can use the beach chairs, kayaks, bar, etc at the Iris and it is quiet! The Iris is a great property also, but for our family we liked to get away from the main action at the end of the day. The rooms are very clean and tastefully decorated. The only thing lacking in the room was a table and chairs, which is why I am rating them very good instead of excellent. Also, there is no management present during the night (just a watchman). We could have used a little help dealing with loud neighbors one night. The AC costs $15 extra and is very effective, but you hardly need it because you should be on the beach during the hot part of the day and between the breeze and the fans the nights are fairly comfortable. We sprung for it on our last night only. Also, uy the big jug of drinking water for your room upon check in. Would certainly stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Las Orquideas West End
- Posada Las Orquideas Hotel
- Posada Las Orquideas Roatan, Honduras - West End
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Away from the crowd, nestled in a lush garden setting is Roatan's hidden gem:Posada Las Orquideas.Located at the very tip of West End Village is a garden paradise.Indulge in quite repose in a hammock in your private lanai.All rooms are available with your choice of ceiling fans or A/C.Of special note are our amazing 3rd story accommodations with deluxe ocean/bay view and invigorating island breezes.2 types of accommodation are offered: standard rooms with fridge and studios with kitchen.We also offer our guests free wi-fi and use of kayaks. ... more less