Someone in the West End told my husband and me about this hotel when we arrived in town and didn't like what we initially saw in the hotels there. We were in Roatan to dive, and we generally rise with the sun and like to get to sleep early after relaxing with a cool drink, so when we saw Posada las Orquideas, we immediately knew it was perfect for us. A short walk from the town center, it's located in a serene and beautiful setting. Every room has a patio or balcony (with hammock) facing the water. We stayed in room 14 (the best one due to its extra window for increased ventilation and third floor view of the water.) In March, we didn't need any AC (it costs extra) but during a summer trip the roof gets pretty hot so I would budget extra if your trip is during the very hot season. The room rates are incredibly reasonable, but if you are on a tight budget, or you don't feel like going into town for every meal, get a room with a kitchenette (which has a coffee maker, gas stove, mini fridge, sink, pots and utensils, and dishes for three.) Stock up on food and mixers for rum drinks at Woody's. There's free wireless but it doesn't always reach to the rooms, so we had to sit on the stairs to check our e-mail, but it's not really too much of an inconvenience. There is another hotel (Posada Arco Iris) close to town that has beach chairs and kayaks available for free for guests of both hotels. The staff has always been friendly and welcoming. We had no trouble contacting the owner regarding reservations (we e-mailed her directly). If you want a relaxed and quiet setting, reasonable rates, and don't mind being out of the town center, then this is the right place for you. My only negative comment is that the room could use a small table for late dinners when mosquitos drove us indoors. But we will continue to book rooms at Posada las Orquideas for all our visits to the West End.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Las Orquideas West End
- Posada Las Orquideas Hotel
- Posada Las Orquideas Roatan, Honduras - West End
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Away from the crowd, nestled in a lush garden setting is Roatan's hidden gem:Posada Las Orquideas.Located at the very tip of West End Village is a garden paradise.Indulge in quite repose in a hammock in your private lanai.All rooms are available with your choice of ceiling fans or A/C.Of special note are our amazing 3rd story accommodations with deluxe ocean/bay view and invigorating island breezes.2 types of accommodation are offered: standard rooms with fridge and studios with kitchen.We also offer our guests free wi-fi and use of kayaks. ... more less