Posada Las Qrquideas is approx a 10-15 minute walk from the center of West End. The town recently replaced the sewer lines leading to this area of the island (good thing). However, this has resulted in the dirt road being torn up and rain water drainage isn't great. Should it rain the road becomes very muddy and could suck your flip flop right off your foot like it did me.
My room was just as I had expected from the hotel website. Very clean room, cleaned daily, nice bathroom (new, clean, well maintained). Kitchenette was a great add. They provide pots/pans, glasses, cups, utensils, small fridge, coffee maker... Bring matches to light the gas stove burners. The mattress was clean but somewhat lumpy and worn. The best room is #14. It's on the 3rd floor but the attached photos show the view from the porch. All the other rooms have inferior views and must look over other porches to see the ocean. BOOK EARLY, I was told numerous times that other guests were trying to get this room. The room also has 5 windows not 3 like most others.
I had read earlier reviews about problems with hotel personnel; I thought they were great. They were very friendly, helpful with directions, and followed up on any request I had. I had a family emergency back in the USA while staying at the hotel. The staff left a very detailed message on my door from my sister letting me know what was going on.
So, if you're looking for a quiet, clean, low tech hotel room to escape the world this is a great place. If you want a full service resort, keep looking. No TV / Radio so bring or make your own entertainment. Muddy road was challenging but a funny memory now.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Las Orquideas West End
- Posada Las Orquideas Hotel
- Posada Las Orquideas Roatan, Honduras - West End
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Las Orquídeas is located in the beautiful West End Bay, very close to the main street, in a tranquil and beautiful setting...All our 18 rooms and studios have a beautiful ocean view, balconies and hammocks where you will be able to relax, you can also walk by the paths in our beautiful gardens. Rooms have small fridge and studios equipped kitchenettes. ... more less