“Loved it so much that we are returning with our 15 month old Daughter!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sueno Del Mar Resort

Save Saved
You added Sueno Del Mar Resort to your Saves list
Sueno Del Mar Resort
Carretera Pavimentada Principal, West End, Honduras   |
Ranked #5 of 9 hotels in West End
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Loved it so much that we are returning with our 15 month old Daughter!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Having been to Roatan on 3 different occasions, we decided that we wanted to stay right in the village of West End as we loved the laid back vibe that it has. Searching and searching we stumbled upon Sueno del Mar on the internet and just decided to go for it. What an awesome choice!

Note that I am writing this review late as our stay at Sueno del Mar was in late February of 2011. We certainly would have returned in 2012, however upon returning home from our Feb 2011 vacation we found out that we were pregnant after years of trying (must be that Roatan air and awesome sea water) so therefore were home with our beautiful baby girl in the winter of 2012.

Ray, the owner, general manager, pancake flipper and general all around nice guy was super. Very easy going. The dive staff was also spectacular. We had the pleasure of diving with Michelle most of the week and also completed our Rescue Diver certification with Stewart. Great instruction and he was very thorough.

We met great people that we hope to see and dive with again upon our return this coming winter for the first week of February 2013.

Looking forward to enjoying one of Tita's awesome burgers - and if lucky enough, perhaps another fried Lionfish feast.

Sueno del Mar is by far our favorite spot in Roatan and we intend to go back every year!

Great value at this cute little "resort" :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have been to Roatan for the last 5 years and to Tita's for the last 3.......you want awesome sunsets, sunrises, and to be treated to the BEST food on the island...go see for yourself!! THANK you Tita for always making me feel at HOME!!! :) Miss you girl!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hermosa Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed there last week (10 days total) should have stayed longer but had to get back to work.Great location,nice rooms and quiet.Ray is a great host,Stuart on the dive boat was lots fun.Tita's bar next door is always a good time.--- Thanx

Bill H.

Room Tip: upstairs - better view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I went on a one week dive trip and did 3 boat dives a day - never to the same spot! Everyone was amazing! Ray and Stuart (our instructor) - also Tita and Ali and Niki at the Pink seahorse were fabulous!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Sueno for a week in May of 2012. Beautiful location, nice rooms with great views, and Ray is an outstanding host. Diving was good and Tita's bar next door made the place complete (espically since she's a Packers fan)! Overall highly recommended for it's value and hospitatity.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor rooms have better views than the 1st floor (the 1st floor is good however).
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Big Sky, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

On a solo dive vacation, my travel agent, Great Expeditions, Boulder Colorado could not have found a better spot for me! Quiet, private, friendly, etc etc! Having breakfast with Ray & other guests every morning started the day perfectly. Followed by diving with Stuart, my dive Instructor who is a hoot! Diving was perfect, short boat rides to soooo many dive sites. Walking distance to the West End with stores, restaurants, shopping! Can't leave out Tita's Pink Seahorse for lunch & dinners right on site. She & Allison make the BEST Monkey LaLa's, you gotta go to find out what a Monkey LaLa is!! Great service, great accomodations! Definetly will return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
menlo park, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I'm afraid of sounding like an advertisement for Sueno del Mar if I drone on and on about our fabulous stay. Everything was perfect for us. Ray, the owner, is a very warm and helpful guy who calmly runs his little hotel and who cooks a tasty breakfast and welcomes you into his lovely lounge to enjoy it. I did not dive with Sueno but got to know the dive staff over breakfast, and everyone who dove with them gave glowing reports. Their shuttle driver was actually at the airport to meet us at the expected time.

Our room was always clean and tidy after we returned from our morning dives. The A/C worked well except for 2 brief island-wide power outages, and the ceiling fan let us sleep well. The in-room safe was a good place for passport and wallet, and there's a little reefer for drinks.

I had reserved at Sueno on this, my 7th visit to Roatan, because of its positive reviews and my knowledge of its unique location: at the quiet end of town and exactly on the water. I had hoped that its proximity to the reef at Blue Channel would provide good snorkeling, but the ease of getting to the reef was even better than i had hoped, Every morning at dawn my old high school classmate and I would kayak out to one of the buoys and tie up and snorkel until breakfast time. And several times I swan out, and it was a quicker swim than I imagined. It's mostly turtle grass going out, but that gives way to sand and then coral heads and then the reef crest if you go straight out or to Blue Channel if you head slightly left. WE explored south of Blue Channel a ways and the reef crest was not as well defined. All manner of critters in the reef including several langosta. We saw lots of turtles this trip including a few in the crest. Swimming out to the reef of course does expose you to water taxi traffic, but we could hear them coming a long way off and made sure they saw us.

Tita's bar is an excellent place for lunch or sunset drinks or to watch high-level volleyball by some of the local guys. I guess if you're REALLY good, you could join them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sueno Del Mar Resort? Share your experiences!