Having been to Roatan on 3 different occasions, we decided that we wanted to stay right in the village of West End as we loved the laid back vibe that it has. Searching and searching we stumbled upon Sueno del Mar on the internet and just decided to go for it. What an awesome choice!
Note that I am writing this review late as our stay at Sueno del Mar was in late February of 2011. We certainly would have returned in 2012, however upon returning home from our Feb 2011 vacation we found out that we were pregnant after years of trying (must be that Roatan air and awesome sea water) so therefore were home with our beautiful baby girl in the winter of 2012.
Ray, the owner, general manager, pancake flipper and general all around nice guy was super. Very easy going. The dive staff was also spectacular. We had the pleasure of diving with Michelle most of the week and also completed our Rescue Diver certification with Stewart. Great instruction and he was very thorough.
We met great people that we hope to see and dive with again upon our return this coming winter for the first week of February 2013.
Looking forward to enjoying one of Tita's awesome burgers - and if lucky enough, perhaps another fried Lionfish feast.
Sueno del Mar is by far our favorite spot in Roatan and we intend to go back every year!
Great value at this cute little "resort" :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Included with the rooms are airport transfers, snorkeling, kayaks. We installed a generator March of 2007 to deal with the current electric problems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Sueno Del Mar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel West End
- Sueno Del Mar Resort Roatan, Honduras - West End