“Great diving, but lovely location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luna Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West End
Luna Beach Resort
You added Luna Beach Resort to your Saves list
Carrretera Pavimentada Ppal., West End, Honduras   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in West End
hongkong
“Great diving, but lovely location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We came here for my husband to scuba dive. When we drove up to the resort through the lush grounds we were happily surprised. However the lobby and check-in are very basic, and the rooms are honestly not that great at all. Luckily the beach is very nice, which is where I found myself reading and relaxing on the hamock while my husband was diving. What appealed to us what that the location was quite private; it felt like a private beach. You can also swim and snorkel off the dock, which is also a great place to watch the sunset. The West End is within walking distance along the beach so you can bar hop and eat out if you like. With all this going on, we spent very little time in the room, but I would have given this place 2-3 stars if we had to be in the room more.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Teg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I traveled to Roatan for the first time with my husband on April 5th. I had read some awful reviews after booking our reservations on Luna Beach (I know, it should've been the other way around) and I was so anxious that we would not have a pleasant experience. When we got there, I was surprised that everything was better than I could imagine. The hotel was in good condition (It's as fancy as you can get in West End, but I think that they could exploit it more to make it better) and the staff was helpful and nice to us. Our room was clean and tidy, and the A/C worked just fine (contrary to a review I read a while back). In fact at night it got so cold that we had to turn it off and it wasn't noisy at all. The walks along the seashore at night (Luna Beach - West End) were pretty safe even at 2 am - just bring a flashlight to light your way. It was a memorable experience and we will be staying there next time we visit Roatan.

Room Tip: This is not a room tip - but a general tip: My husband got a cut and pretty much everything (includi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

As a new, just certified divers, feeling safe was very important to us. Adam, the dive master, took excellent care of us. On several of the dives it was just myself and 2 friends along with Adam. He gave gentle constructive criticism at the end of each dive. The thing about Adam is that he would follow up after each dive remarking on what we had improved and what we needed to continue working on.
The boat was large with plenty of room for all of our gear. Ferman was a great captain helping us get into our gear and into the water and helping each of us out.
Overall, we had a wonderful, very personalized experience. Thank you Luna Beach crew!

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Belize City, Belize
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My husband and I have been to over 50 plus countries, 4 the last 3 months and we are not usually ones to complain... HOWEVER, this would probably be the worst place we have ever stayed for the money. Most of the positive reviews were from divers, which I would have to say that this place has a good center, HOWEVER, there are better places to stay with dive centers.
Everyone near us has had to move so that they can accomodate more people then move us back after one day??!!! DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. Who stays for one night? And why would they not supply a different room for the ONE night for the other guest?? Not just us, but everyone around us as well. It is what it is?

Room Tip: Ocean view!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
spoiled1s, Manager at Luna Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Possibly next time you should call us directly and make your reservation, we could have accommodated you much better. Going thru an agent LASTminute just before Holy Week, might have been your problem. We had many e-mails thanking us for a great week, sorry you were not one of them.
Prosper, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

A fantastic experience was had by all thanks to the Luna Beach Dive Group. The program is extremely educational, completely safety orientated and they are all compassionate about what they do. Adam created an atmosphere that ensured we completed all three dives per day. He is a remarkable individual with great dive talents. Above all, he exudes the care and fragility the reef desires and needs. His attributes are clearly passed on to the small groups that get to experience the Roatan Reef System. Amos is a "one of a kind" and has filled big shoes with pride. Thank you for a memorable experience and I am looking forward to coming back and hitting the other 50+ spots we haven't even seen yet.

Room Tip: We stayed in the beautiful Tropical House #3.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
San Mateo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

My husband and I spent seven days at Luna Beach we just needed to get away and just relax. The views were breathtaking, the place is a walking distance to restaurants and shops, one big drawback were the sandflies at their beach we had mosquito repellent but those nasty flies were relentless, not sure how prevalent they are throughout the island but my husband's back was a mess. the internet connection was less than desirable and the lack of TV which we didnt think we needed it was a bit frustrating.. It was a my first time stay at Luna Beach and Roatan. I will definitely consider Luna Beach but I will try other places and compare. Overall we had a good experience, the customer service was good, the hotel workers were really good and consideredI will recommend it to friends and family. I cant wait to return to Roatan.

Room Tip: The rooms we got were beach front, basic but clean..
Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
spoiled1s, Manager at Luna Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Luna Beach Resort.
Those Sand Fleas are the curse of the Island, sorry to say. Luckily for you we spray a natural flower extract 2 times a day to help control them, we also rake the beach each day which is supposed to help. Other locations on the Island are much worse for sure. A few things to remember is to spray your back that is one place most forget to spray and then do not pick up a towel that was laying on the sand without shaking it - before you wrap it around yourself. A couple of tips that might help. The thing is they just like some people more then others, they do not bite the natives and some say it's because they eat so much garlic, so maybe another clue that might help. Look forward to helping you plan a vacation again in the future.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed there from February 3 - 10, 2012 and absolutley loved it. The hotel is in a very quite area adjacent to West End and very near ($3 water taxi) to West Bay, so if you want to get to the noise and night life its very simple. The rooms were clean and reasonably well kept. If you're looking for a pampered 5 star place this is not it, but if you are looking for clean, safe, quite and very nice owner's/staff this is it! I have dove all over the world, the dive shop, equipment and especially the staff are the best I have ever had the privledge to dive with.... these people are thorough, and extreemly knowledgable of their craft and their location.
The restaruant makes some very nice meals (best burger on the island). The owner (Chuck) is there to greet you every day and is very enjoyable to talk to. His two daughters are highly involved and are not only prompt to deal with, but are very nice to their customers.
I will come back often

Room Tip: Talk to Debbie, when you book and ask which room is appropriate. My daughter and I got a very nice...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Luna Beach Resort? Share your experiences!