“Even better than expected.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Splash Inn Dive Resort

You added Splash Inn Dive Resort to your Saves list
Splash Inn Dive Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Pavimentada Principal, West End 31000, Honduras   |
Offers & Announcements
Save on Activity tickets
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in West End
LAKEWOOD
“Even better than expected.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Based on reviews here, my husband and I spent a wonderful week at this great little hotel/diveshop/restaurant. When arriving by taxi, we had a moment of "Oh my God. What did we get ourselves into?" West End really is a developing country town. However, our doubts quickly disappeared as we began to check in and then were shown our room. Ours was the king room shown on their website and it looked exactly like that. Nicely decorated, clean, and spacious. The bed was firm and comfortable and the airconditioner worked well as did the overhead ceiling fan. Was this a five star hotel? Of course not -- not at their very reasonable rates. Yet we had it all. The grounds are kept clean and our room was quiet at night.

The dive operation was very professionally done. I would have liked a bit longer dives -- most were about 45 minutes -- but they had a lot of newbies which they seemed to do a good job of training. We had our own gear but what I saw of theirs was new and of good quality. Dive masters are enthusiastic and professional. Dive sites are five to ten minutes away and your return to their shop between for surface intervals. This provides a lot of flexibility to pick and choose the dives you want to go on. At the end of the week, you pay based on how many dives you did rather than paying one set fee. Discounts are given for more dives.

The restaurant's food was wonderful. We opted for the all inclusive and you would have thought we would have run through the menu quickly. The opposite was the case. Each lunch and dinner, it was difficult to choose as the options were plentiful. I ended up repeating a couple of dishes not because of a limited menu but because I just had to have them again. Both my husband and I gained weight. The seafood risotto was to die for.

Will we return? Absolutely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed for 10 days and did an advance dive course through them. Had a great time and learned a lot. The instructors were very qualified and patient. They are also great people, we had a lot of laughs. The actual location could not be better having so many dive sites right at your doorstep. The restaurant had quality food and friendly staff. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This last January was my fifth time in the Splash Inn. Diving is always excellent, the team is professional, the equipment is first class, prices are very good, the people are welcoming...there probably be a sixth time.Recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HERAKLION
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Perfect diving place, and our instructor Thanasis was very cooperative. the night life is very close to the resort, you can go everywhere on foot. although, there was a lot of noise because of the construction in near buildings. They start work at 7 in the morning and finish at 5. The personnel was very kind and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This dive resort in located on Main Street in West End, Roatan. I had not been diving for 15 years and was quite nervous. My daughter has been to Roatan several times over the last year and has always enjoyed diving out of this dive shop. At their advice, I took a scuba tune up course which included an open water review. My dive master was very patient, but we were able to cover the material in an efficient manner and off we went. I felt more comfortable on my first dive back than I ever had been in years past. My daughter and I ended up diving with Splash Inn for 5 dives this week. We had alot of fun, felt completely safe, and saw amazing things on our dives. I definately recommend this dive shop, especially for anyone who has any anxiety about diving. Their small dive groups and individual attention will have you up to speed in no time. My daughter has her advanced open water and she also says it is her favorite dive shop. Splash Inn...West End, Roatan...roatansplashinn.com

Utila, Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Spent four night at Splash in with my girl friend on a lil get away from Utila, the location is hands down the best, they have their own dive school witch comes in handy or just head down 15 feet and there is west end divers.. The location is the best.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The folks at Splash Inn and dive shop were great. Excellent service by the whole staff. You could tell the dive masters were really enjoying what they were doing. Great location also.
One other thing; they even refunded our last night's stay and dive fees because we had to cut our trip short by a day. Very very gracious.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Splash Inn Dive Resort? Share your experiences!