Based on reviews here, my husband and I spent a wonderful week at this great little hotel/diveshop/restaurant. When arriving by taxi, we had a moment of "Oh my God. What did we get ourselves into?" West End really is a developing country town. However, our doubts quickly disappeared as we began to check in and then were shown our room. Ours was the king room shown on their website and it looked exactly like that. Nicely decorated, clean, and spacious. The bed was firm and comfortable and the airconditioner worked well as did the overhead ceiling fan. Was this a five star hotel? Of course not -- not at their very reasonable rates. Yet we had it all. The grounds are kept clean and our room was quiet at night.
The dive operation was very professionally done. I would have liked a bit longer dives -- most were about 45 minutes -- but they had a lot of newbies which they seemed to do a good job of training. We had our own gear but what I saw of theirs was new and of good quality. Dive masters are enthusiastic and professional. Dive sites are five to ten minutes away and your return to their shop between for surface intervals. This provides a lot of flexibility to pick and choose the dives you want to go on. At the end of the week, you pay based on how many dives you did rather than paying one set fee. Discounts are given for more dives.
The restaurant's food was wonderful. We opted for the all inclusive and you would have thought we would have run through the menu quickly. The opposite was the case. Each lunch and dinner, it was difficult to choose as the options were plentiful. I ended up repeating a couple of dishes not because of a limited menu but because I just had to have them again. Both my husband and I gained weight. The seafood risotto was to die for.
Will we return? Absolutely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in West End, on one of the best beaches on the island. The Hotel Splash Inn Dive Resort overlooks one of the most beautiful barrier reefs in the world. We will offer you personal attention and our trained staff will make your stay on Roatan an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Splash Inn Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Splash Inn Dive Hotel West End
- Pura Vida Hotel Dive Center
- Pura Vida Resort Dive Center
- Splash Inn Dive Resort Roatan, Honduras - West End