“They cared more about us than money” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Scuba Roatan prides itself on providing professional service sprinkled with a generous amount of personal attention. Scuba Roatan is a new dive shop by name here in West End, however, it's definitely not new to the diving scene in Roatan. Owner Rino Jackson is a second generation local divemaster/instructor with over 7000 dives on the reef and still gets excited each and every time he heads out into the blue. Scuba Roatan is a small shop that specializes in small groups and a family friendly atmosphere with completely customized service.
Laughlin, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
“They cared more about us than money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were on a cruise and came into roatan I found Scuba Roatan on trip adviser and scheduled a beginner scuba for my family on 11/6/13. Amanda was great and emailed me right away. When we got there unfortunately my daughter has asthma but almost never needs an inhaler and my other daughter drank to much on the ship. They were very worried about the asthma and my other daughter. They did not think it would be safe. I respect the fact that they did not take our money and risk our lives.
We plan on getting a doctors ok and we will definitely go back to roatan and Scuba Roatan
The Willett Family

Augusta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“Personalized - Flexible - Friendly - Professional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is not my first trip to Roatan. Before heading to Roatan I emailed all of the dive shops I could find online. The private dive shop I used before was no longer in business. My dilemma, solo diver not staying at a resort. Scuba Roatan was one of only three dive shops that emailed me back. Besides recommendation of friends on the island, I picked Scuba Roatan because the number of divers on the boat, the people, and the overall process did not make me feel like I was part of a factory assembly line. The experience was personalized, friendly, and flexible. Over the course of a week I dove with all three dive masters working that week (Peter - Filippo - Maria). Loved them all! Filippo provided the training and orientation for my friend who did the shallow "Discovery Dive". After doing a wreck dive that morning with Peter I tagged along to photograph my friend's first dive. I do not travel with my own gear so I really inspect dive shop's rental gear. I will say Scuba Roatan's gear is well maintain. Though we picked on Peter because his personal wet suit had seen better days. Since I have family on the island I will go back and I hope to use Scuba Roatan.

Visited July 2013
Inwood, West Virginia
“Awesome Dive Shop!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went diving here on the Oct 3rd and it was my 6th dive and wanted to try out a different dive shop since i was diving elsewhere. My Divemaster Katie hooked me up with a BCD and we were on our way to some diving within minutes. We went to Dive Site: Dixie and it was prolly my most favorite dive ever. My Divemaster Katie took me to 60 feet and which was amazing along the wall. We saw many fish ( which i still have to learn the names of) saw some turtles, pipefish and etc...The guys on the boat were awesome with helping you in and out of the boat. They were just awesome all away around. I would dive with them again! Thanks Scuba Roatan for making a enjoyable dive! :D

Visited October 2013
Miami, Florida
“The BEST hands down!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I were very fortunate to find this wonderful family dive shop after discovering that the dive excursion offered by our cruise ship was totally booked. We couldn't stop in Roatan without diving in one of the most beautiful dive spots the Caribbean has to offer. I shopped around on line and after contacting several different shops, checking reviews and receiving responses to my inquiries, I choose Scuba Roatan because of the many positive current reviews and Amanda's friendly and informative contact with me. Our driver Dennis was waiting for us as we walked from the port and drove us directly to the shop. There we were greeted by Amanda and introduced to several of the staff/Dive Masters and other divers that would be joining us. We needed to rent equipment and everything was provided and carried out to the boat for us. My husband and I have never received such personalized service from any dive shop. We were treated like honored guests and this wonderful crew ensured that we had safe enjoyable dives. The dive sites were spectacular and our Dive Master Katie and DM Trainee Andrew took their time to point out the beautiful sea life and formations. A special thank you to young Andrew who tended to me when I needed to cut my second dive short. He even joined me snorkeling until the other divers finished the dive. To sum up our experience: Scuba Roatan is very professional, yet family oriented, making you feel that you are diving with your closest family and friends. We will be back!!!!

Visited October 2013
Fort Ripley, MN
“An AMAZING Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was my first trip to Roatan. Scuba Roatan made it such a wonderful experience. We stopped at several dive shops on West End and they seemed very impersonal and mechanical in their service. When we got to Scuba Roatan, the staff was very kind and inviting and I knew immediately this was the dive shop. I’m a pretty inexperienced, “nervous” diver, while my boyfriend is a more seasoned diver. Amanda suggested that the dive master, Marie, take me out separate from the more experienced group after I had some issues with my first dive (my issues, not theirs). This allowed me to hone my skills and get more comfortable without taking from the experience of the other divers. Their ability to tailor to my diving needs was wonderful. The skill of their dive masters made me feel, not only relaxed, but SAFE and confident in their abilities.

They were also able to cater to my physical limitations due to back surgeries. The staff carried my gear to and from the boat and I was able to put everything on in the water. It was so nice not having to worry about my gear (we brought our own, although they have very nice gear to use), which was well taken care of before and after each dive.

Their staff is wonderful!! Amanda and Rino are pleasant, kind, and caring. Marie is amazing!! Her “passion” (as she would say) for diving is undeniable. She was patient and full of advice. Their dive masters in training, Chyanne and Ander, were also very helpful, knowledgeable! Peter, Katie, and boat captain Juvini were also great. If you’re looking for a dive shop that is personal, friendly, and will guarantee to make your dive vacation unforgettable—THIS IS THE DIVE SHOP FOR YOU!!!!

Visited September 2013