“Amazing and Excellent Experience! Felt like we were VIPs! Super Convenient!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Island Diving Center

Island Diving Center
| Half Moon Bay, West End, Honduras
+504 9827-5042
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Roatan's premier scuba diving center for the discriminating diver of all ages. We are a full service PADI dive center located in the Half Moon Bay, West End area of Roatan, Honduras. We teach all PADI courses and conduct dive excursions to the over 40 dive sites along Roatan's reef. We keep our class and dive excursion sizes small for personalized service. We cater to our cruise ship customers by having special dive times to accommodate their schedule. Professional and friendly diving at its best!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
San Diego, California
“Amazing and Excellent Experience! Felt like we were VIPs! Super Convenient!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We dove with Enomis Divers for 5 days and were very satisfied with the experience. We arranged things over the phone with Lee, the shop owner. All was just as he said. Pino, our dive master, was excellent in picking places for us to go and finding creatures to show us. He thoroughly reviewed the dive site before the dive and prepared us for the experience and for what we might see. After the dive he was happy to help us identify fish and creatures with one of the shop's id books. Speaking of the shop, it is just steps away from the ocean. They have an outdoor shower, racks to dry your gear, an area to put on your gear, storage to store your gear.

As it was slow season, there was just the two of us diving most of the time. They were happy to leave for a dive when we wanted to and were super flexible with the schedule. In addition, they spoil you. They set up all your gear, wash it, let it dry in the sun, put it away for safe keeping. We brought our own gear but they have plenty of nice gear for you to use. Pino has been on the island for 7 years and really knows the sites as does Lee.

We felt like members of their families before we left. Lee and his wife Anita will take excellent care of you as will Pino and Capt. Will. We look forward to returning to Roatan and diving with Enomis Divers.

The diving experience made our vacation so memorable!

Visited November 2013

New Haven, Connecticut
“Can't do better than Lee and his Enomis Divers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from another cruise that stopped at Roatan. We have been diving with Lee and Enomis divers on many occasions and he and his wife Anita never disappoint. We consider them like family at this point. They are very flexible with their schedule and even though our time in Roatan is short we know that he will get us back to the boat on time. Be sure to book your transport with his taxi friend as the taxi is always waiting when you get off the boat, and on time to pick you back up at the shop for the return trip.
Our dives with Enomis are always excellent. Lee does small groups of divers and gives very personal attention. The West End is a wonderful dive spot with so many dives just minutes from the shop. I especially enjoy coming back to shore between dives to relax for the dive interval.
Thank you again Lee for another memorable trip!

Visited September 2013
Ellensburg, Washington
“Top notch quality, attention, and staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I were visiting the West End of Roatan for the fourth time in two decades- our first ever kidless "big trip." I really wanted to learn how to scuba, but my wife was very tentative. By the time we earned our Open Water cert.s and had our last dive she wanted to go for more! Why? Because Enomis is not like the other dive programs in Roatan. Though they are reputable, they cater to more of a 20-something, party crowd and they deal in big numbers. Enomis is for anyone and they strive to keep the instructor to student ratio low. In addition to Instructor and Owner Lee's 6000 dive expertise, Enomis is populated by his cheerful wife, Anita; his experienced and kind Divemaster, Pino; equally personable and competent Captain Will; and Lee's friend and super experienced "volunteer" Han. We had a fantastic experience and both will return next summer to earn our Advanced Open Water cert.s and spend some time with the great people at Enomis.

Visited July 2013
Fairfield, California
4 attraction reviews
“Great place to refresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I came to Enomis after not diving for a year, and after having a horrific diving experience in Guatemala in 2009. I spoke to Lee about doing a refresher and did just that, doing a shallow dive with the divemaster, Pino. Beforehand, I was given a refresher on setting up my equipment, and watched a video on the diving process. By the time I got in the water I was feeling quite comfortable. Pino stayed within an arm's reach the whole time and continually asked me if I was okay, which I was. I then did another dive with them and saw an assortment of cool fish, and did some swim-throughs, and had a great time. I wish I had been able to stay longer on Roatan so I could have done more dives with them. Completely recommend.

Visited June 2013
“GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

AWESOME!! Use these guys. Small groups, great people, knowledgeable staff and a family atmosphere!
Stumbled across them on TripAdvisor. We visited Roatan as one of our stops while on a cruise. Before our cruise I emailed Lee and received an almost immediate response with all the information I needed. After reviewing everything they had to offer I emailed him again and asked about them taking me out to complete 2 of my dives needed towards an Advanced Open Water Certification and my wife completing the Discover Scuba class that can help lead her towards her Open Water Certificate. He responded back and was very happy to accommodate.
When we got to the shop it was like a family atmosphere. The staff was very personable, knowledgeable and well versed in all things scuba. My wife and I got split. She took the Discover Scuba class while I did my 2 dives. My wife had a one on one lesson the whole day with Luca while I had Lee as a trainer. My 1st dive was with Lee, Dino and a family of 3 that had been diving there for the past couple weeks completing their certifications. So, it was a rather small and intimate group which is what I was looking for. I had some trouble equalizing so Lee stayed right with me while Dino went down with the others. I eventually got down to the 100' and Lee took his time with me. If I had gone with another dive shop they would have sent me back to the top and completed the dive without me because they would have had a lot more people. The 2nd dive it was Lee and I and I had to lead the dive. Lee was a great teacher, very knowledgeable helpful and showed me things that we couldn't have seen if we had been with a large group.
My wife had her 1st dive with Luca while Dino took pictures and helped teach her some basics that helps put her on the right path for her Open Water. She loved the 1 on 1 teaching she received because he was only worried about teaching her and not having to deal with ton of others.
We loved this dive shop. They are a diamond in the ruff. It's a dive shop run by a diver who thinks like what a tourist diver/diver student would want to dive not to see how many people they can shove into a day and charge an arm and a leg. They are welcoming and friendly. I know I will return to this dive shop again.
If you are looking for a down home, knowledgeable staff, small class sizes and great people search no more this is it.

Visited June 2013