“Great food, great prices” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in West End
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Great food, great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Seems to be the oly restaurant on the island with options for gluten free meals. The food overall is very good and not too heavy, perfect for the hot weather and activities available on the island.

Visited May 2013

New Haven, CT
“Over-Hyped, Under-delivered”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were quite disappointed by our visit to Earth Mama's. Simply put, everything that could go wrong, did. First, we dealt with the miraculously dissapearing menu, in which, after we ordered, we were informed that our food choices weren't available. Rather than suggesting something else, our waitress simply announced the substitution that she would make. So, for example, in exchange for what the menu described as a "homemade banana nut muffin" I got a toasted English muffin from a box, with no apology or reduction from the price. It wasn't until we were almost finished eating that we finally got our coffee, and, compared to the other coffee we've had, it wasn't that good. We went on a Sunday, lured by the promise of their Sunday specials--none of which were available, including the guitarist that they advertised. For all their trouble, they added the tip on the bill without even telling us (we were a party of two).

Overall, prices seemed high for the island. This might be cheaper than a Manhattan brunch, but is certainly not reasonably priced for Roatan. I think Mama Earth is trying to hard to be a restaurant, smoothie bar, and yoga studio at the same time, and should decide what it wants to do. I hope, for the sake of future visitors, it picks yoga studio.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Carbondale, Colorado
“Beautiful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I visited this place three times while I was on my 10 day trip. I went twice for breakfast one once for a smoothie. I kept going back because I just like the feel of the place. The grounds were so pretty and I really liked the chickens running around. Service was good and food was too.

Visited May 2013
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
“Favorite Restaurant in the West End”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

What a cute hidden gem. It's just off the main road so it's not really hidden we just didn't see it right away. We loved our breakfast and wish that we would have found this restaurant sooner.

Visited March 2013
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Wholesome and Peaceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I ate breakfast a couple mornings at Earth Mama's Garden. The food was healthy, fresh and well presented. The Garden atmosphere was very calming. Their breakfast smoothies are very filling and wholesome. The service was very friendly. Thank you for a wonderful, tranquil time.

Visited April 2013