“Go there or miss out on a great experience in life” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 40 restaurants in West End
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
USA
“Go there or miss out on a great experience in life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Best food and atmosphere that you can find anywhere. If we lived on the island we would be there every day. You can tell that Kim loves what she does and cares about her staff. We arrived when they opened and were greeted immediately and felt so welcome. My husband is a "picky eater" but he found everything he ordered "out of this world." Anyone that does not make Earth Mama's Garden Cafe a regular place to visit is missing out on the food, companionship, and lifestyle of the island. We are going back in December and plan to eat there regularly!

• Visited December 2011

94% Recommend
Beirut, Lebanon
“what are people talking about?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I'd heard good things about Earth Mamas, and went there for breakfast on a recent trip to Roatan. I'm envious of the people who had a better experience. I came at 8am (when they open), and although the owner and staff were there, they were clearly not really prepared to attend customers at that point. The owner was flustered (and not very pleasant), the tables had not yet been wiped down, and she was clearly irritated that I wanted her to wipe off one of the garden tables (lovely setting!) rather than sit on the porch of the little shop.
I ordered the banana nutella crepe with fresh fruit. On an tropical island, I expected something much better than cut grapes, sliced apples and CANNED peaches as my fresh fruit. The bananas inside of the crepe were cold and had a slight film of grey around them (that was not the nutella) - they had clearly been cut the day before (to be put in smoothies I suppose). the cold banana inside the warm crepe wasn't especially nice, and it didn't seem like it would have been expecting too much to have a room temperature banana freshly cut for it. the crepe itself was good, and of course, nutella is always excellent.
despite there being only one other person having breakfast at the cafe, service was slow. I especially didn't like that the owner gave off the vibe that having me come in at that hour was a hassle rather than a welcome customer. I won't eat there again.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“The best place to eat in Roatan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Before I give my review, let me say that some people have commented that Earth Mama's is pricey. IT IS NOT!! I gave it "$$" because that is the definition of a casual sit down restaurant on TripAdvisor. The average entree is between $7 to $9. Not only is Earth Mama's definitely comparable to other places on Roatan, it is a better value because the food and service is far superior to other places.
We found Earth Mama's because we were at the dive shop next door. The owner is so friendly; we had a great time with her. She also gave us great advice on what we should (and should not do) during our visit. We went to Earth Mama's several times. All the food at Earth Mama's is amazing and so is the service. Everything is freshly made after you order. The shrimp tostadas were wonderful! The smoothies were great.
We ate there for breakfast also. The eggs benedict and the breakfast burrito were both extremely tasty with very nice presentation.
Overall, Earth Mama's is definitely a place you want to go to. Go early in your trip because you will want to go back!

Glastonbury, Connecticut
“A Cozy, Clean, Convenient, Healthy Oasis Where You'd Least Expect It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

This restaurant is conveniently located just off the beach (walking distance) @ West Bay Beach (no view of the water, unfortunately, since tables are surrounded in private patio). The food is healthy (think gluten free, almond/soy milk, dairy-free smoothies) and delicious (try the gluten free spring rolls) & hardly anyone was there. There are bananas hanging everywhere, including just outside the hand-carved bench in the back. Fabulous casual outside eating and spotless (despite the cute roaming chicken, which was also very clean). The prices are reasonable. FYI, the owner is Canadian.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Roatan
“Fabulous food, setting, and ZUMBA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Earth Mamas has always been a great place to relax. The tranquil setting lends itself to the delicious and wholesome food on the menu and healthy smoothies. I recommend the Revitalizer and the Banana Crepes with Nutella- YUM! Yoga in the large palapa studio behind the restaurant is one of the most tranquil and peaceful spots on the island, and the teachers are always professional and create a meditative and growth oriented space for their yoga students. With the addition of ZUMBA taught on Saturdays at 10 am- Earth Mama's has it ALL- food, drink, healthy exercise- a true lifestyle center for the adventurous and loving spirit!