“Quiet beachfront condo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villas del Playa - Luxury Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West End
Villas del Playa - Luxury Condos
Carretera Pavimentada Principal, West End, Honduras   |
Austin, Texas
“Quiet beachfront condo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Krystal was wonderful and helped us tremendously during our stay. The condos were as pictured and only a short walk down the beach to the West End. It was quiet and peaceful there. I saw nothing but beautiful turquoise water from our bed in the penthouse. I loved having the kayaks there so we could paddle out, then snorkel the reef. It should be noted that there is sea grass in the water there and it was not desirable to swim or snorkel directly from the beach there. The beach at the West Bay is much nicer, with crystal clear water, no sea grass, no jelly fish, and good snorkeling. The West Bay is also more crowded with cruise ship passengers and people trying to sell you all kinds of merchandise and services. You will have the beach in front of the villas del playa at the West End all to yourself. The people of Roatan are friendly and speak more Spanish than I thought. ( I had read that it's an English speaking island.) We had a great trip overall and were very grateful to Krystal for making our trip enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I loved my stay at the Villas, with wonderful views right on the beach and a great location near everything on the West End. Everything was just a short walk. The property was always well taken care of and clean, and Krystal my concierge had such a great knowledge of the island and what I should experience on my first trip to Roatan. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Wow, this is wonderful place to stay. The maintenance was spectacular and the management catered to my every need. The owners are fantastic. The view is so amazing and the beach is crystal clear. The rooms were extremely comfortable, and so beautiful. Decoration used in the room truly makes it a five star luxury place to stay. I would recommend this to everyone I know!

Room Tip: Any room will be wonderful!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Wow. What a view and a great place to stay. We arrived on Saturday at Roatan Airport and were immediately wisk away by Krystal our concierge. On arrival at the Villas we were treated by a view of Utilla and amazing sunset. We had actually heard about the place through friends, but were even more pleasantly surprised. The Villas themselves are immaculate, with a spacious kitchen, granite countertops and luxury from king size beds and oversized bathrooms all the way to the incredible view from the outdoor porch. An absolutely amazing week with friends in luxury at the beach and right in my beloved West End. Thanks again to Krystal for setting up our snacks and refrigerator delights as well as babysitting us and helping us around the island. On the way back in December!

• Stayed August 2012
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had a fantastic time at the Villas and love Roatan. The staff was great and the location of the Villas was also great, a short walk to West End plus being right on the water is the best. So, why only 3 stars? . Deferred maintenance was an issue along with questionable skill or craftsmanship in the interior trim work and attention to detail. The dishwasher did not work, pool needed cosmetic repair (waterfall broken, tiles falling off), exterior needs paint or power washing, stucco is cracking, very little in the way of utensils, pots pans, glasses etc. (I doubt you could cook a meal if you wanted) internet service was hit or miss. The place was just not a 5 star condo to be honest. It certainly could be though. Would I go back? I think I would based on the location alone plus none of these issues really negatively impacted our trip. I just expected a little better maintained place. I would find out if some of these had been addressed before returning though. Particularly the kitchen and internet issues. If you go you will for sure have a great time, the place just needs TLC to be 4 or 5 stars. Trying to keep it real.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
VillasdelPlaya, Owner at Villas del Playa - Luxury Condos, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review VDP. We are so pleased to hear that you had a fantastic trip and that you enjoyed the location.
Our goal is to make VDP a 5-star rated property. We see that you stayed at VDP in April of 2012. We actually purchased the property two months after your vacation, but would like to respond to your concerns. As new owners, we truly value hearing what we can do to improve your experience.
We will try to address your concerns as listed in your review:
Given that the previous owner passed away unexpectedly, the property was subjected to a period during which maintenance was deferred. Since we purchased the property, we have been improving all areas of need, and will continue to do so as they arise.
We are aware of the cosmetic work needed to replace the missing tiles in the pool, and have that on our "to-do" list.
We completely agree on the exterior! The entire building is currently being power-washed, primed and painted as I write.
As to the inventory of the utensils, pans, etc...Given that your stay occurred before we owned the property, I can reply only to the current state of inventory. As soon as we purchased, we added equipment to all of the units, and feel confident that they are better equipped than during your stay.
Internet Service on the island is often hit or miss for everyone. We will follow-up with our concierge to see if there is anything we can do to help improve the service.
Thank you again for reviewing VDP. We would love to have you return to VDP and hope to hear from you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Best diving in the world. The property manager Kris was great and the accommodations impeccable. I can't wait to go back with my family. Best sunset that I have ever seen and I've been all over the world. The beach at West End and right out in front of VDP can't be beat. There are tons of restaurants and night clubs a short walk down the beach but not too close in case you want privacy and peace. I reccomend West End Dive shop. Water taxi's are about $2/person but tald to Kris about the going rates. The taxis pass by all the time. Safe, clean and comfortable. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The penthouse with it's own pool is nice but really all the rooms are nice and the main pool and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We just returned from Roatan and it was better than we could have imagined.

First off, the island is beautiful, the people are wonderful and everywhere we went people made us feel at home.

We decided to stay at Villas del Playa based on its location and the reviews. The location is ideal – its dead smack in the middle of everything and the view, oh the view – imagine waking up every morning to the subtle sound of waves lapping onto shore as a warm gentle ocean breeze drifts across your body – it was that and more. The condo is right on the beach – about 20 feet from pristine water and a dock. There is pool (you can see from the pictures) right on the beach.

Right down the beach are a number of bars / restaurants that can serve up a collection of local fare, or if you are aching for something from back home, a burger or fries are easy to come by.
Additionally, you can walk to a number of dive shops (Villas del Playa is right in the middle of some of the best diving in the world).

The condo themselves are beautiful; there are all the amenities we take for granted and they were all working, in good condition and clean.

I honestly would love to live here – if you look at the all information about Honduras it is ranked as one of the top destinations for expatriates, and Roatan is one of the best islands in all of Central American – easy to get to and all the amenities of home.

Villas del Playa is the cherry on top of what is an idyllic place.

We will be back next year

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Villas del Playa - Luxury Condos? Share your experiences!