“Loved my stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villas del Playa - Luxury Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West End
Villas del Playa - Luxury Condos
Save Saved
You added Villas del Playa - Luxury Condos to your Saves list
Carretera Pavimentada Principal, West End, Honduras   |
Denver, Colorado
“Loved my stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I loved my stay at the Villas, with wonderful views right on the beach and a great location near everything on the West End. Everything was just a short walk. The property was always well taken care of and clean, and Krystal my concierge had such a great knowledge of the island and what I should experience on my first trip to Roatan. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Wow, this is wonderful place to stay. The maintenance was spectacular and the management catered to my every need. The owners are fantastic. The view is so amazing and the beach is crystal clear. The rooms were extremely comfortable, and so beautiful. Decoration used in the room truly makes it a five star luxury place to stay. I would recommend this to everyone I know!

Room Tip: Any room will be wonderful!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Wow. What a view and a great place to stay. We arrived on Saturday at Roatan Airport and were immediately wisk away by Krystal our concierge. On arrival at the Villas we were treated by a view of Utilla and amazing sunset. We had actually heard about the place through friends, but were even more pleasantly surprised. The Villas themselves are immaculate, with a spacious kitchen, granite countertops and luxury from king size beds and oversized bathrooms all the way to the incredible view from the outdoor porch. An absolutely amazing week with friends in luxury at the beach and right in my beloved West End. Thanks again to Krystal for setting up our snacks and refrigerator delights as well as babysitting us and helping us around the island. On the way back in December!

• Stayed August 2012
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had a fantastic time at the Villas and love Roatan. The staff was great and the location of the Villas was also great, a short walk to West End plus being right on the water is the best. So, why only 3 stars? . Deferred maintenance was an issue along with questionable skill or craftsmanship in the interior trim work and attention to detail. The dishwasher did not work, pool needed cosmetic repair (waterfall broken, tiles falling off), exterior needs paint or power washing, stucco is cracking, very little in the way of utensils, pots pans, glasses etc. (I doubt you could cook a meal if you wanted) internet service was hit or miss. The place was just not a 5 star condo to be honest. It certainly could be though. Would I go back? I think I would based on the location alone plus none of these issues really negatively impacted our trip. I just expected a little better maintained place. I would find out if some of these had been addressed before returning though. Particularly the kitchen and internet issues. If you go you will for sure have a great time, the place just needs TLC to be 4 or 5 stars. Trying to keep it real.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
VillasdelPlaya, Owner at Villas del Playa - Luxury Condos, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review VDP. We are so pleased to hear that you had a fantastic trip and that you enjoyed the location.
Our goal is to make VDP a 5-star rated property. We see that you stayed at VDP in April of 2012. We actually purchased the property two months after your vacation, but would like to respond to your concerns. As new owners, we truly value hearing what we can do to improve your experience.
We will try to address your concerns as listed in your review:
Given that the previous owner passed away unexpectedly, the property was subjected to a period during which maintenance was deferred. Since we purchased the property, we have been improving all areas of need, and will continue to do so as they arise.
We are aware of the cosmetic work needed to replace the missing tiles in the pool, and have that on our "to-do" list.
We completely agree on the exterior! The entire building is currently being power-washed, primed and painted as I write.
As to the inventory of the utensils, pans, etc...Given that your stay occurred before we owned the property, I can reply only to the current state of inventory. As soon as we purchased, we added equipment to all of the units, and feel confident that they are better equipped than during your stay.
Internet Service on the island is often hit or miss for everyone. We will follow-up with our concierge to see if there is anything we can do to help improve the service.
Thank you again for reviewing VDP. We would love to have you return to VDP and hope to hear from you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Best diving in the world. The property manager Kris was great and the accommodations impeccable. I can't wait to go back with my family. Best sunset that I have ever seen and I've been all over the world. The beach at West End and right out in front of VDP can't be beat. There are tons of restaurants and night clubs a short walk down the beach but not too close in case you want privacy and peace. I reccomend West End Dive shop. Water taxi's are about $2/person but tald to Kris about the going rates. The taxis pass by all the time. Safe, clean and comfortable. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The penthouse with it's own pool is nice but really all the rooms are nice and the main pool and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We just returned from Roatan and it was better than we could have imagined.

First off, the island is beautiful, the people are wonderful and everywhere we went people made us feel at home.

We decided to stay at Villas del Playa based on its location and the reviews. The location is ideal – its dead smack in the middle of everything and the view, oh the view – imagine waking up every morning to the subtle sound of waves lapping onto shore as a warm gentle ocean breeze drifts across your body – it was that and more. The condo is right on the beach – about 20 feet from pristine water and a dock. There is pool (you can see from the pictures) right on the beach.

Right down the beach are a number of bars / restaurants that can serve up a collection of local fare, or if you are aching for something from back home, a burger or fries are easy to come by.
Additionally, you can walk to a number of dive shops (Villas del Playa is right in the middle of some of the best diving in the world).

The condo themselves are beautiful; there are all the amenities we take for granted and they were all working, in good condition and clean.

I honestly would love to live here – if you look at the all information about Honduras it is ranked as one of the top destinations for expatriates, and Roatan is one of the best islands in all of Central American – easy to get to and all the amenities of home.

Villas del Playa is the cherry on top of what is an idyllic place.

We will be back next year

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I and our 2 teenage sons spent 10 days at VDP. Just got back and missing it already. We also miss being totally catered to by Sue Ann! The villas are beautiful inside, every comfort of home. The pools were a great place to float around at the end of the day and watch the sunset. Having access to the rooftop pool and enjoying our meals "up top" was fantastic. We also enjoyed hanging out on our spacious and comfortable balcony when we weren't out and about. The beach is clean and the water is the perfect temperature...well for me, anyway. I hate the cold.

The reef is amazing and one of the best dive spots, the Blue Channel, is about a 5 minute kayak paddle from the beach directly in front of the villas. The glass bottom kayaks were great and it was wonderful to have them whenever we wanted them.

West End is a great little town and just up the road (<5 minute walk) There are a lot of restaurants and bars to chose from. Sue Ann will give you the lowdown on them as you drive through to the villas. The road is dirt and the town is simply strung along the beach. We highly recommend the Chicken Rotisserie and not just for the chicken, which was exceptional. Dola's cinnamon buns are incredible! The Hole in the Wall is worth a visit. You'll find quite a cast of characters hanging out there and the food (all you can eat lobster and steak on Sundays) is great. Nova is also very good. We went there the night they had fresh pork and it was delicious. The Taco Man makes great tacos and gringas. And did I mention that you'll love the prices? Amazingly cheap for what you get at most places.

We found the people very friendly and, of course, Sue Ann knows everyone. We were there during the Easter celebrations, so town was a little chaotic, but still fun. Even with all the loud music and celebrating, once we were back at the villas, it was a return to peace and quiet. West Bay is a lovely beach, but quite frankly it is commercialized - resorts and condos all along it and we were very happy to just go by in Sue Ann's boat and see it from the sea.

Gilma (Vilma) is one of Sue Ann's employees and she is the GREATEST cook ever. Breakfasts every morning were yummy and when she made lunch it was to die for. Her tortillas and chimolte (pico de gallo) made my husbands mouth water. She was there every day to clean our villa. Miguel was also always there with a smile to get us the kayaks, get us an umbrella, carry our groceries up to the villa and anything else we wanted done. We are not high maintenance people and would have been glad to do all of that ourselves, but Sue Ann insisted we were on vacation and we were to do nothing.

Sue Ann IS Villas Del Playa. She is the hardest working, most organized, and energetic woman I've ever met. I cannot tell you all the things she did for us or this review would be longer than it already is. Some WOW moments:

Husband left wallet on the plane. We were driving away when he realized it. Sue Ann was back in the airport, spoke with her United Airlines contact and it was back in his hands in 5 minutes.

We had horrible flight connections back home. When we mentioned this at the last minute, Sue Ann was on the phone and had our 29 hour return trip down to less than 15 hours! She also convinced them to waive the change fee....unbelievable! Then she got us a FULL refund on the hotel we had reserved (2 rooms) for our original 11 hour layover in San Salvador less than 24 hours before we arrived. We would have lost the payment totally otherwise.

My youngest son is an avid fisherman and Sue Ann loves to fish as well. She took him out on her boat with my husband to fish a few mornings. She showed my son how to build some different rigs for his rod, ran around getting him the proper hooks and weights.....she even untangled a totally messed up line on one of his rods. My son caught a beautiful snapper and Sue Ann cooked it for us for dinner. Delicious!

There are so many things she does for her guests and she takes care of all the details, no matter how small. She has a huge personality and is a very warm, friendly and funny lady.

The atmosphere is very casual. We were all barefoot or in flip flops, shorts and a T-shirt were for getting dressed up. So go on down, sit back, relax and enjoy!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Villas del Playa - Luxury Condos? Share your experiences!