“Great little place!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Houston, Texas
“Great little place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

The atmosphere cannot be beat! Food is good too, and the service is outstanding!

A very quiet, nice place to eat dinner!

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Denver, Colorado
“Don't miss this little out of the way gem....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

We walked by this place every day on our way from Cocolobo. Its beautiful and enticing; lots of great music and lights. It was never very busy and after eating here, we wondered why. We had a fabulous dinner here; fresh fish, vegetables and homemade bread. Coffee was French press and delicious. Flan for dessert was awesome. The menu is not huge but easily would feed anyone. Prices were very reasonable for a lot of food. We would highly recommend this.

• Visited December 2010
Honduras
“my home from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

I stumbled on The lily pond in it,s tranquil garden setting about 6 months ago and now it,s become my own little hide away with it,s high fence giving plenty of privacy and tall trees offering plenty of shade during my lunch breaks.
I have tried most things on the menu but have to say the ceviche is top of my list and the homemade flans to die for.
Every meal, what ever you deside on, comes with a free helping of home baked bread and Salsa as a starter, again the best home baked bread I,ve found on the island,
Most of the times that I call into the Lily Pond is during my luch time but last week I went in the evening and WOW! The garden was lit with torches all the way around the plants and trees and there was even flames that were coming up from below the ground. Amazing.
I,ve prommised myself that this is were i,m going to have my next birthday part
Keep up the good work guys.

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

We spent one week in Roatan, staying at the Cocolobo. We have tried several of the restaurants in West End, but Lily Pond was clearly the best, by far! We had dinner there 3 times in the week!

Place is a little bit outside the town, away from "main street". Not necessarily easy to find, but at least it is very quiet. Nice ambiance (candels and music in a small garden), and very nice service by the owners.

But most important, the food was the best we found on the island: cocktails were excellent (pina colada with fresh coconut and pineapple, while other restaurants make it with bottled coconut juice, and with 50% ice cubes!), delicious lobster tails, and salads. And great espressos! (very important !)

Price of the meals was somewhat lower than competitors, probably because of the location outside main street. I would definitely recommend it!

Oslo, Norway
“Wonderful setting, friendly staff, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

What we had was ok but not more than that, we ate tastier food for much less.

• 2 of 5 stars Food