“The meal was delish, atmosphere a bit strange” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The meal was delish, atmosphere a bit strange”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Lily Pond House is tucked away from the main drag, and sits among a darkened area with trees. It's not beach side and you don't get an ocean breeze at all. The lighting is off (dim and red - personally, I like to be able to see what I'm eating). That said, the meal I had here was really delicious and filling. Take the advice of many other people's reviews and go for the garlic mash and veggie medley. I ordered the catch of the day, smothered in a gravy-like sauce of island spices. It's a healthy sized portion and the price seemed fair for the amount of food and the quality.

Visited October 2012

Portland, OR
“Good Food with Strange Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

When you walk up to the restaurant, you are struck by the strange, small, rectangular pool with one inflatable lounger in it...lined by a light blue light rope. The white B and B has a faux Tudor trim of black painted wood and well, the location is just odd. No view. The music playing that night was operatic. The overall combination was just very surreal. The staff were fabulously helpful, knowledgable about the food and friendly. The fish we each had was sea bass cooked in a delicious Thai sauce and accompanied by fresh vegetables and lovely green salad. We shared an average tasting chocolate dessert at the end and overall think it was good but not great.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Roatan, Honduras
“Just found this place and I live down the street from it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wow, where to start, when you walk into the gate you get this feeling of energy. We have only eaten there twice in the last week because we just found it. First night we both had pork chops and they were some of the best we have ever had. put some garlic mash and mixed vegetables and you have a plate full for 10 bucks. I'm a big eater and i was full. Then for desert... they have lots and they are great. Second night I had the same thing because it was to good the first time. Need I say more? If you dont eat at the lilly pond on west end your missing a real Roatan Treat. Do yourself a favor and find it. (I dont like crowded dining areas... lol)

Visited September 2012
West Palm Beach
“Nice, Out of the Way, Decent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Visited the Lily Pond House twice on my trip. Each time the food was solid, good. I like the garlic mashed potatos and the mixed vegetable medley. One day I had lobster and the next time I had steak and lobster. Both meals were good. Price is a bit on the high end for the island, and to be sitting in plastic patio chairs. On my second visit I was being eaten by insects--that didn't happen earlier in the week. However, they are undergoing some renovation and work in the yard: perhaps they had "stirred up" some things earlier in the day. Service on both visits was great. I would definitely go back for a repeat visit.

Visited August 2012
Arkansas
“Wonderful Meal at The Liyl Pond House, Roatan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were diving with Scuba Roatan and wanted a place to have a quite diner and was referred to The Lilly Pond House. When we got there we were greeted immediately and informed of the specials and seated upstairs on the balcony. I had a chicken breast with a vegetable medley and garlic mashed potatoes. My wife had the Lobster with vegetable medley and potato fries. Both were to die for. Everything was fresh and well prepared. Service was top notch. No to mention the delicious deserts. Which were homemade and you can taste it. Zac and Louis you both are hidden gems.

• Visited July 2012