“Great place for a drink” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 43 Restaurants in West End
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
“Great place for a drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The perfect place to relax after a day diving or exploring. Great drinks, excellent views and just a lot of fun

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Nice view, not bad prices...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Worst drinks we had the whole trip. Watery and warm... No flavor. Bugs ate us up both times we came as well

Loaferoatan, Owner at Sundowners, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Whenever I see that I have a TA review in my Inbox, I cringe when I open the email. 99% of the time they are positive reviews that tell me visitors had a good time. Other times they are not so flattering. I welcome the 1% because it helps us here at Sundowner's continue to be a top rated establishment in West End. Most of my negative reviews have been based on the fact that we are not a traditional restaurant and TA has no sub-category for bars. Although we do serve excellent bar food, our main goal is to serve top notch mixed drinks, so bad drink reviews are upsetting. Warm and Watery seems a bit strange. All of our drinks are served in an over-sized glass full of purified ice. Also Alcohol content is way above average. The only issue I may see is that recently we have hired a few new bartenders and their blender drink making skills may need refining. Will work on that. Concerning the bugs: It is an island wide problem especially with beach locations. We do offer free bug repellent at the bar upon request for our customers.
Sorry you had a mediocre experience
Aaron
Springfield, Tennessee
“Great Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I ate lunch here on occasion while in Roatan. We really enjoyed the fresh fish and the bacon avacado hamburgers! It is located right on the waterfront and has great views. It is also a good spot to meet and chat with others on the island.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida, United States
“One of the Kings fave spots!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We met our friend the King of Roatan Larry Mc. at Sundowners for happy hour and we had a blast great little open air venue with cold, generous drinks and a very friendly staff! cant wait to go back.

Forney, Texas
“Drink and snack on the beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Bar atmosphere with excellent drinks and snacks. You cannot beat the view of the bay at sunset! It looks like a popular spot for tourists. We were there on Canada Day and it looked like the Canadians were having a blast!