“Great Dive Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 26 activities in West End
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: West End Divers is a fully certified PADI Five Star Dive Resort offering scuba diving excursions and training daily. With our four boats, new gear, enthusiastic staff, the second largest barrier reef in the world, and forty plus dive sites in the Sandy Bay Marine Park that surrounds our shop and dock, are just some of the reasons that make West End Divers your best choice for your fun diving adventures during your holiday here on Roatan.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
“Great Dive Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My family recently had the opportunity to dive Roatan with the west end divers. I had specific criteria for our upcoming dive excursion while in port during our western Carribean cruise. My wife and I are both certified divers and have dove many sites in the Carribean. On this particular trip we were traveling with our adult children who we wanted to introduce to scuba diving. Alex, at the dive shop, was able to customize a trip where my three children went thru a discovery dive program while my wife and I dove the reef. We were then able to dive with our kids for the second dive of the day. The dive instructors, Georgi and Ashley, were very competent and personable young ladies. The reefs were beautiful and in great condition. Besides abundant fish, we saw a sea turtle, lion fish, and a moray eel. I look forward to diving with the west end divers again soon. You will not regret booking your next dive trip with the west end dive team.

Victoria
“Wonderful crew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had my first diving experience of my life a couple of weeks ago and the crew at West End Divers made it extremely easy and fun. They offer a professional, comfortable and enjoyable service.

Guelph
“Excellent dive instructor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Four of us visited Roatan in January/February of 2013 and got our diving certification while we were there. We decided on West End Divers after talking to a few dive shops. (We clicked with the people at this one.) West End Divers also came recommended by a couple people.

None of us had ever dived before. Our instructor was Chris and she was amazing! My wife had some issues with some of the skills but Chris was extremely patient and did not rush us or add any stress, which allowed my wife to relax and complete the course.

We saw a ton: turtles, coral, flying fish (from the boat), an eel, sting rays... I can't even remember it all without looking back at my notes. One day we were there, others saw a whale shark! Sadly, we missed that. But we visited a different dive spot each time we went out and every one was good.

We also ate at the café upstairs which was very good and reasonably priced. It also has a great atmosphere, and you could eat there in your swimsuit/towel (between dives).

I would highly recommend this dive shop to anyone!

Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great dive shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We did our Open water and Advanced open water courses with West end divers and the instructors for both were fantastic. The café upstairs is amazing and has some of the best and cheapest food on the whole island!

London
4 attraction reviews
“great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had a fab time with these guys....professionally run shop, tons of equipment but best of all great fun and really friendly atmosphere. Dives were different every day so you never get bored and they are happy to help in any way, even helping us dive on the other side of the island one day st a site West End don't visit.