“Beast time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sandy Bay
Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Beast time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I spent one amazing week in June with great team of friendly professionals.
Thank you very much boys and girls.
I had the best room with view.
Weather for all 7 days was sunny and hot.
Diving and snorkelling there is brilliant.
We were snorkelling with dolphins and, I had a chance to dive on private submarine 2000 ft under.
All that was organize by the hotel team.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Seabrook, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

If you are thinking overcrowded dive boats and scripted dive experiences, then you will be pleasantly surprised with the dive operation here. We were encouraged to be a part of choosing dive sites and often were a small group with similar dive experiences. We were allowed to dive within our experience and comfort level and never felt that we were "a burden". We rented a house not far from the resort and more often than not the dive boat met us at the house dock with all our gear aboard in the morning and off we would go. They also helped arrange a lion fish spearing licensing course for us, which was our "new experience" for this trip. Matt and Di were helpful dive masters and we totally enjoyed our week of diving.

On another note, the lunches at the resort we always filling and good, with fresh dishes. a relaxing way to "off gas" and relax.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I couldn't agree more with the huge number of amazing reviews. The day I arrived, I was told that my fiancee and I should feel like I'm at my own home, but with someone else pouring all the drinks, and this was very true. We felt totally relaxed in the resort and at ease on the water (my fiancee got her open water certification studying our trip). The reef is also spectacular and the variety of sea life is second to none. I recommend renting a flashlight and snorkeling at night, as I saw all sorts of different creatures including several octopi, just off the Tranquilseas dock!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Just got back from holidays in Roatan.

If you are looking for a peaceful, magical, friendly, quality without pretension place to stay/dive/relax/eat/have few drinks in Roatan, this is the place!

Food - fresh, locally sourced, expertly prepared meals. Didn't have a single dish which I could complain about. The cerviche was delicious and try the banana pancakes for breakfast..yumm!

Diving - I completed my Padi AOW with Di and Matt as instructors. Both were excellent with a special shout out to Di! She is a fantastic teacher; strict enough so you are actually learning something but also made the adventure dives interesting and fun. The resort is located a little ways away from the West End and West Bay and so the dive sites you visit are not crowded - which can be a real problem in other locales. The equipment was all top notch. You get your own locker for your stuff for the week which is really convenient if you are not staying at the resort. The week's dives are all scheduled out on a big white board for everyone to see which reflects the great organisation of the team. I've dove all through the Caribbean, Red Sea and the Mediterranean and this was the best diving I've experienced! The reef is so close - no dive we did was more than a 20 minute boat ride away...most within 5 minutes! There are so many dive shops on Roatan that the choice - particularly just searching through the web - can be daunting. I can assure you that there will be none better than tranquilseas and loads much, much worse. The difference in price is minimal but the difference in the quality can be enormous.

Rooms
I did not stay at the resort but did meet some people who showed me where they were staying (King Crab). It was very nice and finished to a high spec. The rooms reflect the entire place - very high quality without pretension. The best way to think of it is as boutique resort - if you want a big hotel/resort experience, head down to West Bay. If you want peace, character and quality, go to Tranquilseas.

Location
Watch the sunset framed by palm trees from the sky deck while having a drink - heaven. No crowds and no thumping music. If you want something more lively, the West End and West Bay - the lively night spots on the island - are an easy 10 and 20 minute taxi ride (respectively) away.

Overall
I was super impressed by this place - and I'm not alone. The reviews are true! If you are going to Roatan, you can not do better than Tranquilseas!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very nice place right by the ocean that never gets crowded. Friendly furry friends love affection. Chris keeps all his SCUBA gear up to date and donates anything over a year old, so the diving here is more expensive, but if you don't want to worry about any shady equipment, this is the place to do it with.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris B, Owner at Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
good morning from a very sunny roatan!

thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on Tripadvisor for others to read.

We use the motto "doing something better everyday" at Tranquilseas, so we are keen how we can improve our service so that future guests have the best possible time and to reach a 5 point review

sunny regards
Kingwood, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed 3 additional night in Roatan to try out Tranquilseas, Very Nice small lodge, great rooms, the bed in our room, Eagle Ray was the best, pool, and great diving, Matt was our dive Master, fairly new to Tranquilsaes but good at his divemaster job, only got 4 dives in with him but they were all good, Ferando and Brook were very nice, did not get to meet Chris but he help out a lot with my wife on the getting us booked

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mechanicsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from Tranquilseas and are already trying to plan a return trip. We have traveled to Belize and Costa Rica previously and we adore Central America. We found that Tranquilseas offered us the perfect balance of a remote location but still with amenities. Having two little ones at home, we now appreciate having WiFi rather than being totally cut off (as we used to do).
Our flight was late by an hour and the lodge still made sure to have someone (Felix) pick us up. After a short taxi ride to the lodge we met the manager Fernando (or if you ask him, my husband's nephew lol) who gave us all the information we needed to know about the lodge and surrounding area. He also provided us with Tranquilseas bottles (no plastic bottles here!). There is a purified water fountain in the bar to refill as needed. The tap water is potable, but they recommend not drinking it to protect your intestine.
We stayed in the Gecko suite, which was lovely and spacious. It has an amazing view of the lagoon and reef. It is above the bar area, but we did not hear any noises with the doors closed. The King Crab suite is next to the Gecko suite and I have to admit I didn't realize it was there until midway through our trip.
The bar and restaurant staff (Monica, Erika, Johny, etc..) were extremely conscientious, and made sure we had what we needed. If they were not around, we could help ourselves (keeping track on your own tab). They really made us feel part of their family. The food was excellent!
I LOVE when there are animals around. Their two dogs and two kittens made my stay here even sweeter.
We did not scuba dive but interacted with the dive staff who seemed extremely knowledgeable.
The snorkeling is excellent. Just off the main pier is left-over concrete parts from an old pier and there is loads of sea life there. Swimming to the reef is only a short swim, and then you are in ocean heaven. The water is warm, and even with the winds picking up in the afternoon, we could still swim out and enjoy the reef.
We highly recommend doing yoga with Roatan Yoga at the Sky Deck (Brooke is an amazing teacher), going ziplining at Gumbalimba Park (interact with Capuchin monkeys and Scarlett Macaws), and trying out the local restaurants at West End (Oasis and Pisco Nasca).
We were content to just enjoy the lodge, do few activities, and talk with the other travelers, Chris (owner), Monica, Erika, Johny Brooke, and of course Fernando. If you get the chance, make sure to speak with Chris about how he build this place, it is quite impressive.
Thank you thank you Tranquilseas for an amazingly relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center? Share your experiences!