“Its Great Here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sandy Bay
Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center
Cahoon Ridge, Sandy Bay 33166, Honduras   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Sandy Bay
South Bend, Indiana
“Its Great Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was our second trip to Tranquil Seas. We had excellent dive instruction and outstanding accomodations. The final day trip to Cayos Cochincos was awesome. This is the way to do diving in Roatan! The dive instructors, Kent and Diane, were both rigorous and patient. One of us was quite apprehensive and she came out of the experience loving diving. If you want to avoid the loud, busy atmosphere at main stream resorts this will be the place for you.

Room Tip: We liked tree frog. The view is great. Some of the other rooms are larger.

336 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

What an amazing tiny resort with so much character. Chris and Monica were extremely nice and helpful. Monica is also the best chef I have ever encountered at a resort. Juan was the most interesting and coolest bartender ever too. He helped us with our Spanish over many drinks. Kent was an awesome dive master. Very knowledgeable and flexible.

If you want a big resort with fancy rooms, an expansive spa, a swim up bar, and tons of people, this is not for you. However, if you want a romantic, unique experience with no screaming kids that you will cherish forever, this is for you. I've never been more sad to leave a vacation...

Thank you to everyone at Tranquil Seas for being so great!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tree Frog and the view was amazing. Basically a tree house.
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Look no more Tranquilseas is the place to stay on Roatan. My family of 5 spent a week here in August 2012 and it was glorious! We stayed in the Octopus and it was the perfect mix of quite, comfortable, clean and rustic - ideal for a beach vacation. Tranquilseas is truly about relaxation, snorkeling and diving. There is decent snorkeling right off the dock and you can swim out to the reef where it is rather remarkable. The ocean is clean and warm and could not be better!
Kent, the dive instructor is terrific. He is safety conscious, perceptive and very knowledgeable about the dive sites and sea life. Diving along the reef is absolutely incredible! So much fun!!
Chris and Monica were wonderful hosts. They check in regularly to make sure all your questions are answered and will take excellent care of you. And, Juan in the bar is a real gem.
I've read that people mentioned sand fleas being a problem. We experienced maybe 2 bites each, however, you don't feel them bite and they don't itch whatsoever. So honestly they are not a problem.
I always research thoroughly before booking lodging and Tranquilseas is the perfect family vacation spot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Don't let my subject line put you off, this place is awesome. However, if you want a traditional hotel experience, keep looking. If you are a savvy traveler and know how to make yourself at home and only need a little guidance along the way, there's no place better than TranquilSeas! We considered a couple other options on the island and after seeing them, we are especially glad to have been at TranquilSeas. The location is ideal. Remote enough, but easily accessible to West End and West Bay. Beautiful, clean, well-kept. And as with any smaller business, the people make all the difference. Chris, Monica, Paul, Alex, Kent, Barry, Juan, Victor, Isabel--I hope I'm not forgetting others (even Scrumpy, P, and Feo) were incredible. They even made my birthday extra special with a TranquilBreezer, amazing paella, and gooey chocolate cake with candle! I really could go on and on about the place, the people, the food, the atmosphere. We did all the requisite traveling around the island and never found a place we loved as much as TranquilSeas. I'll close with a couple of tips: This is probably not a great place for toddlers/little children (lots of stairs) and PLEASE consider bringing school supplies to be donated to schools in need!

Room Tip: View didn't matter to us. If you are in Turtle and you are a light sleeper, keep in mind there w...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I just returned from an amazing week of diving at Tranquilseas. From the start, Chris was incredibly helpful organizing my AOW certification and providing me with an overview of the lodge. It's a beautiful spot situated on Sandy Bay. Monica is a terrific cook and Juan was great at the bar. The family like atmosphere was totally mellow and everyone was kind to remind me that this was "my vacation" and anything I wanted to do the island was easily arranged. Another couple and I rented a car on our last day and, having seen the rest of the island, I wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else. Our dive master, Kent, was extremely knowledgeable and showed off some terrific areas. I'd recommend eating the Baleada every morning, lunches were great, and don't miss Tapas and Tunes on Tuesdays. It brings in people from around the island and is a really chill evening - again, killer food. If you're looking for a spot to go solo or as a couple, this is the place - I stayed in the Eagle Ray cabana and it was perfect. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a week at Tranquilseas and also didnt want to leave - the room was beautiful and clean and the food was great. Thank you to Chris and Monica for making the place so wonderful and our stay so comfortable. Kent was a great dive instructor and very patient especially with us not having dived in 10 years! We really enjoyed the refresher course.
Chris was a mine of information about the island and both he and Monica are very knowledgeable and helpful about places to see and visit.
My highlight was visting the Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum - I was amazed at how many plants and trees there are on the island - some I have never heard of. I got some samples of fruit to try and had a lot of fun later that evening with friends trying the amazing "Mata Sabor" fruit. Amazing experience. Can't wait to come back again one day!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hummingbird room - it had good views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Visalia, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful lodge, delicious food, gracious host and hostess (Chris/Monica), and friendly staff (Isabel, Juan, Kent). Anything that you need, from scuba to zip lines to massages, Monica can arrange it for you. Each room in the five, soon to be seven, suite lodge, is unique with special Roatan island touches. Roatan is reminiscent of Acapulco in the fifties and sixties, before corporate hotels moved in and turned it into a strip of condos and hotels. This was a serene and relaxing vacation in which we were lucky enough to have a wonderful dive instructor, Kent, who introduced us to the breathtaking underwater world. We enjoyed tasty lion fish ceviche that was caught on our dives by Kent and Chris's dad, Paul. Rustic luxury in a secluded setting. Come soon before the developers invade.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center? Share your experiences!