Second time winter vacation there. Last year we did the Maldives but this year we decided to forego a 27 hour trip. The resort is idyllic location wise. The mountain rooms are nice but you really need to book an island bungalow. It doesn't get any better than this! Fabulous sunsets, quiet and comfortable. Plus, the shuttle boat from the island to the mainland resort make it a special experience. It is only about 200 yards away.
We did snorkeling twice a day and the locations and boats were first rate. Plus, all the help were very accommodating.
I only give it 4 stars because of the food. It's just OK. They call it island food but those of us from France find it only so-so. That might change though. They have a new chef who did some cooking in France. The last few meals under his supervision were far better. And, the lobster every Friday night is really fresh and tasty. In fact, on special order, we had the chef cook us a lobster on another night and it was an inexpensive and enjoyable experience.
So, if you're mostly into diving and snorkeling and not into gourmet eating, this is a 5 star experience ( for the price!! ). If you're into good eating, hopefully the new chef will make a difference.
The woman who runs the resort is on the ball. Any complaints and she's on top of them. Well, that's about all I can think of for now. I'll try to include a few photos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the island of Roatan, Anthony's Key Resort is a legendary tropical wonderland where lush greenery rustles in breezy sea air. Pristine beaches rim turquoise waters. And wooden bungalows perched above a tranquil lagoon offer guests incredibly scenic views and a sense of perfect disconnection from everyday life back at home. For over 40 years, this family-run paradise has been home to divers in search of unspoiled waters, and lovers of natural adventure in all its forms.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and T4B so you can book your Anthony's Key Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anthony`s Key Hotel Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Hotel Roatan
- Anthonys Key Resort
- Anthony's Key Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands