“Fun, out of the mainstream, vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Buy 1 Get 1 FREE!
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sandy Bay
Carlisle, Massachusetts
“Fun, out of the mainstream, vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Second time winter vacation there. Last year we did the Maldives but this year we decided to forego a 27 hour trip. The resort is idyllic location wise. The mountain rooms are nice but you really need to book an island bungalow. It doesn't get any better than this! Fabulous sunsets, quiet and comfortable. Plus, the shuttle boat from the island to the mainland resort make it a special experience. It is only about 200 yards away.
We did snorkeling twice a day and the locations and boats were first rate. Plus, all the help were very accommodating.
I only give it 4 stars because of the food. It's just OK. They call it island food but those of us from France find it only so-so. That might change though. They have a new chef who did some cooking in France. The last few meals under his supervision were far better. And, the lobster every Friday night is really fresh and tasty. In fact, on special order, we had the chef cook us a lobster on another night and it was an inexpensive and enjoyable experience.
So, if you're mostly into diving and snorkeling and not into gourmet eating, this is a 5 star experience ( for the price!! ). If you're into good eating, hopefully the new chef will make a difference.
The woman who runs the resort is on the ball. Any complaints and she's on top of them. Well, that's about all I can think of for now. I'll try to include a few photos.

Room Tip: Rooms( actually bungalows on stilts ) on the left side of the island get the sunsets and the ones on...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I went to Roatan with my friend for a week, and we stayed at Anthony's Key. Its a very nice resort. It was clean and the employees were all so very friendly and helpful. We stayed in one of the hillside rooms, and I really enjoyed the scenery and the private feeling. It was also nice because we didn't have the sand fleas like they did on the Key. Our Divemasters for the week were Jeramie and Calderon. They were awesome, taking us to some of the best dive sites and just being very fun and friendly. I liked that we had lockers to keep our dive equipment in when we weren't diving. I would recommend this place!

Room Tip: The rooms on the hillside don't have the sandflea problem like on the Key.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Montréal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We booked a dolphin Dive at Antony's key resort. We did not stay at the resort.

The staff, the rental gear, the boats, the concept are all fabulous!

The experience was well worth it!

I had an HD Camera built-in to my diving googles so we have lots of great pictures to look at.

You learn alot from the trainer about the dolphins.

Even though seeing the dolphin is not garanteed, I guess we were lucky because they played with us almost the whole dive time (about 40 min at 60 feet deep).

Just AWESOME!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Westhampton, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was my third time at Anthonys Key. They gave me a free upgrade from the cheapest room to the most expensive. I rent my scuba gear and it was all brand new. First time I did the dolphin snorkel and it was great! My captain Kenly and dive master Frank where the best ever. I only did 15 dives including 1 night dive and the shark dive. The food was once again excellent and it is not a buffett. I will be back!

Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just came back from a week of diving at Anthony's Key Resort. The place is fabulous. The diving is unbelievable and the food is spectacular. We had Calderon as our divemaster. He knows exactly where to go to see the most underwater life there is. The resort is extremely organized and well run. All the staff are extremely helpful and go out of their way to help out.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

What a great place to enjoy the so many things. Great bungalows overlooking the water, dolphins, fabulous scuba diving opportunities, snorkeling, etc. Dolphins are in a pen but can leave.
I have an ear problem after diving and was quickly taken to the health care center.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I booked this tour through the cruise ship for my daughter & I and it didn't disappoint. Maury, our dolphin is just such a beautiful lady. She let us touch her, she performed beautifully, and even brought seagrass to my daughter. After her show, we were given about 30 min to actually snorkel with 20 dolphins! What an experience when a dolphin is swimming directly at you with their smiley face, or you look off to your side and see 5 dolphins swimming alongside you! A truly magical, thrilling experience! A MUST DO!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Anthony's Key Resort? Share your experiences!