This is the first "diving only" trip we have ever done. I've been thinking about AKR for several years, and this year we finally decided to pull the trigger. Everything about AKR is aimed at making a dive trip easy, and making their guests feel welcome. I had read quite a few reviews, and was a bit concerned about the "rustic cabins". My fears were unfounded. The cabin that we had was beautiful - hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling, and a 15' by 15' deck with his-and-hers hammocks, right on the north shore of Anthony's Key. The grounds are simply breathtaking. The dive shop staff is extremely helpful, and I cannot give enough praise to our divemaster Jeromie and boat captain Jimmy - between the 2 of them, this was the most effortless dive experience I have had. The reef around Roatan will take your breath away. Clear water, abundant sea life and very heathy coral make for a fantastic experience.
The food was not fancy, but it weas extremely good in my book. I loved the soups - everry day was a new type, and I liked all of them.
We willl be back. I wish we hadn't had to leave!
- Also Known As:
- Anthony`s Key Hotel
- Anthony`s Key Hotel Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Hotel
- Anthonys Key Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Hotel Roatan
- Anthonys Key Resort
- Anthony's Key Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 40 years, Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan has been serving up the spirit of adventure with relish while never forgetting comfort or hospitality. Discover what many divers, world travelers, nature lovers and active families have already discovered - great all inclusive value with spectacular diving, exciting dolphin encounters, and more. Designed by nature, our Roatan dive resort combines tranquility and adventure for a winning formula that draws visitors back again and again. ... more less