This is the first "diving only" trip we have ever done. I've been thinking about AKR for several years, and this year we finally decided to pull the trigger. Everything about AKR is aimed at making a dive trip easy, and making their guests feel welcome. I had read quite a few reviews, and was a bit concerned about the "rustic cabins". My fears were unfounded. The cabin that we had was beautiful - hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling, and a 15' by 15' deck with his-and-hers hammocks, right on the north shore of Anthony's Key. The grounds are simply breathtaking. The dive shop staff is extremely helpful, and I cannot give enough praise to our divemaster Jeromie and boat captain Jimmy - between the 2 of them, this was the most effortless dive experience I have had. The reef around Roatan will take your breath away. Clear water, abundant sea life and very heathy coral make for a fantastic experience.
The food was not fancy, but it weas extremely good in my book. I loved the soups - everry day was a new type, and I liked all of them.
We willl be back. I wish we hadn't had to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the island of Roatan, Anthony's Key Resort is a legendary tropical wonderland where lush greenery rustles in breezy sea air. Pristine beaches rim turquoise waters. And wooden bungalows perched above a tranquil lagoon offer guests incredibly scenic views and a sense of perfect disconnection from everyday life back at home. For over 40 years, this family-run paradise has been home to divers in search of unspoiled waters, and lovers of natural adventure in all its forms.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Anthony's Key Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anthony`s Key Hotel Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Hotel Roatan
- Anthonys Key Resort
- Anthony's Key Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands