“Excellent dive shop. Great Value. Super friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 12 Attractions in Sandy Bay
Type: Shops, Adventure
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Excellent dive shop. Great Value. Super friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My partner and I went diving at Octopus dive Center for a week in February. We had a great time and have only the highest praise for the shop. Nuria runs everything and is very organized and very charming. She is one of those people that really brightens your day just by being around her. We did 12 dives in total, including finishing our advanced certification. Again, great small group dives with great staff from the instructors to the boat captain. Sure, the wetsuits are a bit used but the equipment is fully functional and at no time was safety compromised. The overall cost at Octopus dive center is very, very competitive - far cheaper than Anthony's key right next door and you do the same dives! I would highly recommend this dive shop to beginners or advanced divers.

Visited February 2013

Orinda CA
4 attraction reviews
“Fun times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Nice, knowledgable people at this shop. They took a group of us out in pursuit of a whale shark! They could upgrade some wetsuits and fins, but they run a careful, safe operation.

Fairfax, Virginia
“LOVE them!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great value for money! The staff is amazing. Everyone is very nice and positive. I had so much fun with them. They are also very flexible and easy to work with. They even gave me rides to and from the shop--SO nice! Miss this great group of people and the diving is good too :)!

Brooklyn, New York
10 attraction reviews
“Awesome dive shop, great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Just returned from a week in Roatan. My husband did his Open Water cert with Octopus and we can't say enough good things. Many have already been said here. We loved all of the folks here, from Nuria, the owner, to Ava and Dan, the instructors, to Antonio the boat captain. I went along on the boat dives just to snorkel, and they were totally cool about it and told me exactly which area of the reef to head to for best snorkeling. I even had a nice long snorkel with Antonio's 8-year-old son! They are super friendly, knowledgeable, safety-conscious, and you can tell they enjoy the diving and the area. This is not a crowded, cruise-shipper, tourist-packed dive shop. It is a low-key, relaxed, experienced place to dive. Sandy Bay is far enough away from West End to be less crowded, but closest to the best sites with the most sea life. Totally recommend Octopus for either diving or snorkeling in Roatan. Enjoy!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great dive shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I were excited to have Octopus Dive center recommended to us for our PADI open water certification. Its in the perfect location in Sandy Bay, and not overloaded with tourists. This means you get personal attention RIGHT away that is consistent throughout your time with them. We had an amazing experience learning to dive and the dives we went on were beautiful! Overall, I will recommend this place to anyone and everyone who wants to dive in Roatan.

They kept all of their equipment in excellent condition and we felt extremely safe from start to finish. Eva was an extremely patient instructor, and that calmed my nerves right away. We did all of our training in the ocean from day one and that made us feel much more confident about diving. Their pricing was very straightforward and included everything we needed for beginning divers without a bunch of surprise add-on expenses. We can't wait to visit again for some fun dives!

Visited November 2012