“Best of Roatan tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Sandy Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Bodden Tours strives to make your trip to Roatan memorable and unique. There's lots to do, let us create a special tour just for you, featuring a private guide/vehicle for your group on our Best of Roatan Tour, Mayan Jungle Canopy Zip-n-Dip Group Excursion, Offshore Snorkeling or Fishing trip, or simply roundtrip transport to West Bay Beach. Don't forget Victor's Monkey Business...spend up-close time with monkeys, parrots and other island animals!
Lavaca, Arkansas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best of Roatan tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Five of our family members of all different ages went on the tour with Ron. We could not have enjoyed anything more. Ron showed us many local places as well as the iguana farm. He took us to local places to shop, told stories from his island and even had us try the tropical banana drink. I found Bodden tours on trip advisor and I was certainly not disappointed. Thank you Ron!!!!

San Antonio, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Bus trip to West Bay with Bodden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We randomly found Bodden tours at our cruise terminal and they couldn't have been better. The price was fair and the driver, Domingo, and tour guide, Annie, were excellent. We learned so much about Roatan Island, an unexpected surprise. They took us to a great spot on West Bay Beach and stayed with us until we were ready to leave. I highly recommend Bodden Tours to anyone visiting Roatan Island.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Zip N Dip Honduras”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our whole family loved our zip line trip with Victor Bodden. It was our first time ever zip lining, we all had a blast. The guides were fun, helpful, and we felt very secure. Also enjoyed the time with the monkeys, so cute and fun to play with.

We will certainly do the excursion the next cruise we take to Roatan!

Savannah, Georgia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Excellant-safe...must use! Affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Just finished our tour with George....yea for us, yea for George. He was a server on Carnival for 17 yes as and a native to the island. We went fishing, though we only caught a smalll tuna, the Capt really tried to please us and find the fish. We went to see the monkeys at Victors zoo type set up. These animals are native to the island, in the tour you are broken into small groups and taken into as as some of cages. Went to the cameo factory (priced from $20+) mostly +. Went to see iguanas as well...lots and lots of them. Snacks consisted of sodas and water and chips from Hondo...similar to Toms in US. We did not have much time for beach since we fished, so we opted for return to ship. I would completely highly recommend Victors tour. Go, enjoy feel safe and have fun. Remember to bring tip money and some small bills or coins even for those who clean the restrooms.

Atlanta, Georgia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Clearly depends on your guide”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was so pumped for our "Best of" tour based upon the excellent TripAdvisor reviews - but I think the experience must depend completely on your guide. Our guide really was a nice guy (Isaac), but should not necessarily work for the chamber of commerce. He took us to the van which was old with cracked turn signal lights. After a good 20 minutes of Isaac and two other guides trying to figure out how to take the parking brake off, we were off to our first stop - the gas station to get gas. On the way to our second stop, the guide spent some time explaining the low crime rate in Roatan - attributing it to the horrendous conditions in the jail (6 guys to a cell, toilet in the center, can't lay down). The second stop was a scenic view of the island which was pretty. But it was also part of our "shopping spree" which was a tiny little craft village. I am not exaggerating when I say that we felt like if we did not buy something here, the little kids that were there would not eat that night.
After that, we did drive to Victor Bodden's zoo which was the one redeeming point of the excursion. (The guide did point out the jail along the way!) The monkeys were incredibly fun - taking off, then crawling into my hat, hanging all over the four of us. Without this part of the day, I probably would have rated this as terrible. If we had only done this part of the tour, the rating would have been excellent.
After the zoo, we headed to the beach. Again, no exaggeration when I say we pulled up to a chain linked construction site guarded by a man with a machine gun. The guide spoke to him in spanish, but I am pretty certain he was asking him to let us in for one hour for $15 per person, and the armed guard kept shaking his head no. At that point, I looked at my wife, my 17 year old daughter and 14 year old son who each had shocked, scared looks on their faces and told the guide that we thought we would just spend the rest of the day at Mahogany Bay. He offered to try a few more beaches, but we were done.
Honestly, I think with a different guide, it could have been a good tour. But, unless Bodden Tours can assure you of the quality of your guide, I would not recommend the tour.