“Victor Bodden Tour (Roatan, Honduras)” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Sandy Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Bodden Tours strives to make your trip to Roatan memorable and unique. There's lots to do, let us create a special tour just for you, featuring a private guide/vehicle for your group on our Best of Roatan Tour, Mayan Jungle Canopy Zip-n-Dip Group Excursion, Offshore Snorkeling or Fishing trip, or simply roundtrip transport to West Bay Beach. Don't forget Victor's Monkey Business...spend up-close time with monkeys, parrots and other island animals!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Victor Bodden Tour (Roatan, Honduras)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was an AMAZING tour, our couple and another couple went on a private tour around the island in an air conditioned van. Our tour guide was named "Tex" and he was great, he took us wherever we wanted. We went shopping, to a nice beach, and to some other little "secret" spots. Tex spoke great english and spanish and was very friendly. Each couple tipped him $20 and he was very happy for it. Definitely recommend this tour company and ask for "Tex" if you can! Make sure you pay the $5 to see the spider monkeys (like in Hangover 2) and the other cool animals (see pics).

Virginia Beach, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best of Roatan Private Tour - they deliver what they promise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We arrived on the Carnival Legend on 12/20/12 and had hired a vehicle with driver for the Best of Roatan Private Tour. The cost was $30 each for 3 people for as much time as we wanted during the 7 hours we were in port. Tour and taxi companies that don't contract with Carnival are not allowed into the facility in the morning to pick up customers, so either you walk outside the gate (1000'?) or you take a contracted taxi for $2 per person to the place just outside the terminal where all the tour and taxi companies meet you. We opted to pay the $2 and were glad we did. It's not an easy walk if you are older and the taxi driver knew the Bodden driver and got us to just the right place. The vehicle we had was a clean late model minivan with A/C. The Bodden private tour really is entirely up to you. We opted to do mostly what the driver recommended, though we told him how much shopping we wanted to do and what optional stops we wanted. It started with a tour of the local fishing community east of the cruise terminal. Interesting, but if you don't care much about local life, you can skip it. Then he took us to the top of a mountain for a great view if the southwest coast with local vendors at the top. Good open-air shopping and good prices, though rather limited selection and each of the 10 - 12 vendors had similar items. Necklaces, bracelets, souvenire bags, T-shirts, etc. They will bargain with you. Well worth the stop. The west end of the island had the more beautiful views and a couple of very nice beaches we could have taken a dip or sunned if we wanted. Shopping on the west end had much of the same stuff as the mountain top, but higher prices. The highlight of the private tour was the stop of the Victor's Monkey Business - a small zoo where you can go in the enclosures with Capuchin monkeys - not to worry, though, as there are only 2 monkeys in the cage so it is all very tame. They will jump on your shoulder for a peanut and sit there calmly, though one rumaged through my top pocket hoping for a peanut, so secure anything that they might take and scurry out of reach. Everyone who went said it was a highlight. You can also go in a enclosures with parrots and deer. They have other animals, too. $5 per person extra, + tip for the zoo guide. Some people do more shopping than we did and others want to taste local food. They have other optional stops that you can pay for on the private tour and they seem like they would have been fun. My mother went with my wife and I and she uses a walker, which was no problem at all. I recommend Bodden Tours. For those more venturous, Bodden's other tours were popular, too. Having said all this, if your ship is at Mahogany Bay rather than Coxen Hole, the beach facilities at the port are nice and folks who spent the day there enjoyed it, too. Port shopping here was more expensive than most ports, however.

huntsville,al
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Excellent time on Fun and Sun Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Booked the Fun and Sun Tour for my Dec 16th NCL cruise. The operator is easy to find at Coxen hole and operates a booth near the taxi stands, We had Kenny as the driver, he was very good and informative about the area. We never felt rushed with this driver.

First, we were taken around the island and taken to places to take some good photos. After about 1 hour, Kenny took us to the monkey farm, owned by Victor. Decided to not do the monkey experience as they scare me. There is a small shop that offers small gifts and cheap water/sodas and chips for purchase.

Kenny gave us an option to either got to the public beach at West End or pay the $10 for entry to Infinity Bay. We all opted for the private beach since the public beach was to busy. Infinity Bay was wonderful with the reef right off the beach. This was one of the best snorkel stops that I have been too. The reef you can reach without flippers or life vest on. the food and drink were all cheap. Kenny did not rush us and gave us about 3 hours to enjoy the water. At Infinity Bay, they have security who patrol the beach to protect your stuff.

Tallahassee, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ask for Homur for Island Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Very much enjoyed tour with Homur. . ..Off the boat, we walked up a hill and looked down on the beautiful Island Roatan land scape. We admit being a little apprehensive given our first time to the island. There is real potential for investment here. . .

We highly recommend Homur who was very careful to show us around the island as we took numerous photos with my wife. I felt like Homur was a family member after we left. We recommend spending the AM taking photos of the island with Homur, snorkeling with Boden, and reserve 2 hours to go walk down the steps to the beach, exquisite.

Willoughby, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Roatan PrivateTour Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My sister and I booked with Victor Bodden on the internet. I decided that the private vehicle was the perfect tour for us as I was pretty tired of cruise line tours and being herded like cattle. I specified with Victor thru several emails what my sister and I wanted to do. We chose the beach, shopping, a little siteseeing and the cameo factory; along with lunch at a restaurant of our choice. Our driver, Kayla, was very knowledgeable and pleasant and took us wherever we wanted to go. She took us to a beautiful beach, not crowded, and we spent some time there, then on to some shopping areas that you wouldn't find on your own with some interesting and unique souveniers. We asked her to take us to a local restaurant which she did, a beautiful outdoor restauarant on the water with wonderful food and quick service. She then took us to the West End area so that we could see if we wanted to go there perhaps next visit. I'm glad we didn't chose it because it was very, very crowded and a little too touristy for me. We stopped at Victor's and went thru the m Monkey display - knowledgeable guide and fun to hold the monkeys and see the other wildlife they have there. Then it was on to the cameo factory which is actually more like a jewelry store of cameos, but lovely things with great workmanship. By this time we were ready to return to the ship, but we could gone anywhere else we wanted as we had our guide for the whole day. This only cost $40 each and is a great bargain. Those who posted poor reviews for Victor Bodden tours probably did not plan their tour correctly and chose the "Best of Roatan" when they should have booked a private guide. I would and will book with Victor Bodden tours whenever they have an office where I am cruising. Thanks again Victor and Kayla, best tour even (and I;ve cruised 22 times).

Visited November 2012