“Rating Konrad—not his guesthouse” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flowers Bay Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flowers Bay
Flowers Bay Guesthouse
You added Flowers Bay Guesthouse to your Saves list
end of paved Road going to old Methodist Church | Condorito Divecenter & Bungalows, Flowers Bay, Honduras   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Flowers Bay B&B and Inns
Kalamazoo
“Rating Konrad—not his guesthouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I enjoyed a full-day excursion with Konrad Peter on Mardi Gras, 2012. We touring the northeast area of Ro, took a boat ride through the mangrove canals, went on a shoreline nature walk, and snorkeling off the remote island of St. Helena. Snorkeling on this side of the island is very different from the more popular West Bay, as the water is rougher and the undulating coral formations are much more majestic. I swam with an Eagle Ray that had a 4-foot wing span. Then we motored back and ate lunch at the Asylum restaurant which is situated at the end of a 40-ft dock on Camp Bay Beach. Konrad called ahead to reserve an order of the day's fresh catch: red snapper with sautéed plantains. Everything was ready when we disembarked from our skiff. Diving is certainly his first love, but Konrad is the person to call when you want a customized excursion on the land or the sea. Cheers!

Room Tip: We did not stay at the guesthouse.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We stayed at Lands End, but the owner of our place recommended Konrad as an instructor. I'm a certified Rescue diver but my boyfriend had only ever done a "try dive" in a pool. Konrad picked us up at our place and drove us back to his B&B for the lesson. This was a great chance to pick Konrad's brain, and we got to ask a lot of questions about living in Roatan as he has been there for 13 years. Some interesting stories for sure!

My boyfriend decided to do the Discover Scuba course (about 4 hours, $90), which included a DVD, lesson, short exam and an open water dive. This can be used as a credit towards his open water certification.

Konrad is full of personality and a patient teacher! He walked my boyfriend through setting all his gear up and explained how everything worked together. He had really good quality equipment, nothing was outdated. We then went down the road to Flowers bay for a shore dive. It was a little bit murky when we first stepped in, but got better as we swam out. Konrad ran my boyfriend through the basic skills underwater and then we were off! It was a great dive and I appreciated how much attention and care Konrad showed my boyfriend. I knew we were in good hands.

We went for lunch afterwards at Arthuros, a place Konrad frequents. It was one guy running a restaurant out of his house (?). I had the burger - amazing! We hung out, talked about we were from and called it a day about 4pm.

We called Konrad to do a second dive, this time we wanted to do a boat dive. We went out with Octopus Divers in Sandy bay, who were also really friendly. I preferred this dive as we got to see sea turtles! Again, Konrad kept a constant eye on my boyfriend and was very attentive. He was a great guide and I would recommend him to beginners as well!

anchorage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently vacationed in Roatan. While we did not stay at the B and B, we did tour the facility, and were impressed. I would recommend Flowers Bay and would stay there on future visits. Unfortunately, we did not meet Condrito until the last day of our vacation.

We did, however, do a shark dive with Condorito. I would highly recommend Koni. I am a fairly new diver. I was impressed with Koni's patience and skill in leading the dive. At no time did I feel uncomfortable and I was thoroughly satisfied with the entire experience. Unlike the all inclusive resorts, our dive group consisted of very few divers (3 dive masters to 5 divers). Therefore, the experience was relaxing and enjoyable.

After the dive, we toured Koni’s facility and had lunch. The dive equipment is kept in immaculate condition and the guesthouse is very comfortable. Koni is well liked on the island and is knowledgeable of all activities on Roatan. If in Roatan, don't dive with anyone but Condorito!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

The owner koni is a swiss guy who's living the dream! He lives in Roatan 6 months every year and runs his Guesthouse and dive shop. Arriving new to the island I didn't know anything about it really.when I was recommended this dive shop for my open water certification I didn't need to think twice! I had a great one on one class (sometimes even two on one, when another divemasters came along:)) I never thought about diving but after the course I just couldn't think about anything else and continued throu to divemaster - thank you koni for making my first course so wonderful!

Another great thing about doing courses with condorito is that he provides you with all the course material. And what I also really liked is that he gave me alot of insider knowledge about the island! Great place and if you want to see something else apart from westend for a change, this is the place to go.

• Stayed April 2011
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

condorito dive shop and flowers bay guesthouse its one of the best options to stay at roatan, good service hot water beautiful and hide spot,, if your looking for relaxing and fun definivitamente this is the best place,,,and of course condorito owner its the best man to know,, he knows all the island and the very beautiful places for diving, hiking swiming and eat,,plus he manage 5 lenguages,,for mi expirience and for many expirience of other people this is a great spot to stay,,

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Its a very nice, relaxing and cosy place. The accommodations, house and living area are clean - pure Swiss cleanness ;O))
Koni (the boss of the house!) is such a friendly and helpful person with any inquiry coming up. No matter if its about snorkeling, diving, the island itself or to recommend a delicious place to eat.
It's a perfect place for independent travelers as there is no mass travel group bookings, but just adventurous travelers.
The house reef is nice and just a 2 minute walk away from the house. The equipment is immaculate and the diving guide is experienced.
I would definitely visit CONDORITO again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I've been there the first time in 2009, alone, and it was great! So i decided to go to Roatan again with my girlfriend from Feb. till March 2011. We had a greaaaaat stay at Condoritos Guesthouse! So, if you ever go to Roatan and are looking for an authentic envoirement... Go to Condorito's!
I also had my second dive there and I felt really really save! Sure I will check in again! Cheers and thanx for the great time!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Flowers Bay Guesthouse? Share your experiences!