“Absolutely Excellent Excursion” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 attractions in Coxen Hole
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Whether you're into adventure, or relaxation, travelling with small children, or in a large group, Roatan Sun Splash will customize the ideal itinerary for you! Offering worry-free excursions, personal attention, safe on time service, and responsible local staff who go above and beyond to ensure clients leave with happy memories of paradise. Offering an extensive selection of excursion options; Snorkelling - Family Fun Day – Private Beach Pkg - 5* Padi Scuba Diving - Island Tours & more! Book with Roatan Sun Splash and see for yourself why they are a five star rated, 2013 certificate of excellence recipient!
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Absolutely Excellent Excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We feel so lucky to have discovered Sunsplash Tours in Roatan. We love an Island experience and we got it. James and Lincoln were so friendly and informative on our ride to the Mangrove Tunnels. We felt like old friends. Charles took us through the tunnels and it was such a great experience. Pretty wild to be out on that boat on the ocean riding through canals the priates made. We were able to experience the life of the fishing village and view the mansions on top of the hills. Climbing the mango roots was the best. Great pictures. Then we stopped at a local village and were able to taste, ok, drink, local beer and rum. Then onto the resort life. Parrott Tree is a paradise. I can't tell you how much we enjoyed this day and James company. He is awesome. We're glad we spent our day seeing this beautiful island instead of staying in one place. We got the total experience. And I have to say THANKS to Steph for her quick response to my inquiry. She responded to my email and answered all my questions. Made me feel so comfortable to deal with her and Sun Splash. Thanks to all of you. WE WILL BE BACK and we will use Sun Splash Tours. Highly Recommend!!!

Visited October 2012
JCWoods, Owner at Roatan Sun Splash Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Hey guys, thanks for the great pics and review!
I am expecting to see you all again one day soon we have more adventures for you. Not to mention the Giffi-tea is waiting... hahaha! Take care, and thanks again for your kind words.
-Woods

“Best vacation ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from Roatan. It was a great vacation and action packed, thanks to Roatan Sun Splash. James took us on several adventures off the tourist path.
We had a great time. Lunch in a palapa bar over the sea. Ziplining, snorkeling. What a great time. I highly recommend using Sun Splash if you are planning to visit Roatan for a day or a week.

JCWoods, General Manager at Roatan Sun Splash Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
We had a great time getting to know you and become fast friends. We are looking forward to sharing our beautiful island with you, when you come back in spring for your land vacation! Take care and we look forward to seeing you in March.
Steph
Bunn, NC
“Loved Roatan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We just took a Carnival cruise to Roatan. We book our tour through Stephanie at Sun Splash Tours and we had a great time. James was very patient with our group of 10- and made suggestions that the (5) kids loved. He took us all the places we wanted to go and we had a great experience. Only complaint- having to leave. Roatan was one of the high-lights of our trip and we are already looking to go back. We would definately book w/ Stephanie and James again. Loved our Roatan Experience.

Visited September 2012
JCWoods, Owner at Roatan Sun Splash Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Hi friends, thanks for taking the time to post your day with us! The pictures are great, thanks for sharing, you can see their 'monkey' excitement! you might have to come back just for another visit to the monkeys. Glad everyone enjoyed their stay and when you're ready to come back to visit, do let us know!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fun at First Bight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stephanie and James were so much more than tour guides; they took a personal interest in my family while visiting Roatan. From touring the island, going to the Monkey petting zoo, Parrot Tree Resort, and to the best spots on the Island to eat, they were there for us. They prepared us dinner, and hung out with us for the evening just like family... and by the way...it was DELICIOUS!

James and Stephanie are more than Sun Splash Tours, they are down to earth, fun and exciting people. From the history of the island to sharing many of the island fruits with us, they extended themselves in a way that makes me want to revisit them, as well as the island.

Thanks Stephanie and James for a wonderful time.

Visited August 2012
JCWoods, Owner at Roatan Sun Splash Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Greetings to the Pharr family!
Thank you for your kind words, we had a wonderful time with your family.
We can't wait to see you in paradise again SOON!!
Arlington, Virginia
“Beautiful Island! Great Ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Based off prior reviews I booked a horseback riding tour with Steph and James at Sun Splash. Steph was very responsive on email. I was there on a cruise and picked Roatan as the island that I wanted to book a horseback ride on. I am a somewhat experienced rider but the others that I was traveling with are not. Steph was able to assure that I could get the ride I wanted in while the others would be comfortable on horses more trained for slower pace. First, when the ship docked in Roatan I felt I had woken up to paradise. Carnival has a nice set up on the island. We knew we had to exit the port to find Sun Splash. Keep in mind it's a slight walk up and down a hill (there aren't any signs so you are on your own to figure it out). Carnival does not allow them into the port area unless it is booked through Carnival. They have a guard at the end and then you can see a dozen or so people hovering at the end waiting to either pick people up or sell them a tour. James was there to meet us and he quickly got us into the air conditioned car. He was super friendly and knowledgeable as we grilled him with questions about the amazing island :) We then drove around the island and took in the sights before we reached the stable. From there we met our guide and decided to take our ride on the beach. We had to ride on the road to get there but the horses were all used to the cars driving by. I felt comfortable. Our guide was great too and talked about his life on the island. After our ride we had time before we had to head back to the ship. James took us to this great little restaurant that I believe was in half moon bay. It was a great treat after the ride. The restaurant was over the water, had a great breeze and great cocktails! Overall we had a great trip and it was a treat to get to see some of the beautiful island. We had plenty of time to get back and do some shopping too.

Visited August 2012