“Best PiñaColadas EVER!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dos Mundos Pacifico

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monte Rico
Dos Mundos Pacifico
You added Dos Mundos Pacifico to your Saves list
8901 Monterrico Rd, Monte Rico, Guatemala   |
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Best PiñaColadas EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

So, I stayed here for my sister's bachelorette ''party'' and it was great, it's quiet, private beach front and great service. The room was really nice, the food was great as well! it's a bit overpriced but in comparison to the other hotels i've stayed at in Monterrico this one is by far the best. The infinity pool is great and just the feel of the whole place is really nice. This is a place to go with friends for a relaxing vacation, not like the busy center in Monterrico.
I've gone back, but not to stay, but only for the Piña Coladas! I am not kidding when I say I they are the best! The literally empty a pineapple and make the piña colada in it with fresh pineapple!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

this is very small resort only 14 cabanas so at most you will see 50 guest . when we group of 16 were their they only had 3 more rooms beside our 5 occupied ,, pool with a perfect view of pacific -bar right their 2.5 -3 bucks a beer.BTW room rate was just under 100usd including nice breakfast -for 2 +1 child.restaurant clean food good,nice staff - very little english-same at the bar and front desk .. free wifi but slow.. for Guatemalan standards awesome over all,, area close by like town or beach pass the resort -will not go alone ,and after dark.. O! my brother had a live scorpion in the shower-have pics to prove it -screamed like a little girl!@!@ ocean was not for small kids current will drag them to sea.. but super worm cheers!

Room Tip: all are different all have nice patio,and tons of mosquitos -but pass 10 pm they just fly away...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
San Salvador, El Salvador
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Our family stayed here for one night. I did not let the kids very close to the water due to the warnings I had read in regards to the strong currents. The infinity pool was very nice and the kiddie pool was also a hit with the kids. Outside the pool and restaurant there is really nothing to do at this hotel. The staff was not very helpful in suggesting activities for us and overall were pretty cold. The highlight of this trip was driving to the lagunas of Monterico and taking our truck on one of the pontoon ferries through the lagoons.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We spent three nights here in December and it was perfect. The rooms are huge, the staff is friendly, the grounds are beautiful and the pool is picturesque. The porches for each room with the hammock is a perfect space to relax in privacy and get some shade. We don't have kids, but it is a very kid friendly place, with a kiddo pool separated from the bigger infinity pool. We loved it!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

This Hotel is amazing! Located away from the Center of Monterrico, you can swim in the pool, the sea and have a wonderful time! The rooms are big and all have a terrace in the front. The gardens are magnificent! The view to the ocean is just perfect!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Let me preface my review by saying that I was VERY excited to see the Pacific Ocean for the first time. The view from Dos Mundos was exactly what I was hoping for.

I enjoyed the restaurant and the drinks from the poolside bar (who WOULDN'T be happy when handed a full pineapple filled with pina colada?). The pool, beach, and our bungalow right by the pool were very clean.

My favorite part was the pool by the beach. The room was large but kinda bare, but it didn't really matter because we spent all of our time on the beach and by the pool.

Anyone who got us drinks or food was very pleasant, and a few had incredibly good English (and French as I later heard).

the place itself was very pretty but walk just outside the hotel area and you see it was flanked on either side by empty, garbage filled lots. Certainly not the hotel's fault, and they did an excellent job creating a nice, clean, tranquil space for their guests, but still detracted from the experience a little bit.

The bugs were pretty bad the second the sun went down. The staff did their best to keep them at bay - using incense and repellents of varying sorts. It definitely helped, but the bugs were merciless when attacking my poor husband. We had to eat dinner early and head to bed early as a result.

Overall, I was very happy with Dos Mundos and would recommend it as one of the nicest accommodations in the area; best for couples, families, and groups of friends.

Room Tip: our bungalow was right by the main pool, which was great!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stayed at Dos Mundos with my boyfriend fro a weekend on April of this year, and I must say I wasnt impressed. It was extremely corporate, and lacked the personal attention. It wasnt what I expected from a beach resort/hotel. The whole weekend, they had young people drinking at the pool side, and making way too much noise. We were expecting a rather relaxing weekend with a more mature environment, I felt as if I was on spring break in cancun. It looks impressive from the outside, and on pictures, but I wouldnt go back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Dos Mundos Pacifico? Share your experiences!