“Wonderful, restful stay at the Biriwa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Biriwa Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Coast
Biriwa Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Wineba/Cape Coast Road, Cape Coast, Ghana   |
Ranked #1 of 18 Cape Coast B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Wonderful, restful stay at the Biriwa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Biriwa Beach Hotel for 5 nights while visiting Cape Coast for work. It was such a relaxing place to stay... Beautiful pool overlooking the ocean, large and very clean rooms, and a lovely little area to sit outside your room, under the shade of some lovely trees.

The hotel arranged for a driver (Kofi) to meet me at Accra airport when I arrived and take me back again at the end of my stay. My flight was delayed on the way there, so I didn't end up getting out of the airport until 23h00 or so... but the driver was right there waiting for me, and got me safe and sound to the hotel. Much appreciated!

The restaurant is also good - I stuck with the basics, but they were all very tasty and the servings were plentiful. It does take some time to be served, but service was certainly no more slow than it was at other restaurants I ate at in Cape Coast. The restaurant staff are very nice and friendly.

The only con I would say are that there were some students from a local school that came and sat by the pool every day, listened to their music loudly, and were quite obnoxious. It is difficult for a hotel to control this, but I felt like they should have said something since the kids were not hotel guests (they would just order drinks from the restaurant).

Will definitely stay at Biriwa on my next trip to Ghana!

Room Tip: I had room 107 for $60 per night - it was listed as one of the rooms that didn't have a view of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

A pearl on the Ghanian west coast, fantastic for calm days and recreation. We had a fantastic week there, really enjoing the place.

The staff is like night and day. Some very good, some useless and in sad mood all the time. This should be sorted out at such a proud place with long traditions! I wish good luck to Claudia, the owner - she is excellent!

The resort needs some renovation within some years, and hopefully this will be done.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at Biriwa Beach in December, 2012. The hotel is absolutely beautiful with manicured gardens, lovely rooms and a stunning pool overlooking the beach on two sides. The accommodation is comfortable, clean and well cared-for and the staff is friendly and helpful. The restaurant is lovely and everything we ordered exceeded expectations.

Thank you, Claudia!

Room Tip: 101 has beach views on 3 sides, but they're all lovely!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cotonou, Benin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is located on a hilltop with beautiful views over the sea and surrounding vegetation. The place is well maintained and the terraces next to the room are shed by big trees and are excellent for reading a book and relaxing. There is a new big, round pool which was clean and cool.
The room we were offered had windows on only one side and was rather dark. Inside it looked a little bit dated, but everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The shower had high water pressure!
A good place to go to the beach is the close by Anomabo beach hotel. You will need to pay for the use of their services, but the sea is very calm and shallow and it is excellent for swimming and body boarding.

Room Tip: ask for rooms 105 or 106, these have windows on 2 or 3 sides. 103 and 104 have windows one side only...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I with her brother stayed for four nights in late November. The hotel situation is delightful with great views of the beach and ocean in a very peaceful setting. If you want the best room ask for 101 with views on three sides. The accommodation was very good with excellent air conditioning and a good shower. Swimming in the pool early morning and in the evening was delightful.
The food was good though it did take some time to arrive. The owner was very friendly but we did think that at times the boundary between family and staff was a little blurred.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 101
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited for a week in October 2012 and enjoyed a very relaxing and wonderful holiday. The hotel occupies a beautiful part of the world with stunning views of the unspoilt beach and ocean which is just a few minutes walk from the hotel. As soon as we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the owner, Claudia, and some of her staff who continued to really look after us throughout the week - nothing was too much trouble. We stayed in room 101 with all the mod cons you would expect and with views to the beach and ocean that were simply stunning. We also spent many relaxing hours in the hotel pool whilst spending most nights either sitting in the hotel restaurant and bar (the ocean terrace) enjoying the food and drinks or walking along the beach and making the most of the beautiful and very peaceful surroundings. This was one of the best holidays we have been on and we will definately be returning!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
West Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

As a culmination to our two week holiday in Ghana, my friends and I had booked 4 nights at the Biriwa. Well, congratulations Claudia, you must feel so proud of your hotel and its staff. As we had experienced several hotels in Ghana during our holiday, we were ready to accept that standards were not as expected at home. The Biriwa was brilliant! Spacious, spotlessly clean rooms and magnificent food. The location of the hotel is idyllic and it is reasonably priced. Should I ever have the chance to visit Cape Coast in the future, this is the only place I would stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Biriwa Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!