I stayed in a commune room very spacious and comfortable.
The room was quite clean, well designed and with hot water, which comes useful during the dry (cool) season.
I had problems with the owner from the beginning:
1) He uses an internet based reservation system with one-night credit card deposit. When I arrived there, he wasn't expecting me. My reservation was lost.
2) I made on February a reservation for a bungalow named "Fare Manu", which is described on the web site in this way: "'This bungalow offers community-style accomodation whilst also being ideal for groups." Since I'm a lonely traveller, I decided to stay here at the "Individual rate 5,000cfp p/person per night" for two nights. My credit card was billed for 10,000cfp, even if on the website a statement says that one-night deposit is needed.
3) When there, it came out that the bungalow don't offer a community-style accommodation. That is, I reserved the whole bungalow for myself alone without being acquainted with it. Actually no, as my reservation was lost. It took an hour before I got a bed in another shared bungalow.
4) I saw on the leaftlet at the reception the price for a bed in the new bungalow, and it stated: 2500cfp per night. Mark presented me a bill of 10000cfp, because the price on the leaflet was old and wrong, while on the Internet it was right.
5) Remembering my deposit of 10000cfp, I thought I had to pay just some small extras. But Mark told me that it wasn't true, sine he didn't find any receipt of my payment, and I had to pay at the moment. I tried to use his PC to connect to my bank to show a proof of the payment, but after 20 minutes of waiting for the awakening of the PC, I had to run to the boat. I payed my bill - again.
6) On the following days I connected to the internet and found the receipt of my first payment. I called Mark giving the details, and he promised that he would have checked with the bank and reimbursed if the payment was confirmed. No news since then.
I understand that if an employee leaves her job and you are in a mess, such things could happen. But there's no excuse to keep a double payment. And I'm not sure I should trust him anymore. Maybe he didn't acted honestly also on the other points.
I regret I didn't pay too much attention to negative comments on this website.
- Also Known As:
- Marks Place Moorea French Polynesia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If your looking for a place to relax and enjoy the beauty of Moorea we have the Bungalow accommodation to meet your every need. Our accommodation and environment is perfectly suited to families, groups, couples or individuals.Currently there are seven individual private bungalows spread over a 4 acre property. Each bungalow is completely unique and has everything you need for a comfortable stay (Full kitchens, attached bathroom, hot showers, Satellite TV, wifi, and so much more). If you don't have a computer than use our high speed desk to in the attached computer room.We are 200 metres back from the coastal road. The inner lagoon and reef is accessible by kayak at the end of our drive way. The nearest bathing beach(Panapo or Pineapple beach) is 4km away, 7 minutes by car or scooter, 15 minutes by push bike. This is a wonderful white sand beach that offers great swimming and snorkeling, a restaurant overlooking the beach, chairs, toilets, showers and shade all available for your use. 'Marks Place' does free delivery to Pineapple beach and then you can walk back along the beach after an enjoyable day swimming and snorkeling.Most of the surf breaks on Moorea are on the passes. The passes are breaks in the outer reef that surrounds the island. The break in front of Marks(Haapiti) is about 1km from shore. Its a very consistent break and can handle some size. It works on south swell generated from depressions that go under New Zealand. When the swell maxes Haapiti out go round to Taeme which works of big south swells that wrap round the island. See the activity/surf page for more detail.The closest sit down restaurant is a Pizza parlour 15 minutes away by push bike. A number of other restaurants are a 20 min car or scooter drive away. There is a small Magasin(Super Market) 5 minutes away by push bike with all the daily staples available, baguette, milk, fruit and vegetables etc. Mark has an arrangement with the local Pizzeria and Restaurants offering free pickup and delivery on request.We have long-standing experience accommodating and attending to the needs of our clients. We continue to build extensively, while taking into account the requirements of both traveling individuals and families seeking budget accommodation at competitive prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Marks Place Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.