What a wonderful relaxing holiday we had here at the Sofitel Moorea.
It was nice to be welcomed with cool pineapple juice, refreshing towellette and a flower lei on arrival whilst we listen to Hugues from reception introducing us to the resort.
As we were a little early we found a nice drink and some lunch at the bar whilst taking the view of Tahiti on the horizon.
Our overwater bungalow 216 was nice and cool when we got there and our bag had already magically arrived in th room. Our room was well stocked with a great selection from the minibar and complementary water as well as an espresso machine. But the best part of the room was the fantastic snorkelling with many many coloured fish in the clear water. They were also pretty friendly- accepting bits of bread smuggled from morning breakfast. It was a lovely experience to be able to snorkel amongst bright coral in such clear water. Bring suncreen- I dont normally burn but time passes quickly when there is lots to see in the cool lagoon water. We jumped into the water at least 2-3 times per day.
We had no trouble with mosquitos and most days we found the fan and open sliding doors to the lagoon enough to keep cool.
Regarding the food, I was a little worried that the food would be awful considering some of the reviews here in trip advisor. We had a half-board pre-paid option taking in breakfast and dinner. We found the buffet varied and offered plenty of fresh options each evening. I can understand that breakfast could be a little repeatative for some but we found the breakfast options to be plentiful. We did not eat outside of the resort, choosing instead to enjoy a light lunch of some fruit on our balcony.
The service at the hotel was warm and friendly and efficient despite what I have read from other reviews. We are from NZ and unfortunately have little French and even less Tahitian but we had no issues with communication. Our main interaction was with the bar and restaurant staff. Thank you for Edna, Mirielle, Marissa, Thomas, Guilliame and the chef at the omelette station with his little helper... you have helped make our stay memorable.
As the aim of our holiday was purely relaxation we only booked in to the circle island tour and visited the Moorea Lagoonarium. Am saving the diving and snorkelling tours for the next visit.
We hope to come back again soon. Mauruuru!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort French Polynesia