We just got back from staying at the Sofitel in Moorea. We stayed there for 4 days at the Luxury Over the water bungalow. Have not been to the French Polynesian islands before and not doing our own homeowork, we listened to our travel agent and stayed at the Sofitel in Moorea. We should of gone to the Four Seasons or St Regis in Bora Bora. We used to live in Paris and have stayed at the Sofitel hotel throughout Europe (Rome, etc.) We loved Sofitel hotel but for some reasons this particular Sofitel in Moorea did not live up to our expectations. The landscaping throughtout the resort are not kept up, it looks quite run down especially near the lobby where you are checking in. (First impression is very important). I am a fitness fanatic so when I travel I always use the fitness center at the hotel. This particular hotel have no fitness center, they have a perfect view of the ocean that they can create an awsome fitness center for guests to enjoy...(but this was overlooked and did not have this accommodation.)
The pool area is small and boring not much to brag about. Basic pool with some local kids swimming in it, not very serene. There is no one working at the pool area, you wait for ten minutes to have some staff from the bar area come out to give you 2 towels. Patio furniture cushion is quite worn down. There is no wow factor at the pool area in a nice resort like this.
Food at the restaurant is very average. We have stayed at so many hotels and enjoyed the daily breakfasts. At this hotel they serve EXACTLY the same food at breakfast EVERYDAY !!!! They have these young kids doing internship at the hotel, these kids are making eggs for you.
I asked for a basic ham & cheese omelet and they told me there is no ham, only cheese. Quite strange as I expected a chef to provide a lavish breakfast buffet. There are not much selections to choose from, they give you a basket of 1 croissant, 1 small pain au chocolat, 1 small pain au raisin .... you don't have a luxury of choosing your own pastries and not much variety of anything... This is the worst hotel for breakfast selections. As a guest of the hotel, not having your own transportation you are stuck and pretty much dine in at the hotel. For dinner, you dine in the same restaurant, the lunch/dinner menu is EXACLY the same each day. There are no specials of the day to choose from. It gets to be so boring eating there day after day.... Quite disappointing in the food as we have lived in Paris and tasted real French food.
Wish I did not listen to my travel agent and should of book at the Four Seasons or St Regis in Bora Bora. If you are going to spend your money, spend it in Bora Bora at a real five star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort French Polynesia