I would like to start with the positive:
One of the most beautiful locations I have ever visited. We stayed in an over water bungalo and just marveled at the beauty. Exotic coral and fish everywhere! Great snorkeling.
Delicious food. We never had a bad meal and thought the food was delicious.
Lovely Swiss gal in consierge arranged 2 dinners outside of resort for us and made it easy.
That being said:
I have never been around so many small children in my life! Family central! Familes with children mostly under the age of 10! In the only pool all day long. Screaming and crying loud and noisy. Not very romantic.
I found the staff to be OK. Not too friendly and conveniently unable to speak English for everything except when there was a problem with a bill then they miraculously could speak perfect English. One gal in excursions was down right rude.The young man at reception seemed so miserable, and one female server snapped at my husband when he asked for a glass of wine. There were some lovely staff don't get me wrong but we had some bad interactions.
The rooms had no hair conditioner! I could not believe it! And the store did not sell it. We can only travel with 3oz liquids.....we need conditioner!
I found the cleaning to be fair. Dirty plates and dishes would remain in our room for over 24 hours. I also thought the glasses weren't all that clean.
The bathrooms near the restaurant needed updating ,soap and toilet paper!
No one went over the room with us and it took days to figure it all out.When we first arrived after traveling 20 hours reception did not even say hello and ushered us into their makeshift lobby/activity center. The young gal helping seemed overwhelmed and asked us to please wait for this family with young children to settle and once they did she would then deal with us. Not welcoming.
If you are a family with young children you will love this place. If you are looking for romance and top notch service go elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel
- Sofitel Moorea
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort French Polynesia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is settled on the edge of a magnificent lagoon, with views over the island of Tahiti. The resort, renovated in the late 2000's, features 114 luxurious bungalows built over the water, on the beachfront or surrounded by landscapedgardens. Facilities include two excellent restaurants, a bar, a fabulous outdoor swimming pool and day spa. Moorea has one of the worlds most beautiful beaches and a variety of motorized and non-motorized water activities can be arranged for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.