I would like to start with the positive:
One of the most beautiful locations I have ever visited. We stayed in an over water bungalo and just marveled at the beauty. Exotic coral and fish everywhere! Great snorkeling.
Delicious food. We never had a bad meal and thought the food was delicious.
Lovely Swiss gal in consierge arranged 2 dinners outside of resort for us and made it easy.
That being said:
I have never been around so many small children in my life! Family central! Familes with children mostly under the age of 10! In the only pool all day long. Screaming and crying loud and noisy. Not very romantic.
I found the staff to be OK. Not too friendly and conveniently unable to speak English for everything except when there was a problem with a bill then they miraculously could speak perfect English. One gal in excursions was down right rude.The young man at reception seemed so miserable, and one female server snapped at my husband when he asked for a glass of wine. There were some lovely staff don't get me wrong but we had some bad interactions.
The rooms had no hair conditioner! I could not believe it! And the store did not sell it. We can only travel with 3oz liquids.....we need conditioner!
I found the cleaning to be fair. Dirty plates and dishes would remain in our room for over 24 hours. I also thought the glasses weren't all that clean.
The bathrooms near the restaurant needed updating ,soap and toilet paper!
No one went over the room with us and it took days to figure it all out.When we first arrived after traveling 20 hours reception did not even say hello and ushered us into their makeshift lobby/activity center. The young gal helping seemed overwhelmed and asked us to please wait for this family with young children to settle and once they did she would then deal with us. Not welcoming.
If you are a family with young children you will love this place. If you are looking for romance and top notch service go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort French Polynesia