My husband and I stayed 3 nights here on our honeymoon. Moorea is a lovely island and a great stop before Bora Bora - it has great snorkeling (more coral) and is bigger so you can rent a car/scooter and drive around to see the island. When we first arrived the door to our hut was broken - after spending over an hour waiting for someone to fix it, I went to the front desk and asked if there was something they could do - possibly, move us to another room. They told me the door would be fixed soon...but another hour went by and I was plain fed up. It was the first day of our honeymoon - we wanted to be by the water not waiting at our hut (since we weren't comfortable leaving our things unattended/unlocked. In hindsight, they probably would have been fine...but it was our first day and we didn't know any better). Finally, I went back to the front desk and pretty much demanded they provide as another room...and that we'd even be willing to pay more for an upgrade if they didn't have a similiar hut available. They ended up offering us an upgrade at no change, which worked out well. Although this door issue ate up 3+ hours of our first day, we were upgraded to an overwater bungalow...so we couldn't really complain. It had a gorgeous view and snorkeling was fantastic right off the porch. Overall, we loved this island and it was the perfect stop before Bora Bora - but this hotel didn't impress us with food. The 2 things I did love though - the AMAZING chocolate croissants and fantastic fresh press coffee. We bought a french press when we got home - just to remind us of our breakfasts in Moorea.
From what I heard, it is one of the nicer hotels on Moorea. We stopped by the Hilton - which was nice - but it had a small beach. In comparison, Sofitel has a nice long beach - I ran down it almost every morning. So, in terms of what's on Moorea, it's a nice spot. I recommend staying here before Bora Bora - we went to the Four Seasons Bora Bora after and that blew us away.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel
- Sofitel Moorea
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort French Polynesia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is settled on the edge of a magnificent lagoon, with views over the island of Tahiti. The resort, renovated in the late 2000's, features 114 luxurious bungalows built over the water, on the beachfront or surrounded by landscapedgardens. Facilities include two excellent restaurants, a bar, a fabulous outdoor swimming pool and day spa. Moorea has one of the worlds most beautiful beaches and a variety of motorized and non-motorized water activities can be arranged for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Otel, Olotels, Venere, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.