My husband and I stayed 3 nights here on our honeymoon. Moorea is a lovely island and a great stop before Bora Bora - it has great snorkeling (more coral) and is bigger so you can rent a car/scooter and drive around to see the island. When we first arrived the door to our hut was broken - after spending over an hour waiting for someone to fix it, I went to the front desk and asked if there was something they could do - possibly, move us to another room. They told me the door would be fixed soon...but another hour went by and I was plain fed up. It was the first day of our honeymoon - we wanted to be by the water not waiting at our hut (since we weren't comfortable leaving our things unattended/unlocked. In hindsight, they probably would have been fine...but it was our first day and we didn't know any better). Finally, I went back to the front desk and pretty much demanded they provide as another room...and that we'd even be willing to pay more for an upgrade if they didn't have a similiar hut available. They ended up offering us an upgrade at no change, which worked out well. Although this door issue ate up 3+ hours of our first day, we were upgraded to an overwater bungalow...so we couldn't really complain. It had a gorgeous view and snorkeling was fantastic right off the porch. Overall, we loved this island and it was the perfect stop before Bora Bora - but this hotel didn't impress us with food. The 2 things I did love though - the AMAZING chocolate croissants and fantastic fresh press coffee. We bought a french press when we got home - just to remind us of our breakfasts in Moorea.
From what I heard, it is one of the nicer hotels on Moorea. We stopped by the Hilton - which was nice - but it had a small beach. In comparison, Sofitel has a nice long beach - I ran down it almost every morning. So, in terms of what's on Moorea, it's a nice spot. I recommend staying here before Bora Bora - we went to the Four Seasons Bora Bora after and that blew us away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Odigeo, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort French Polynesia