What a great place! Best location on the island - supermarket, bank, restaurants, rental car hire (directly across the road) etc. all within 5 minutes' walk. The staff were friendly and helpful (we arrived before the official check-in and only waited about 10 minutes before our room was ready). We stayed in a Premium Beach Bungalow - really nice. Weather was fantastic. I guess we were just lucky all round! We dropped by the InterContinental and Hilton and were so pleased we had chosen the Moorea Pearl - more relaxed atmosphere, the pool area was nicer, better location and just a more pleasant feel.
Great restaurant across the road - the Mania Grill. Open seven nights (dinner only). Very reasonable, lovely food and it's where the locals eat so that's about the best endorsement you can get. Down the road is the Moz Café which is only open until 2 pm I think it was - they offer free internet. Again, good quality food and very reasonable.
We'd been told how expensive Tahiti is. Well, yes the accommodation is expensive but we didn't find the food all that pricey - mind you, coming from New Zealand we're used to paying megabucks for food (and to think we produce it .... but that's another looooong story). I'd definitely opt for having breakfast included - sets you up for the day and the daily price is ridiculously high. That way you can pick and choose what and where you have lunch and dinner.
I wanted to buy a Tahitian pearl and we tried the pearl shop in the hotel first. Very nice, helpful lady served us. Because of Trip Advisor reviews we made our way to Eva's. Again, really helpful service but I didn't find what I wanted and headed back to "Have a Nice Pearl" at the Moorea Pearl and purchased a necklace (designed by the owner) and earrings. It's amazing how many people have commented on my purchases. Obviously a good choice!
Anyway, if you want to stay somewhere very relaxing and really nice, I'd definitely opt for the Moorea Pearl Resort. I'm sure my friends and I will get back there some day!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa nestles on the island shore, just by the village of Maharepa in an ideal location, between the majestic Cook’s Bay and the Gulf of Moorea. It’s very convenient, at just 10 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the ferry terminal, and with boutiques, restaurants and a small shopping center close at hand. The style of the resort is a tasteful combination of the traditional and the contemporary with a powerful sense of Polynesia. There are 28 over-water bungalows built over the lagoon on piles, 8 more bungalows on the beach and 28 spread through the beautiful grounds with their own private pools and little gardens. The remaining 22 rooms and 8 duplexes of this 94-unit resort are in a small building. Whichever accommodation you choose, you will have air-conditioned comfort (the bungalows also have ceiling fans), an outside terrace, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe, flat-screen television and DVD player, I-pod dock and WiFi. From your hotel base we will be happy to arrange a full range of exciting excursions and activities and of course you can relax at the resort where you’ll enjoy one of the largest infinity pools of the island. Each bungalow has a sunny outside terrace with comfortable loungers. From the over-water ones, there is direct access to the lagoon. The premium over-water bungalows are especially well situated, close to the coral reef ledge so you can immediately swim off and discover a fascinating world of colored fish and exotic corals. Near the over-water bungalows, we have developed our own coral nursery- To’A Nui - a coral regeneration project and part of our commitment to protecting the fragile environment that surrounds us. This site encourages the proliferation of marine life whose beauty is so easily enjoyed with simple snorkeling equipment. You will find a luxurious and convivial resort on a human scale, offering a warm welcome to honeymooners,romantic couples, families, nature lovers and scuba-divers. We have two restaurants - The Mahanai - and the acclaimed gourmet restaurant - The Matiehani. The Autera’a is a perfect terrace bar for sipping your favorite beverage. Other facilities include a bar, two meeting rooms, a boutique and a full range of activities and excursions both on land and on the water. We also have a dive center, a Polynesian tattoo facility and a spa. The Manea Spa specializes in massages and treatments using traditional Polynesian methods and 100% natural products from the island’s flowers and plants, including the famous monoi oils from the coconut palm. Thespa has a hammam, Jacuzzi and the «Rumi Ãvai» where you can discover the pleasures of our unique aquatic massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorea Pearl Resort And Spa
- Moorea Pearl Hotel Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa French Polynesia