My husband and I have not long come back from Moorea from our honeymoon. Many moons ago my parents honeymooned in Moorea and the way they yearn to return had always made me interested in visiting the tropical island myself! It was nothing short of everything that they said it would be. When we arrived we were welcomed with a bud of their beautiful national flower and a nice refreshing lemon water. We were promptly checked in and given the key cards to our gorgeous premium overwater bungalow. We couldnt believe it, we had landed in paradise. We would like to thank every single member of staff working at Moorea Pearl Resort and Spa for their tremendous service, never a single long face, they were always smiling and happy to be of any assistance. There was a lovely lady who helped us plan and book all of the tours we wanted to go on at the activities desk. All of our tour guides were so friendly and informative, and not shy in making jokes to make everyone laugh. The locals were also simply lovely.
Our bungalow was absolutely amazing. It was so clean and was turned down twice a day! My husband loved the snorkeling gear and went down to check out all the tropical fish swimming right below us. The pool was clean and a perfect temperature. We loved sitting by the pool and sipping our cocktails!
We purchased a package that included breakfast and dinner daily, it was scrumptious! Every morning we helped ourselves to a buffet breakfast and then every evening it alternated between a buffet dinner or 3 course sit down menu. All the tvs are in french which meant hubby had to spend time with me ;) however for those who want to watch a movie, they do have a selection of dvds that you can rent, one night thats exactly what we did, ordering room service that was almost immediately brought out to us.
There is so much more I could go on and say to ecplain how truly amazing this resort is, but I shall sign off saying that we are so happy we made the decision to go to the Moorea Pearl for out honeymoon and wish we could come back very soon, but for now we are left with beautiful memories and photos of breathtaking Moorea.
- Also Known As:
- Moorea Pearl Resort And Spa
- Moorea Pearl Hotel Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Hotel
- Moorea Pearl Resort
- Moorea Pearl Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Resort Spa
- Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa French Polynesia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa nestles on the island shore, just by the village of Maharepa in an ideal location, between the majestic Cook’s Bay and the Gulf of Moorea. It’s very convenient, at just 10 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the ferry terminal, and with boutiques, restaurants and a small shopping center close at hand. The style of the resort is a tasteful combination of the traditional and the contemporary with a powerful sense of Polynesia. There are 28 over-water bungalows built over the lagoon on piles, 8 more bungalows on the beach and 28 spread through the beautiful grounds with their own private pools and little gardens. The remaining 22 rooms and 8 duplexes of this 94-unit resort are in a small building. Whichever accommodation you choose, you will have air-conditioned comfort (the bungalows also have ceiling fans), an outside terrace, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe, flat-screen television and DVD player, I-pod dock and WiFi. From your hotel base we will be happy to arrange a full range of exciting excursions and activities and of course you can relax at the resort where you’ll enjoy one of the largest infinity pools of the island. Each bungalow has a sunny outside terrace with comfortable loungers. From the over-water ones, there is direct access to the lagoon. The premium over-water bungalows are especially well situated, close to the coral reef ledge so you can immediately swim off and discover a fascinating world of colored fish and exotic corals. Near the over-water bungalows, we have developed our own coral nursery- To’A Nui - a coral regeneration project and part of our commitment to protecting the fragile environment that surrounds us. This site encourages the proliferation of marine life whose beauty is so easily enjoyed with simple snorkeling equipment. You will find a luxurious and convivial resort on a human scale, offering a warm welcome to honeymooners,romantic couples, families, nature lovers and scuba-divers. We have two restaurants - The Mahanai - and the acclaimed gourmet restaurant - The Matiehani. The Autera’a is a perfect terrace bar for sipping your favorite beverage. Other facilities include a bar, two meeting rooms, a boutique and a full range of activities and excursions both on land and on the water. We also have a dive center, a Polynesian tattoo facility and a spa. The Manea Spa specializes in massages and treatments using traditional Polynesian methods and 100% natural products from the island’s flowers and plants, including the famous monoi oils from the coconut palm. Thespa has a hammam, Jacuzzi and the «Rumi Ãvai» where you can discover the pleasures of our unique aquatic massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Splendia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.