This place was perfect for our holiday, there wasn't a single thing wrong with the entire stay. My wife and I walked around the whole time just grinning happily that we'd found such a beautiful and relaxing place to spend some time. The premium overwater bungalow was amazing, we got a good deal for the low season and it was worth spending the extra to stay in one of these rooms. A beautiful spacious room with wood finishing throughout, a huge king bed, (the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on), your own private deck to dive from, complete with outdoor shower, a glass bottom section to watch the sealife, and the sound of the lagoon to lull you to sleep. The regular overwater bungalows are the same room but some face inwards towards the pool so have less privacy. The beach bungalows also looked good and we might try them if we have the chance to return. The feel of the resort is very nice, finished with lots of tropical wood rather than the sterile white you get at some places. We found the size of the resort just right, not too large but definitely not small and cramped either. The layout has been well thought out, and it was pleasure to spend the day going between the pool to the beach to the bar and back to the pool again, all within easy reach. Kayaks, Stand-up paddle boards and snorkelling gear were all on offer and easy to access, you just let the attendant know what you want and go for it. The staff here are genuinely friendly and made the stay very pleasurabe. The meals were tasty and good value, especially given Tahiti's reputation for high prices, I thought the meal prices were quite reasonable. By the time we left the Moorea Pearl we were so relaxed we felt like we'd been sedated. We would definitely return and can't recommend this resort highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa nestles on the island shore, just by the village of Maharepa in an ideal location, between the majestic Cook’s Bay and the Gulf of Moorea. It’s very convenient, at just 10 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the ferry terminal, and with boutiques, restaurants and a small shopping center close at hand. The style of the resort is a tasteful combination of the traditional and the contemporary with a powerful sense of Polynesia. There are 28 over-water bungalows built over the lagoon on piles, 8 more bungalows on the beach and 28 spread through the beautiful grounds with their own private pools and little gardens. The remaining 22 rooms and 8 duplexes of this 94-unit resort are in a small building. Whichever accommodation you choose, you will have air-conditioned comfort (the bungalows also have ceiling fans), an outside terrace, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe, flat-screen television and DVD player, I-pod dock and WiFi. From your hotel base we will be happy to arrange a full range of exciting excursions and activities and of course you can relax at the resort where you’ll enjoy one of the largest infinity pools of the island. Each bungalow has a sunny outside terrace with comfortable loungers. From the over-water ones, there is direct access to the lagoon. The premium over-water bungalows are especially well situated, close to the coral reef ledge so you can immediately swim off and discover a fascinating world of colored fish and exotic corals. Near the over-water bungalows, we have developed our own coral nursery- To’A Nui - a coral regeneration project and part of our commitment to protecting the fragile environment that surrounds us. This site encourages the proliferation of marine life whose beauty is so easily enjoyed with simple snorkeling equipment. You will find a luxurious and convivial resort on a human scale, offering a warm welcome to honeymooners,romantic couples, families, nature lovers and scuba-divers. We have two restaurants - The Mahanai - and the acclaimed gourmet restaurant - The Matiehani. The Autera’a is a perfect terrace bar for sipping your favorite beverage. Other facilities include a bar, two meeting rooms, a boutique and a full range of activities and excursions both on land and on the water. We also have a dive center, a Polynesian tattoo facility and a spa. The Manea Spa specializes in massages and treatments using traditional Polynesian methods and 100% natural products from the island’s flowers and plants, including the famous monoi oils from the coconut palm. Thespa has a hammam, Jacuzzi and the «Rumi Ãvai» where you can discover the pleasures of our unique aquatic massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorea Pearl Resort And Spa
- Moorea Pearl Hotel Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa French Polynesia