great location, good staff, just don't check in when it's busy. we came in by a shuttle from the airport alone, but another tour group must have arrived just before us because the check in was ridiculous just so many people for them to try to convenience at once. we were taken to our room in a great hoard and just kind of shown to our door. we had booked a beach bungalow and took us a while to realize that there was no beach anywhere near our door. so we waited a bit for reception to slow down and went back to question about our room. turns out the beach bungalows were all sold out and we got an "upgrade" to a semi private room with our own pool (which by own pool means about 1x2m). now in fairness they did apologize for not telling us about it (due to being lost in the crowd) and said if we weren't happy they'd try something else for us.
other than that, the staff were very helpful setting up dinner reservations, excursions and everything else we would need. Also being so close to town was of great convenience and the view of the island coming out of the hotel was absolutely amazing.
- Also Known As:
- Moorea Pearl Resort And Spa
- Moorea Pearl Hotel Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Hotel
- Moorea Pearl Resort
- Moorea Pearl Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Resort Spa
- Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa French Polynesia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa nestles on the island shore, just by the village of Maharepa in an ideal location, between the majestic Cook’s Bay and the Gulf of Moorea. It’s very convenient, at just 10 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the ferry terminal, and with boutiques, restaurants and a small shopping center close at hand. The style of the resort is a tasteful combination of the traditional and the contemporary with a powerful sense of Polynesia. There are 28 over-water bungalows built over the lagoon on piles, 8 more bungalows on the beach and 28 spread through the beautiful grounds with their own private pools and little gardens. The remaining 22 rooms and 8 duplexes of this 94-unit resort are in a small building. Whichever accommodation you choose, you will have air-conditioned comfort (the bungalows also have ceiling fans), an outside terrace, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe, flat-screen television and DVD player, I-pod dock and WiFi. From your hotel base we will be happy to arrange a full range of exciting excursions and activities and of course you can relax at the resort where you’ll enjoy one of the largest infinity pools of the island. Each bungalow has a sunny outside terrace with comfortable loungers. From the over-water ones, there is direct access to the lagoon. The premium over-water bungalows are especially well situated, close to the coral reef ledge so you can immediately swim off and discover a fascinating world of colored fish and exotic corals. Near the over-water bungalows, we have developed our own coral nursery- To’A Nui - a coral regeneration project and part of our commitment to protecting the fragile environment that surrounds us. This site encourages the proliferation of marine life whose beauty is so easily enjoyed with simple snorkeling equipment. You will find a luxurious and convivial resort on a human scale, offering a warm welcome to honeymooners,romantic couples, families, nature lovers and scuba-divers. We have two restaurants - The Mahanai - and the acclaimed gourmet restaurant - The Matiehani. The Autera’a is a perfect terrace bar for sipping your favorite beverage. Other facilities include a bar, two meeting rooms, a boutique and a full range of activities and excursions both on land and on the water. We also have a dive center, a Polynesian tattoo facility and a spa. The Manea Spa specializes in massages and treatments using traditional Polynesian methods and 100% natural products from the island’s flowers and plants, including the famous monoi oils from the coconut palm. Thespa has a hammam, Jacuzzi and the «Rumi Ãvai» where you can discover the pleasures of our unique aquatic massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Splendia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.