We just returned from our Honeymoon and could not be happier :) This resort is so beautiful! The staff was so friendly and welcoming from the moment we arrived. Karen at the front desk walked us around the hotel to make sure we knew where everything was located. She was very sweet. We chose to stay in two rooms during our visit. We stayed in a garden room with a private plunge pool and a premium overwater bungalow. Both were so wonderful in different ways. The garden room was very private and romantic. We really enjoyed having our own pool. The overwater bungalow was breathtaking. A lot less private but such a great experience to wake up with that view. We literally watched the fish under our bungalow for hours. We even got to see dolphins swimming by one day :) It's really amazing to be able to jump right off of your deck and snorkel! Be careful not to swim too close to the sea urchins (I swam into one by accident and will never forget the pain)!
The breakfast buffet is awesome! Made to order omelettes, bacon, crepes, sweet breads, fruit, espresso, etc. The list goes on. We booked the honeymoon package that included breakfast and dinner. I'm very happy we did, because dinner was also delicious (and saved us a lot of money). The bartenders are also great, especially Marquise :)
If you decide to do any activities, you should definitely book the Jet Ski tour. It was sooo much fun and they take you to swim with sting rays and sharks! A little scary but a great experience :) We also rented a car for the day around $60. We drove around the whole island and went up to see the gorgeous view from Mt. Belvedere.
Thank you to the Pearl Resort for giving us such a memorable honeymoon! We will be back :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa nestles on the island shore, just by the village of Maharepa in an ideal location, between the majestic Cook’s Bay and the Gulf of Moorea. It’s very convenient, at just 10 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the ferry terminal, and with boutiques, restaurants and a small shopping center close at hand. The style of the resort is a tasteful combination of the traditional and the contemporary with a powerful sense of Polynesia. There are 28 over-water bungalows built over the lagoon on piles, 8 more bungalows on the beach and 28 spread through the beautiful grounds with their own private pools and little gardens. The remaining 22 rooms and 8 duplexes of this 94-unit resort are in a small building. Whichever accommodation you choose, you will have air-conditioned comfort (the bungalows also have ceiling fans), an outside terrace, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe, flat-screen television and DVD player, I-pod dock and WiFi. From your hotel base we will be happy to arrange a full range of exciting excursions and activities and of course you can relax at the resort where you’ll enjoy one of the largest infinity pools of the island. Each bungalow has a sunny outside terrace with comfortable loungers. From the over-water ones, there is direct access to the lagoon. The premium over-water bungalows are especially well situated, close to the coral reef ledge so you can immediately swim off and discover a fascinating world of colored fish and exotic corals. Near the over-water bungalows, we have developed our own coral nursery- To’A Nui - a coral regeneration project and part of our commitment to protecting the fragile environment that surrounds us. This site encourages the proliferation of marine life whose beauty is so easily enjoyed with simple snorkeling equipment. You will find a luxurious and convivial resort on a human scale, offering a warm welcome to honeymooners,romantic couples, families, nature lovers and scuba-divers. We have two restaurants - The Mahanai - and the acclaimed gourmet restaurant - The Matiehani. The Autera’a is a perfect terrace bar for sipping your favorite beverage. Other facilities include a bar, two meeting rooms, a boutique and a full range of activities and excursions both on land and on the water. We also have a dive center, a Polynesian tattoo facility and a spa. The Manea Spa specializes in massages and treatments using traditional Polynesian methods and 100% natural products from the island’s flowers and plants, including the famous monoi oils from the coconut palm. Thespa has a hammam, Jacuzzi and the «Rumi Ãvai» where you can discover the pleasures of our unique aquatic massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorea Pearl Resort And Spa
- Moorea Pearl Hotel Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa French Polynesia