“Ignore The Bad Reviews” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
SCOTLAND
“Ignore The Bad Reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

I am so glad I ignored the bad reviews for this hotel. We went as family with two children aged 9 and 12. This was a fantastic place. The slides are fantastic for the kids in fact we never saw them from morning till night. The food again I had no complaints we ate like kings every night and we are quite fussy eaters! There was steak, chicken, fish, fresh pasta lots of different things which I had never tried before which Im glad I ate. The salad is washed in bottled water and I ate it every day without any problems. None of us suffered any problems with our stomachs and we ate variety of things.In the morning there was again lots of choice. We all had freshly made crepes and fresh omlettes every day. People who have complained about the food must be REALLY fussy!! The people who work here are great and work very long hrs from 6am till sometimes 1am the next morning! Everyone is very friendly without being over the top. Our rooms were cleaned every day and fresh towels given. I met a family on the plane who had at last minute changed hotels after the bad reviews about this hotel - they should not have cos it was fantastic. I will definately be back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kirkcaldy,Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

Excellent service,exceptionally friendly staff,fantastic food,hotel and grounds immaculate,room was very clean,aqua park amazing,we had a fantastic holiday staying at the Park Inn,we were very sad when we had to leave.We can't see why people would write such petty review's about this hotel,remember you are in Egypt ,flies are part and parcel of any hot country,we have just arrived home to Scotland,and are in the process of rebooking for next year.Great all round holiday,whatever you seek,from families to couples,there is something for everyone.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

We stayed in the Park Inn Hotel in October and had an amazing time. The food was excellent, it may not be like eating out in England but it's good enough, Buffet style and there is plenty of variety. I am a relatively fussy eater and never had a problem finding something. The hotel itself was much better than I anticipated after reading some of the negative comments on here. The rooms were a god size, cleaned every day if you wanted with fresh towels. The decoration could do with updating slightly but it is overall fine. The staff were really friendly and helpful and they were always in a good mood, wanting to talk to you to find out a little about you. You do get slightly pestered at the poolside with reps trying to sell you daytrips etc but you are in Egypt and this is their culture. You just have to adapt to it and a simple 'No' will suffice and they will leave you alone. As for the mosquito issue which seems to be a prolific concern on here- the males on the trip did not get bitten once, the females did. You are in Africa so perhaps it would be prudent to take some form of repellent!!! But to mark down the hotel because there were mosquitoes around is ludicrous- it is hardly the fault of the hotel as they do not control ecosystems. Overall it was a fantastic holiday and the staff helped. Yes, the entertainment is lacking somewhat but you just have to enjoy yourself, relax and if you want more excitement head to Naama Bay for the equivalent of £5 English. Definitely going to return next year.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Berkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

We booked our holiday with First Choice (they would not be our "first choice" the next time we go away) thankfully only a week. I had read a few reviews before we booked it and i did not think it could be as bad as people were saying, well for the first 2 days it was'nt. Weather was amazing and the hotel looked good, pools and aquapark are lovely.
Staff are extremly rude and want money for everything, and young girls beware!!! you will get harassed. It is not all inclusive, you have to pay for certain things after certain hours. I was bitten over 120 times by bugs and i was not the only one lots of people were being eaten alive. There is a huge tent in the resort called the bedouin tent. Do not go in there it had to be pulled down and fumigated the second night we were there, thats were my bites started! My bites were bigger than a 50p! I had to pay for 2 injections and antibiotics! I was told awful things. 1 couple we got to know tell refused to sleep in their bed as there were red bugs wriggling out of their materess whenever there was a heat source on it. The food is ok but got the "egyptain tummy" by the fourth day, which is apparantly from the money - rubbish or the whole of sharm would be on the loo! its the rubbish food that is left out for hours for the flies to eat! Some of the evening enterainment were great and really friendly and even took us out to naama bay 2 nights ( joey, mustafa and ali, these lads are a good laugh) but the entertainment was non existant really. One of the animation team was only 16 and clearly had no experience or communication skills and was very unhelpful. Before we left she even approached us and asked us to write a good review on here for them as they have had so many bad ones - wonder why? the gym is shocking, health and safety would have a field day in there. i even took picks of the dangerous equipment and the carpet that looked like it had be mulled by rats, i will try and load them some how. my boyfriend really hurt his shoulder using the equipment. He was hit with force on his right shoulder when trying to work out by a soild metal bar, which should had been attached to the apparatus but it was just resting on a bar. we told a member of staff to remove it, fix it or put a sign up. we went back the next day to check and it was all the same. We never met our first choice rep. on our induction day someone else stood in for him and he only worked 1 hour per day for 6 days. The beach is ok, but its like walking on glass! its man made and its made out of old coral so it hurts. its a 10 min walk from the hotel. Naama bay is good. went to pacha, its ok not as great as people go on about it. the drinks in the hotel are naf, local alcohol is like drinking antibacterial spray or something. ther rooms were ok, clean ish, spaceous average really. but the cleaners are pushy! we were woken up the first 3 mornings between 8:30 - 9:30 for him to clean our room. there are not lifts in the hotel for families with young children or peole that need easy access. I was gutted we stayed in this hotel. i think we would have had a much better experience if we had stayed somwhere else. i would rate it 2-3*. Some people had a great time but stayed else where. But do go to and see the pyramida, amazing!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I cannot believe all the negative comments that are being written about this hotel. I came back about three weeks ago along with my 19 year old son and my 13 and 6 year old daughters and we had a ball. Before we went we were not looking forward to it because of all the bad reviews but we can honestly say we cannot understand why people dont rate the place, alright, the food was not the best but there was plenty of choice so would always be something to eat and that is the only negative we can say about the Park Inn. From the waterpark to the restaurants to the bedoun tent the staff could not have been better they were really full of fun and could not have done enough for you they were great with my kids and made their holiday special. The waterpark and the pools were really great and there was plenty of space in each so you never felt that the place was too crowded. The bedoun tent was great and so much fun and you really felt that you were in Egypt very authentic ok you get bitten but you are in Africa you can get bitten to death at home from midges. If you would rather be on holiday were you can get full English breakfast and British pubs and dont want something different then as someone said go to Benidorm but if you want something different and have an open mind then I recomment the Park Inn and Egypt as we couldnt fault the place or people.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

I am beginning to think that the people who have written bad reviews about this hotel stayed somewhere completley different to us! After reading all the bad reviews i spent the first day trying to find faults with everything but i couldn't find any. The staff are really friendly and can't do enough for you and they are really chatty and helpful. Ahmed who worked at the Aqua Park snack bar during the day and in the Bedouin tent at night had us in hysterics all day and Joey from the Animation team was so friendly and a right laugh. The food isn't gourmet but you will easily find something you like as there is quite alot of choice. I couldn't believe it when i heard people whinge about not there not being any British pubs. If you want British pubs go to Benidorm! We did 2 excursions, the red sea cruise and the deserts experience. I would strongly recommend both.

I had a fantastic holiday at the Park Inn and would definitley go again!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Aberdeenshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

As with the last few comments, we've just got home (yesterday) from the Park Inn and felt I had to comment positively about this hotel. We were similarly worried after some of the VERY negative reviews, but they were so wrong. To be fair, if you want full English breakfasts, and English pubs then do not book here. You get good, fresh food served by genuinely friendly and helpful staff.
The water park was great, the only problem was getting my 2 children out of the various pools to eat, sleep, etc. As for complaints about mosquitoes...it's blooming Africa...what do you expect?? If you go to Scotland you'll get far worse from the midges...but it should be expected...AND PREPARED FOR!!!!!
Yes, there is work ongoing within the complex, but it is all fairly minor, and they appear to be fixing many of the complaints I had read in some of the more negative reviews.
We had booked a family room and got a large 2 bedroom suite with 2 en-suites and 2 balconies.
Definitely book from the local guys wondering around the pools, I booked a dive through the hotel team from AQUASHARM (PADI approved) for only £20 compared to the Thomson Rep's £60. Similar comparisons for Glass bottom boat trips etc.
Finally, a short example of probably the next negative review for this hotel...I was getting breakfast - fresh fruit, freshly made pancakes and waffles, choices of cheeses and hams, various cooked food and ommlettes cooked to order only to hear 2 British guests complaining..."This isn't for me, this stuff...." Oh well.....hopefully they won't be there when I book again !!!
Sorry, must add, Maha, the kids entertainer was great, my kids loved her to pieces. She made such an effort with all the kids, she's a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort? Share your experiences!