“good value good weather!!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
hampshire
“good value good weather!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

we were very scared after reading some of the reviews for park inn before we went!
i have a 5 year old and she loved it . The water park is brilliant ! our room was clean and the air con was fine , just beware that they do put you in the room you were booked for as i think they have an upgrading scam going on. if you take your booking form it will make life easier as you can prove which sort of room you have booked, we had a pool view and were put facing a wall!!! It was all sorted after two days but hassle we could do without! Apart from that the people are great , they love the kids and the teenagers (dads beware) but never in a bad way , egyptians hate to offend and if they upset you feel very bad. The food was good , im vegetarian and ate every night .If all else failed they did pizza and chips chicken or burgers everyday at waterpark. it can get a bit samey and i do agree they could do with a a la carte or different resturant, you do get 20% off the food over the road in the radisson sas if you fancy a change! . we loved this holiday the weather , snorkelling and swimming with the dolphins but remember haggle for everything even in the pharmacy!!! ask about see what some people have paid for trips some pay more than others , !!!! only one complaint the bedouin tent entertainment repeated the entertainment on a one week basis only so even my 5 year old was bit fed up by end of 10 days im sure they could improve on that!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

Ok the rooms ( even superior rooms) are basic, the food can be repetative and the enertainment is none existant BUT the staff we came in contact with could not do enough for us, yes it probably was because we gave them tips (this is how many of the staff boost their wages as their basic wages in comparison to what we earn are poor (400.00 EP per month) and spent time talking with them , some of the reviews are obviously written by people who expect, expect, expect and want , want , want.
We all had a lovely time in Eygpt and made the most of our time there. Yes you do get pestered alot by the Health Spa Staff but I am afraid you simply have to say NO.
I would not recomend this Hotel but the staff tried so very hard to make all welcome. We would go back to Egypt but would stay in Naama Bay.

liverpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

ok id just like to say that if id booked with first choice id of been very dissapointed because they class this hotel as a 4* and direct holidays say 3* and well yes it is a 3*. Now i only paid £350 each per wk so thats not bad at all wer first choice wanted over £4000 in total for my family of 4. Now the rooms are a little tired but beds are big and comfy, shower works well an thats about all i can say. Food is ok, im quite fussy but found something everynight apart from sundays wen its british night lol! But unfortunatly the snack bar in the aqua park is covered wi flies but behind the fence is the dessert so this duz needed to be in mind. THIS IS A BIG WARNING!!!!! DO NOT USE THE ROOM PHONE TO PHONE HOME I WAS ON IT FOR 6 MINS AND IT COST ME £20 THERE IS NO PAY PHONES IN EGYPT!!!!!! Entertainment is poor, we went out most nights, coz we like party. The 3 crowns is a good kareoke bar an beer is not to badly priced also went into naama bay that was ok and to so ho square to the ice bar which was expensive to get in total cost should of been £72 but got 1 kid free your only in the for 20 mins coz it is so cold not really worth the money. All in all we had a good time, for the price we paid compared to wot some ppl paid. i havent got any complaints but i wud have if id of booked with first choice again coming down to price and wot they ave to say defo missed sold from them. Would go back to egypt but in about 5 yrs time needs to be a bit more going on for me.

derby uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

We have just returned from the Park Inn and I would just like to share our experience with you. We have two teenage girls aged 13 and 15, they met friends and went to the different pool area's returning to us at intervals through out the day. It was obvious they where with us and the hotel male workers never behaved inappropriately to wards them. This was also the case when we went out of the hotel in the evenings. The Eygptian men seemed respectful which I believe was down to my husbands presence. I think it would be a different matter if we where an all female group. But that is the case anywhere I suppose. We had two rooms which we asked to be inter-connecting, they arranged this immediately on asking when we checked in. Our rooms where huge with drapes at the windows and lovely marble flooring over looking the main pool area. We did see other peoples rooms which where not a patch on ours. One room had two large single beds and the other a massive double both with balconies and bathrooms. Our cleaner was both helpful and cleaned our rooms spotless. The food was as varied as could be expected. There was lots of choice ,cooked or continental breakfast. Snack foods or full meals at lunch and each evening a chef either carved or bbq fresh meat ie duck, chicken, turkey, lamb or a baked fish.
I think the reviews are all down to your own personal experience. I never expected Eygpt to be all singing and dancing party central as you have to remember it is a muslim country. They do pester to sell you things but they are desperate to make as much money as possible to send home to keep their families. We were always polite had a laugh with the sellers but firmly said no if we where not interested. They always wished us a good holiday even when we didn't look at their goods. Just always agree a price up front for everything from good to taxi's to camel rides then you wont feel conned. We did really enjoy the Park Inn and have travelled all over the world in some good hotels. We just dont compare 4 star hotels in Eygpt to a 4 star in say for example Mexico or America. Just go and have a fab time. As for all inclusive food you get fed up with it because there is just so much. In each hotel room check out the black book which gives all the hotel info plus a clearer map of the resort than you get at reception on arrival.

KENT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

My party must have been tranported to another location, I cannot believe what people are saying. This complex should only be used as an Aqua Park. That is what it was built for.
Under no circumstances stay here. Food poor, staff rude, Customer Service Poor. All they want is to get extra money off you for items you have already paid for in your AI package. Drinks are served in plastic and or disposable cups. Drinks are served warm.
Food hygiene is poor. Would advise Management Team to purchase some refridgeration units to keep food chilled and not exposed to direct sunlight. Restaurants are swamped with flies, and on the food also. We watched in amazement as birds pecked at food on offer at the Lotus Bar in the afternoon. Entertainment in the evening (what entertainment) is either in a flea ridden tent or a bar in the reception area. Access for residents with disabilities is non exsistent, so is not user friendly. The only plus for this complex is the SUN. So please please please, think very carefully before booking this complex. Check all review sites, this is a must. My plane has just left planet somewhere else.

birmingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

I have never wrote on trip advisor but felt so strongly about the appalling standards of this hotel. I don't even know where to start. Firstly a superior room for 4 was a room with 2 beds and a camp bed with bathrobes!! (hence superior!), when I went to speak to the manager as I had read on tripadvisor what polite people they were I was absolutely disgusted with the response, he told me that another camp bed would be put in the room! he continued to tell me that i should be grateful for that room as he only received payment for my holiday that morning, even though i had paid for my holiday 3 months prior!!! he told me if i had a problem take it up with my rep!! (who I didn't see until my last day!!) I tried to phone him and no-one spoke english!! Maybe it had something to do with me being alone with my children (my husband didn't come). The rooms were extremely old and as for cleaning, yes they gave you fresh towels every day, but the floors were black and never mopped!! to sum up the standards from the cleaners I saw one spitting out of the window of someones room!! Every night at 3am the most horrendous sound came from their church, I chanting which was so loud it woke the children and scared the living daylights out of them. The food was disgusting!!!!!! pizza and chips every day for lunch!! boiled eggs and salad for breakfast every day, thank god for mcdonalds down the road!!(i'm not a fast food fan, but was so grateful), the staff were SO RUDE!!!!! the only time you got any sort of reasonable service was if you're paying them (ice-creams were not free) or if you were willing to listen to the constant and i mean constant selling by the pool for beauty treatments or trips!!! (a notice was put up in reception to say the staff would be slightly miserable due to ramadam and could we be patient, not eat in front of them, cover up!) I would definately not send a teenage girl there!!! the men were disgusting constantly hassling you and turning quite rude and aggressive if you didin't respond, the only benefit to this hotel was the sunshine and the water park. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE AND GO TO THE WATERPARK ON A DAY OUT!!!! The entertainment was so poor!! there was no daytime entertainment and the nightly entertainment was appalling!!!! There was a pool party which sounded ok at 1am!!!! but you had to pay to go!!!!! I could go on and on. maybe the people that do rate this holiday have never stayed in a decent hotel with good service and felt taken care of. All I can say read the negative reviews on this hotel and you'll notice that they all say the same.

Wigan, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

We had booked through First choice, and had a family room which was excellent – it was basically a one bed apartment comprising bedroom with bathroom, fridge and loads of wardrobe space, with a corridor (and more wardrobe space) with second bathroom off it, and what looked to be a lounge with two sofa beds. Both rooms had TV and balconies. Air conditioning in the rooms was brilliant, and especially welcome in the hot weather whilst we were there (around 35-40 deg C).

The resort is well laid out in three storey blocks, and the grounds are all in a well kept condition. There are two large swimming pools, one with a bar in it, and the Aqua Park. We were pleasantly surprised with the Aqua Park, as it had much more than we were expecting – 8 slides, wave pool, pirate ship with slides and lazy river. It kept our daughter (age 11) and her new found friends gainfully occupied all week. In common with most hotels, you needed to be up early to get a sunbed in the shade, but we noted some people paying the pool attendants to put out towels for them in the morning. However, if you are an early bird, suggest that you keep your towels and reserve your own sunbed(s) early.

But also be aware that on a couple of nights there were parties held around the Aqua Park (at additional cost) which went on until 1am – possibly not a pool view if you like an early night!!

There are two restaurants available on-site for the main meals. We found that the Aqua Piper restaurant (to the left of reception as you look at the entrance) was less crowded both in terms of table layout and the number of people using it, although it did have shorter opening times, and was closed at lunch after a few days of our stay (presumably lower number of visitors). The other restaurant on the opposite side of reception tended to be busier, and the seating did seem to be more densely arranged.

The food itself was very good considering the wide variety of nationalities they must have to cater for (we noted British, German, Ukraine, Russian, Italian and Egyptians during our stay). Breakfast had fruit, yoghurts, cereals, pastries, toast, omelettes, pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, potatoes, beef sausage to give an idea of what was on offer.

Lunch and dinner tended to have a selection of cold starters and salads, soup, one fish and two meat dishes and vegetables plus desserts, plus the inclusive soft drinks, beer and house wines. Also available at the Aqua Park were snacks (generally pizza, chips and salad) from mid-morning to around 4-5pm. I would say that we had no problems whatsoever with the food – it seemed we were one of the few families who managed to go without chips for the week!!

As an aside, we noted that a few people had brought insulated cups with them from home, either to keep the cold drinks cool or to take a hot drink back to their room as their appear to be limited rooms with tea/coffee making facilities available (suggest taking your own travel kettle).

We also had a few mornings on the resort’s beach, which we accessed via the Radisson across the road. We didn’t have a problem getting sunbeds under a shelter, and the attendant was always on hand to sort things out for you. The beach bar had the usual inclusive drinks available plus free ice-cream, and there was a limited lunch service available between 12 and 1pm.

We took the opportunity to do some snorkeling from the jetty shared with the Radisson – loads of fish around as well as the coral. We were told by another family staying at the Radisson who we met on our Red Sea trip that one of the staff on duty would go into the water with people if asked – we didn’t get to try this out but may be worth checking if you do visit.

My wife and daughter booked a treatment at the hotel Spa, and the report is that this was very good and appears to be good value for money – it cost around £50 each for around 90 minutes of treatments including body scrub, sauna, steam room, full body massage and Jacuzzi.

Regarding the evening entertainment, having read the generally poor reviews of the venue and entertainment itself, we didn’t bother with it at all, so cannot give any first-hand feedback on it. However, a number of people we spoke during our stay to were not overly impressed either.

So plenty of positives to report about the Park Inn Resort. However, there were a few things we considered “not so good”.

Anyone considering staying here should be aware that the hotels in Nabq Bay in general (not specifically the Park Inn Resort) are under the departure flight path from the airport, so be prepared for aircraft noise from early morning (around 0600) to late at night (midnight) and occasionally throughout the night.

The main bar area and reception appeared to have only limited air conditioning, and got uncomfortably hot in the evening when having a drink. Comparing with the Radisson, the reception area there was very cool when you walked in.

Another “niggle” was the quality/lack of information about the hotel and it’s facilities. On checking in- we were given an A4 photocopy of a coloured hotel map, and it was not possible to identify quite a lot of the areas. There was also no information in the rooms about the hotel, facilities, or the other activities provided (quad biking, camel riding and snorkelling/scuba diving as noted by Kazzy). The staff from these activities seemed to be able to “home-in” on new arrivals, and once one booking had been made, all the other activities’ staff followed in quick succession. If the prices were made available in the rooms, it would allow guests to have a knowledge of prices beforehand rather than feeling pressured into booking – I guess the lesson is be prepared to say no and mean it!!

The final thing (and again not specific to this hotel) is the lack of anything else to do in the area (aside from organized trips) – there appeared to be nothing in the immediate vicinity other than the small shopping centre adjacent to the hotel where every shopkeeper was trying to get you into their shop. We did hear rumour of an English bar showing football, but didn’t manage to find it. We were planning on a visit to Naama Bay one evening, but the experience with the shopkeepers in the vicinity put us off for fear of having to endure the same hassle (albeit appreciating that the shopkeepers have a living to make and that it is part of their culture to try and entice you in and haggle prices).

Hopefully, the above hasn’t been too long winded, but overall we found the park Inn Resort to be extremely good, especially for families, with only a few issues as noted above which were more than outweighed by all of the positive aspects.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort? Share your experiences!