“Nice place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort

You added Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Nabq Bay | Nabq Bay Sharm El Sheikh, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 57, Egypt   |
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Cairo
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have been to Amwaj hotel last year, I booked three days (offer) and after staying there the first night I decided to extend my stay for another 3 days. Hotel management is really good, variety of food, staff are friendly and very attentive, beach is huge with a reasonable walking distance from main building. There is a variety of entertainment programme, animation team is friendly and decent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wael E, Front Office Manager at Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and are grateful for your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

As with most hotels in egypt from the moment you arrive through the gates you are greeted with friendly staff members who cannot do enough for you surrounded by a majestic foyer. The hotels starts to stand out on about day two/three when you have settled in. There are little to no bugs and the reason why is the cleanliness of the place. Its immaculate the cleaning team are top of the game. The only down point is the inhumane pest control. Everyone who's been to egypt knows that ants and lizards are just part of the deal. i love the reptiles and i think its to be expected but the Amwaj uses industrial sticky tiles under lights to catch them and then leaves them there for days. I counted 7 lizards on one tile that were left to die in the heat of the sun. like i said i am pro all animals so it was distressing for me but most people didn't batt an eyelid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are grateful for your comments & suggestion and will be looking into the points you raised to maintain our standards.We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have just returned from an 8night break at the Amwaj and it was just what we needed. As soon as we arrived we were made to feel welcome by each member of staff we were with. A guided tour of amenities on the way to the room, which was very spacious and bright, overlooking the pool.
Restautants -
At our first visit to the Oyoun Restaurant we were shown around the service areas, drinks were brought to us and we were well looked after on every visit afterwards. The food was good, meat dishes, fish, veggie, rice, pasta, potatoes, salads, breads & desserts. The only downside being prople trying to queue jump and others piling plates high with everything and then leaving it, also taking masses of fruit at once and then taking it away with them!
We dined in the Italian restaurant 3 times, wonderful chefs, pasta dishes cooked to order and nothing too much trouble. A lovely relaxing atmosphere.
The BBQ restaurant at the pool bar was also really good, lovely dishes and an individual bbq brought to your table.
We only ate lunch at The Fishermans Restaurant and the way the other guests invaded the salad bar put us off.
The popcorn machine at night is great!
Entertainment -
The Animation Team are a great team of fun people. Even if you don't wish to join in, they still take time to chat to you. They have endless energy from morning to night.
Evening entertainment is nightly themed by the animation team but there is also a guy on the patio with his keyboard.There isn't much else to do in the evening but it was enough for us.
Even the PADI guys walking around are lovely people, always saying Hello, have a nice day and ready to chat if you wish. I had read about the red flag and thought we may need to get one but not at all.
There are plenty of sunbeds around the pool. The beach is a good spot to crash out, more breeze so it doesn't feel as hot. A daily walk along the jetty is a must, plenty to spot. Although we didn't go in the sea, there is a guy keeping an eye on you whilst you are snorkelling.
All in all, this is a very well run hotel with excellent staff.
To the Animation team - thank you for letting us be lazy English, we loved the music! Cushti!!
To the Italian restaurant - thank you for excellent food.
To Ahmed around the pool - thank you for looking after us.
To Tabek and Vin Diesel (sorry, I don't have your name) at the pool bar, thankyou for your top class service.
To Ali in The Oyoun, so lovely, thankyou thankyou.
Thankyou to everyone for making this the holiday we needed

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are grateful for your comments & suggestion and will be looking into the points you raised to maintain our standards. I will share your lovely comments with all team members especially Ahmed , Tarek , "Vin Diesel , Ali & the other mentioned staff members. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
kevmrsh6
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just returned from a two week family holiday to the Amwaj Hotel and Resort (1st to 15th April 2013). Everything about the place was fantastic. In particular my 14yr old son uses a wheelchair and the staff went the extra mile to ensure he could access everything. No problems at all.

We were well looked after by 'Ali' in the main restaurant which served excellent and varied food with dishes from around the world. The waiters at the pool bar were excellent and soon had your drinks to you. They also made some amazing cocktails in the beach bar.

Special praise for the animation team. Luqa and all the guys ( and girls) did a fantastic job in organising activities around the pool and on the beach during the day and then continued with all manner of shows from young to old during the evening. There are also other 'quiet' pools if you don't fancy the animation scene.

Rooms were meticulously cleaned each day. Could not fault at all.

A;ready planning to return in 2014!!!

Also, Just read the 'Electryfying Review' while such accidents are always to be taken seriously, 'Trip Advisor' seems a strange forum to air such views whilst litigation is ongoing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wael E, Front Office Manager at Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
We are extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your great positive comments to Ali & all of the animation team.
Thank you for your feedback and we will look to welcoming you back in the near future.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel was immaculate. All areas public/pool/dining room/rooms were spotless and all day staff walking round. Tidying up sweeping and well kept garden areas. The staff just can't do enough to help you and special mention to Ali in the dining room who adopted us on day one and looked after us for the two weeks. The entertainment team headed by Loca work so hard and the range of activities and shows are amazing. They were all particularly attentive to my son who is in a wheelchair and involved him in anything that they could and took the time to talk to him everyday. They make a very special effort with any people who are disabled/special needs to make them feel involved and succeed in doing so. The food was the usual Egyptian take on buffet meals but it was always well cooked and with a wide range of salad/soup/fresh fruit and main courses anyone who complained was just being awkward. I have to say that all areas were accessible by wheelchair but this involved pushing up and down a steep slope which was very dark so we chose to accept the offer of help to carry the wheenchair and assist my son on the stairs. Nothing was too much trouble but one lift would make the world of difference. All bar staff all cleaners infact everyone was helpful and friendly. If you don't want bothering by the Spa or salon staff just ask for a red flag from the towel rentals and they respect your need to be left alone. Thank you for a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are extremely pleased you enjoy your 2 week stay with us and done everything we could to make sure you and your family had a memorable holiday.
I will pass your comments to all of the Animation team for their good work.
Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I hoped I would not have to write a review on here as I thought the hotel would have been much more helpful in resolving my on going complaint since October 2012. However, since they cannot seem to come up with a solution or even offer an apology, I thought after six months, I would now let the world know about the holiday myself, my mum and dad, my daughter (1yr old), my grandma and my mum and dads friends (a couple) at this hotel.
Don't get me wrong, on arrival everything was great! had no issues with food or entertainment however...
I was sexually assaulted by a member of staff within the spa, who at first, the hotel denied it being their responsibility and told me "a little problem" but upon the arrival of the chain manager changed their mind and the man was sacked.
The next day, I was in my room with my daughter (1 year old don't forget), when all of a sudden she hit the corner of the wall and started screaming and crying! I went over to investigate as I thought she had been bitten by something, but when I started moving the furniture, I found out what really happened! My hand stuck to the free standing, metal floor lamp and then flung my arm off causing considerable pain! Yes!! You guessed it! This lamp had electrocuted my daughter and I burning her hands and feet in the process and tearing the muscle in my arm.
Again, "a little problem"! Erm...no!! My daughter and I could've been seriously hurt or worse! No medical staff were called to see to us and we ended up paying the hotel pharmacy doctor to check us over. No apology...nothing!! Since returning from holiday, AA Amwaj are now not responding to lowcostholiday requests regarding the complaint! Absolutely ridiculous, BUT ABTA are now involved and this issue will not go away. Don't get me wrong...if these three things didn't happen, it would've been lovely. The food and the entertainment staff were good but not worth being electrocuted for by any means!!
Now deal with that amwaj after your recent good reviews...maybe it will hit you as much as your negligence has hit me!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a pleasant hotel with some great staff who were very happy to look after us. There was a slight misunderstanding through our travel agent as we thought we had a family room with a seperate bedroom. When we were arrived it seemed that the travel agent had booked a suite for three which did not have a seperate bedroom. The hotel quickly moved us to a family room which had two seperate rooms. (Much better for a couple and a 15 year old)
There were a few ants in the room when we arrived but again these were dealt with quickly and we never saw any others for the rest of the week.
The whole hotel was clean and not too busy. The clientele were mainly Russian and Brits were certainly in the minority, not that that was a problem.
Food was OK for a week although might get a bit repetitive for a fortnight. There was plenty of choice of different things to try. The only downsides were the orange juice (which was just sugary squash rather than juice) and the milk was somewhat watery.
There were plenty of comfortable sunbeds with thick cushions and we never failed to get one where we wanted, mainly by the quieter pool at the side.
The snorkelling was good from the jetty although it has deteriorated over the years. The sea here is too shallow to swim in from the beach so it is down to a longish walk to the end of the jetty.
The weather over Easter was perfect with 7 days of Blue sky and temperatures in the high twenties.
The entertainment is a little limited. The karaoke night was a laugh but we did not bother with the shows.
All in all a very relaxing week in a pleasant hotel

Room Tip: We liked the rooms in block 3 which were near to their owen swimming pool