“WOW - An amazing holiday!” 5 of 5 stars

Sea Club Resort - Sharm el Sheikh
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nabq Bay, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Kent
“WOW - An amazing holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have just returned from a weeks holiday in the Sea Club Hotel and had an amazing time. From the moment we landed and were warmly greeted by the reception manager Amr till the moment we left, our every wish and need was met and surpassed.

The room was very large and comfortable, a few more hangers were required for our clothes but a quick call to reception and the next day we had more hangers than we could possibly need. It was cleaned daily to a very high standard with our duvets were turned into beautiful shapes and designs with petals scattered tastefully all around.

The food hall was amazing with the most entertaining and tentative staff I have ever come across. We would arrive and our drink order was brought to us without being asked for. The food was always fresh, hot and tasty. One lunchtime I asked for some chips, not realizing I could get some by the pool, but not a problem a portion of chips was brought to me followed by a bowl of tomato ketchup.. lovely,

The bar was comfortable and clean with again amazing and protective staff. On one occasion a Russian guest or two got a little too taken with the Vodka and thought we young ladies would make for easy pickings. We dealt with the problem easily, but noticed that Mohammed, the bar manager, and Ahmed had moved along the bar to where we were sat and were keeping a very careful eye out for us leaving us both feeling very very safe.

The small promenade was full of lovely colorful shops, but our favorite was the silver shop owned by Halim. Gorgeous pieces of jewelry always at, " a very good price". I bought several pieces in there, as did my friend, and they are topnotch and a good price. Ask Halim nicely and he may make you a lovely cuppa tea.

I will definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to everyone...!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Club Resort - Sharm el Sheikh, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation in Sea Club hotel, it was a pleasure to read such a positive review. Your comments regarding the service throughout are greatly appreciated, delighted to hear the hotel met and surpassed your expectations.

Glad that you enjoyed your meals in the main restaurant.

Your thanks will be passed onto the members of staff mentioned in the review.

It was our pleasure that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Mourad Iskander

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at the Sea club for 10 days at the end of June 13 and were extremely disappointed. The Sea Club is part of the Sea Group which comprises three hotels in one resort. You have access to all pools, restaurants and bars which is great. I would urge anyone thinking of staying to avoid the Sea club hotel. The place is full of rude russian guests who are clearly catered for ahead of other guests. The restaurant was very poor with little variety and was a mere step up from school dinners. I am not a fussy eater in any way but cold soup, 3 day old salad and brown bananas is not what i expect. After three days eating in the restaurant myself and my girlfriend were both very ill with diarrhoea. We voiced our problems to our rep who was helpful to outline our options for treatment. These consisted of buying very expensive tablets from the hotel pharmacy or going onto a drip with the hotel doctor who was keen to claim all expenses back off our insurance company. The hotel staff did thier best to help by cooking a meal one evening and having it sent to our room which we were grateful for, however with nowhere else to eat our problems only served to get worse as the holiday went on. Having spoken with a number of other guests illness of this type appeared common within the hotel. We wont be returning to the Sea Group of hotels and would recommend others think very carefully before doing so. We booked through Thomson holidays as we have done for a number of years to a number of locations however this was well below what we would expect and have experienced elsewhere with Thomson.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay in Sea Club.

It is unfortunate that the hotel didn't meet your expectations. I would like to address a few of the points which you made. Firstly the hotel caters for all guests, we do not provide services to satisfy only one nationality, we welcome guests from all over the world.

We offer 10 different theme nights which rotate around the three main restaurants within our resort as well as our three A La Carte restaurants which guests can use one time free of charge. All of the food is prepared fresh daily within the hotel, including our salads. It is however with regret that you were both unwell during your stay, and your appreciative comments about the food which was sent to the room are welcomed.

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

this was my first trip to Egypt with my partner we went with friends this was their third trip, we had booked a different hotel but changed to this one as the reviews on the original hotel were not good and I am so glad that we changed. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome we were checked in and in our rooms within 30 minutes and that includes us having food. The staff just can't seem to do enough for you the boys in the restaurant when we had breakfast made the start of our day fantastic they made us smile all the time especially Ahmed Ana Ahmed and Tahed. The pool boys were great always placed my towels for me, guys at the Italian restaurant when we went for our lunch were great it is a great place to eat,and then the barracuda bar on a evening Mahmoud El Kelf was excellent and you could not ask for better service. We had a couple of problems with our room but it was sorted within 5 minutes. Amr Salah Assistant F.O Sea Club is great if you have any problems he will sort them. Then there is Laura from guest relations and George from the Animation team fabulous people,can't wait to book for next year would recommend this hotel to anyone look out sea club we are coming back.

Thankyou for such a fantastic holiday
Ann,Dave,Janet and Glynn .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Club Resort - Sharm el Sheikh, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation in Sea Club hotel, it was a pleasure to read such a positive review. Your comments regarding the service throughout greatly appreciated.

Please accept our apologies you experienced in the room yet we are pleased they were swiftly resolved to your satisfaction.

Your thanks will be passed onto the members of staff mentioned in the review. It was our pleasure that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are very much looking forward to welcoming the four of you back next year.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend (19&20 years old) returned from the sea club resort a few weeks ago.
First impressions weren't great, the receptionist was pretty blunt and not very helpful. We weren't allowed to handle our own suitcases as there was someone to do that for us, this theme ran throughout the holiday (not allowed to take a knife and fork, not allowed to wait at the bar for your drinks) which meant waiting around for someone to help you.
The hotel is very grand and the grounds are extensive and beautifully kept!
The room was really beautiful and spacious! The cleaners did a wonderful job every day!
As British tourists we were surprised to see in this hotel we were the minority as most guests were Russian, German or Italian. We therefore had to get used to the fact that there was no 'queuing'.
The food was varied but not great. As a vegetarian I found it extremely difficult to find any food without meat, even a "vegetable pie" had mince in it?! I frequently ate pasta and salad (which I still found odd bits of meat in). Me and my boyfriend both got a bit ill while we were away down to the food being cooked and washed in their water. The restaurant staff were helpful, Taher in particular was very attentive and cheerful!
The entertainment was pretty average and we found it wasn't really our scene. The shisha bar was great value and had a nice chilled atmosphere.
We both had the cleopatra package at the spa which was very nice. Just be prepared for the massage, diving, quad biking sales people trying to sell you packages while you're trying to sunbathe!
There were always sunbeds available on the beach and around the pool!
We did enjoy our time in egypt, although I'm not sure we would return to this hotel. This is only down to the lack of vegetarian food and fellow English speaking guests.
Emma and Nick

• Stayed June 2013
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Club Resort - Sharm el Sheikh, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation in Sea Club hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

It's nice to read on the whole you enjoyed your time in Egypt, however I'd like to address a few points you made. It's with regret that you didn't find a welcoming and helpful service upon arrival, i can assure you this well be looked into.

The bellmen service is provided so guests feel relaxed and don't have to struggle with their bags down the stairs or sloped pathways when making their way to the room. Drinks table service is also provided so guests don't feel the need to stand and wait around at the bar, we will make sure the service is more efficient in future.

The food is all prepared and cooked using bottled water and regular hygiene and safety checks are carried out daily. Our menus and buffet are constantly being reviewed so we will ensure there are more vegetarian options available which are clearly labelled and identifiable to avoid any confusion. We offer 10 different theme nights which rotate on the 3 buffets within the resort in addition to the 3 set menu restaurants.

All of the feedback we receive enables us to make the necessary improvements to ensure we are delivering high customer service.

Should you decide to visit us again, we very much look forward to welcoming you back and hope you find the positive changes have been made.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went on holiday in late June with my girlfriend. We are 26 and 27 years old.

Upon arrival at this hotel I was impressed by the size of the place, the quality of the furnishings and how clean and tidy the place was.

We arrived about half 10 at night and the restaurant had finished serving food so the manager kindly arranged for us to have food prepared - cold processed meat and cheese which wasn't too pleasant but forgivable as it was put together at the last minute.

The next morning we went for breakfast which was horrible with little pinky hot dog like beef sausages. Not nice!!

Lunch and dinner where no better with bland stodgy pastas and rice being the order of the day. The meat was poor quality which wasn't too much of an issue as all the dishes are packed out with beans and vegetables.

I spoke with the rep who said they could cook things if you didn't like what was on offer but proper sausages and bacon were not allowed in Egypt (although available in Naama Bay?)

I was ill on the night time of the first day with the runs and churning stomach cramps. This lasted the whole holiday. I spoke with other guests who had similar symptoms but was advised against seeing the on site doctor as he would charge you 50 quid for the pleasure. I tried my best to tough it out but it did have a big impact on the enjoyment of my holiday as I had to keep going to the toilet.

The beer wasnt very nice and the spirits were even worse. You had to pay extra for brands like Jack Daniels which I was surprised at as when I have been all inclusive with thomsons in the past (Riu Cancun) they served whatever you wanted - including fruit juices!

The entertainment was geared towards the eastern European guests who make up 95% of the hotel population. Because of this and because the hotel is so far away from anything else we felt a bit isolated and spent most of our time in the room - which at times wasn't a bad thing owing to the runs caused by the food!

In the room we ordered room service which was nice, I recommend the pepper steak (which is on the menu as fillet but is absolutely not fillet. Whatever the cut it did taste nice).

On one night in the room all of the electrics went out about 6 or 7 times and when I rang reception they just said "yes we know"

In general though, the staff were very friendly and eager to please and the management were keen to know if they could improve anything but as I was ill and felt there was so much that could be improved I came across all British and said everything was fine.

This hotel could be fantastic and a genuine 5* as opposed to 2-3* (in my opinion). The grounds and quality of the place are second to none but the improvements I would like to see are:

- better quality food
- increase allocation of rooms for Brits
- have a better balance of who the entertainment is geared towards as watching/listening to Russian karakoke is not entertaining!
- serve better alcohol including premium brands
- ban the shop keepers from hassling you every time you walk past
- have everything all inclusive without charges for juice/premium spirits or in the nightclub.

I enjoyed my holiday but don't feel the hotel played much of a role in my enjoyment. The highlights being when I was on excursions away from the place.

I would not be in any rush to return if things remained the way they are now. Having been to Cancun and Vegas in the last 2 years I feel this trip fell way short of the standards I'm used to.

Room Tip: We had a sea view room and it was worth the extra 70 quid as we spent most of the holiday in the roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us in Sea group Resorts. It's pleasing to see you were impressed with the hotel structure and overall cleanliness.

I would however like to address a few points regarding the food and all inclusive formula. It's with regret that yourself and your partner weer unwell during your stay, we do however recommend the guests visit the doctor to identify the cause of illness. Sausages and bacon (pork products) are not available in many hotels for religious reasons, they can however be found in most of the British Bars throughout Sharm.

When you booked your holiday the brochure/internet would have stated that the all inclusive package includes local alcohol and not imported, which is available only for extra charge.

You commented that the management team were keen to please and help in anyway they can, we wish you had made your problems known so we could have arranged for meals to be cooked for you specially to your taste. We also have three A La Carte Restaurants which guests can visit each one time during their stay.

Your comments have been taken seriously and we will make the necessary changes where we can to improve our services and guests satisfaction.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Well where to start. If you are used to the "all inclusive" regime then you will have nothing to worry about.

Immaculate grounds and common areas. Staff very helpful. Room a bit run down. Fixtures and fittings had seen better days. Air con not man enough.

Smaller restaurant is much better at one of the adjoining hotels.

Bit of a pain in the backside the people trying to sell you massage, diving, pedicure, manicure, water sports, hair cut, waxing. Difficult to relax for more than five mins at a time. Did purchase the massage and hope that it was a good deal. You never know.

Snorkelling is amazing and dive trips were good too. So much to see. (beware the boat that they show you is not the one you are getting on.)

Did not take any trips... mixed feedback on the local area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We spent one week here in late June for a relaxing break and it was ideal for this purpose. The Sea Club Hotel is the biggest part of a 3-hotel complex in which you can drink and eat in any of them if fully inclusive, including 3 a la carte restaurants. This is good as the Naqb Bay area dosn't offer much beyond the hotel's gates without travelling by car/ bus. Plenty of room available at the beach (as most people favoured staying by the pool) however be warned that the sand is quite stony and getting into the sea to swim is along a jetty (because of the coral reef inlet).

The staff were always very helpful and friendly, and they have a Dive Centre on-site and we would strongly recommend booking an intro scuba dive in the Red Sea (as it was a brilliant experience).

Overall we would recommend this resort for being very good value for money for what you get.

Room Tip: We had room 9202 which had a sea view (which we didn't pay for but I think was an optional extra...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation in Sea Club hotel and for taking the time to write such a positive review.

Your recommendation of our hotel is greatly appreciated, it's pleasing to read you found high levels of service throughout. I'm glad you made good use of the on site diving center and enjoyed your trips.

It was our pleasure that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.

Mourad Iskander

Been to Sea Club Resort - Sharm el Sheikh? Share your experiences!