“The Truth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jaz Mirabel Beach

You added Jaz Mirabel Beach to your Saves list
Jaz Mirabel Beach
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Nabq Bay | P.O. Box 377, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
nottingham
“The Truth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2007

Arrived at the hotel on the evening of the 26th Feb for a seven night stay.
On arrival at the airport I had the same fear as many, the mayhem the confusion but I was pleasently suprised we went straight through collected our bags and headed for our bus.
The transfer time is approx ten mins, the hotel entrance and reception is fantastic marble and water fountains, we checked in in about ten mins you have to fill out the usual forms during this time we were served cold fresh orange juice which is a nice touch.
Once allocated your room you let the porters know which are your bags and these are then delivered to your room (15 mins for us).
Great weather the wife tells me she was chilly at times in the evening.
The food in the resturants is not five star but remember its not A La Carte its a buffet, dont go expecting the the same as a five star resturant. The food is good and there is enough choice to keep the average holiday maker happy.
The pools are great there are three one of which is heated I will let you find out which one,the outside bars are good and clean.
The rooms are large and airy clean bedding each day and bathroom supplies topped up daily.
Towels are provided for both the pool and beach use , you collect these daily from the towel huts near the pools.
Service is really good the staff are very helpful and you can interact with them as much as you wish, I have read in other reviews that the service is poor I never experienced anything other than good service with a smile.
We ventured into Namma Bay lots going on if you like shops etc we found a great resturant called Daanjeer (down the road past Pasha the nightclub)great food great service great menu and all for about £40 with two bottles of wine for two.The hotel run a shuttle service for five euros round trip per person.
The beach is not upto much and tends to be shingle and a hell of a walk out to the sea, we took other reviewers advice and headed left out of the hotel past the Tower hotel to the bay which has good access to the sea and coral, here you can see great fish in a safe area there is a lifeguard as well.
The jetty which belongs to the hotel next door is now available for use by the Jaz Mirabel guest there is a notice posted at the entrance.
The shops in the hotel are mainly souvenior shops but there is a supermarket which sell biscuits soft drinks etc, there is also a ATM machine for extra cash etc .
We never ate at the A la Carte places allthough we spoke to some who did and they rated them very highly, but be careful of the charges for the wines it can be expensive.
The daytime entertainment is all in Italian and includes water polo volley ball water gym etc, there is a kids club. The evening entertainment consist of a duo singing (sometimes not that well)
and not much else so enjoy the drinks and the clear skies.
There is also a great gym with adjoining jacuzi and spa.
With refernce to tipping its up to you we never got asked for money from anyone in the hotel, allthough we did tip the waiters and the room boy as a reward for good service not because it was expected.
All in all a great holiday for the price,yes the food could have been better but if you want better go and stay at the Four Seasons and pay the price.
If anyone wants any further info drop me a e-mail.

Happy Hols !

• Liked — The quality of the hotel and the staff
  • Disliked — Rude Italians / Russians
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (880)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

We are going to this hotel in May and after reading the great reviews, we are sooo excited and cannot wait to get there. Having never been to Egypt before I was woundering what would be advisable for spending money baring in mind we would like to go into Sharm centre and to Naame Bay a few nights, maybe do a couple of excursions (pyramids and snorkling/scuba diving). If anybody could advise we would really appreciate it.

Stayed January 2007
Grimsby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

Just arrived back from a fantastic holiday at the Mirabel, the hotel is really great and very clean. The rooms are very spacious and lovely and clean, the shower is heaven!
The food is plentiful and varied, so something for everyone and the desserts are to die for! We didn’t have any tummy troubles, we took prebiotic tablets, so maybe they helped? The staff are very friendly, and although a little slow, you eventually get your drinks!
I would mention that men do need to wear long trousers in the evenings in the restaurants, my husband only took shorts, so had to wear his jeans every night!
The snorkelling at The Tower hotel about 10 mins walk is great, as the water is too shallow at the Mirabel.
All in all we had a fabulous relaxing holiday and would recommend to anyone!

• Liked — Very clean
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

We (2 adults & 1 daughter (17) with her friend(16)) - stayed here during half term from 18th to 24th Feb. We booked independently - hotel through Expedia & flight with BA from Gatwick. Flight over was great - no problems although a little surprised that there was no bar service & you had to pay for the in flight film. Arrived on time & went outside to get a taxi to the hotel, which we were advised by other Trip Adviser forums would cost about £6. We had previously been quoted 30 euros by the hotel & declined that deal. No way could we get a taxi for less than £15 - we knew we were being ripped off but little we could do. The only English the taxi driver could speak was "tips" - the taxi was a very old blue & white peugeot with dents all over it. The suitcases were thrown into a roof rack & not strapped down but we got to the hotel in one piece so put that incident down to experience.

The first thing you notice on arrival is the security - there is a very large gate with a very large security man on the main entrance to the hotel (approx 200 yards from the reception door) & you then have to pass through an airport style metal detector before being allowed into the hotel with all your bags being left outside for further checks. These are later taken to your room by the bell boys on an electric golf cart - tip of £1 per bag. I would not recommend you carrying them yourself since the hotel grounds are huge & it could be a long way from reception & there are no lifts - we were on the 3rd floor!

On checking in we were served a nice cold mango juice which was very welcome. We were then given our wrist bands for the All Inclusive, our towel cards - 1 towel issued each day & could be used either at the pool or on the beach which was good. You gave them back at the end of the day & got towel cards back for each towel. This made the suitcases lighter (for me to carry!) knowing we did not need towels.

We had 2 rooms next door to each other & they were very nice & big - only problem we had was that they looked over the next door hotel & not over the pool. We did have a sea view. We thought about asking to change for a sea view but needed the 2 rooms together so didn't bother. Each room had a king size bed, plus 2 single beds in an area that could be closed off if you wanted to for privacy. They had a mini bar in the room - the contents of which you had to pay for, a TV with 3 english speaking channels (BBC World) and a large balcony with table & chairs. The bathrooms were also large with a huge shower (no bath) & all the usual toiletries. Hairdryer supplied & we used bottled water to clean our teeth. There was also a safe for the valuables.
The room cleaners did towel sculptures each day - many pictures exist on this web site & they were great - tipped the guy £10 at the end.

There were 4 pools - 2 of which were heated, with loads of sun beds & shade. The beach, which was easy walking distance was very shallow - only up to your knees for about 100m out -again with lots of sunbeds. If you walk left when you get to the beach, about 300m past the next door hotel there is a much nicer beach with lots of fish swimming around your feet (no sunbeds but you can take the hotels towels). They are in the process of building what is going to be a fabulous hotel on this beach & no doubt when it is finished, they will close this part off to others.

The restaurant for the AI was good with lots of choice - for lunch & dinner - there was always a roast, a fish & 2-3 other meat based dishes, plus a couple of vegetarian & masses of different salads. There was also a pasta station where a chef would do about 4 different pasta dishes as well. The pudding selection was huge & there was also fresh fruits & yogurts. The waiters took your orders for drinks - wine was ok although my wife said that 2 glasses of the white was usually 1 too many. I stuck with the red & again it was "OK". We also got bottles of water with each meal.
The breakfast selection again was huge - cereals with UHT full cream milk, fresh fruit, yogurts, many different types of breads, rolls, jams etc, cooked to order omelettes & fried eggs, plus the usual cooked breakfast - beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, potatoes etc except, obviously no pork bacon & sausages - beef bacon & beef sausages which were not to our taste.
The snack bars did beef & chicken burgers, 3 different pizzas, 3 pastas & 3 sandwiches - most of which we tried & no problems with anything - other than the service was a bit slow, but since we weren't going anywhere, who cared!
The bars - all drinks are egyptian brands - the beer was fine except it was in 250ml glasses - so ordering 2 at a time became the norm. The spirits were supposedly 40% as per Uk but they didn't taste like it & the variety was a little limited - brandy, whisky, rum, vodka. There were also about 10 different cocktails included which were nice before dinner. The service again was slow - I think if you tipped the waiters daily it was probably better. We left it until the end of the holiday - probably not a good idea with hindsight
We tended to eat about 7.30pm - 1 night we were much later - 9pm & the food was poor with little selection. Thereafter we made sure we were in early.

We did hardly anything all day & evening except relax. We had 2 trips into Naama Bay - caught a blue & white taxi outside the main gate - cost £5 - again showing what a rip off the taxi from the airport was , since you drive past the airport from the hotel to get to Naama Bay! The town is OK but the hassle from the shop owners can be very tiring after a while - again pleanty of description of this on the forums - just take care! The hotel is a long way out of town & you cannot walk anywhere outside the main gate. There is a supermarket & internet shop about 100m down the street but this is all & there are about 25 shops open in the Mirabel Market within the hotel grounds.

I tried scuba diving once with Red Sea Diving College & didn't enjoy it - not for me. The girls did a boat trip booked through the hotel for £25 each & thoughoughly enjoyed that (seemed expensive to me but their money so I didn't say anything). We all did the quad biking (£15 each but prices varied - booked at an agency in Naama Bay) into the desert at sunset & although we really enjoyed it, I was concerned over the safety of the equipment. Mine only had 1 brake, another person kept getting hot oil splashing out from the engine on their leg & the tour guide's own bike broke down in the middle of the desert in the dark & he couldn't re-start it. Finally he asked if my daughter & her friend could share & he drove her bike - what could we do - nothing. The trip took us to a real (yeah sure!) beduin tent where we were offered tea & asked to buy real (yeah sure) beduin souveniers. It was a good trip though & fabulous scenery. At one point my bike stopped for no reason - everyone else carried on & a young kid riding a camel stopped, jumped off & got me going again - then held out his hand saying "tips tips" - I think its the first english word they learn! We also had a herd of camels (about 20) loose in the middle of the desert nearly run into us. I would definately recommend doing this its great fun - very dirty & dusty!

Nothing bad to say about the hotel other than a word of caution to all the parents thinking of taking their teenagers to this All Inclusive. The 2 girls (remember 17 & 16 years of age) were given a different colour wrist band to indicate their ages. The receptionist stated that they would be allowed alchohol provided we ordered it & not them - this we thought was a good way of controlling their intake - WRONG! They were given whatever they asked for whenever they wanted it! Fortunately we found out fairly early into the holiday & were wise to this. The waiters tended to want to serve them - can't think why?

Nobody had an uset stomach & we had ice in the drinks & ate salads all week. We did drink lots of water - available from the main bar in 500ml bottles or from the pool /beach bars in plastic glasses from a 20litre bottle of the same manufacture as the small bottles. We deliberately did not touch alchohol until the sun went down (about 5pm) and drank about 2 litres of water each day. Don't know if we were lucky or not - but didn't hear of anyone at the hotel having a bad stomach at all regardless of how much & how often they drank alchohol!

Finally, we took the hotel mercedes limo service back to the airport on the last day - cost £20 including the compulsory "tip" - bit more expensive than a blue & white but much nicer, cleaner & safer - those of you travelling independently I would recommend this.

In summary - great hotel, food & weather & would return again.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2007

This hotel is absolutely outstanding! The rooms are a good size, modern and they are clean. There were always plenty of space and sunbeds arpound the pools and you are never far from a pool or beach bar.

The food in the restaurant was very good and there was plenty to choose from. Don't listen to the critics here, you have to remember that this is an all-inclusive buffet... it will never be as good as al-a-carte. You can walk in whenever you want and there are always more than plenty of staff there to great and seat you. The service for drinks was better than you get in most restaurants, and their english was fine (they didn't ever get my order wrong). In fact most of the time they had a new glass of wine ready before I had finished my last one! I don't think they expect tips but as the service was so good, I felt I was bieng tight if I didn't. A couple of quid each night ensured that we were very well looked after.

There are 2 nice bars, a lively one and a more relaxed one. Again the service was great! The cocktails are all inclusive but were all pretty similar in taste. Most spirits, lager, coke, bottled water, tea and coffee were included and the bars were open late. Again the quality of the seating and the decor were superb, and the service from the bar staff was excellent.

The whole resort was very clean and tidy. The thing that stood out to me the most was how professional the staff were. They were always polite and friendly. There were always more than enough staff at the resort and I did not queue once for anything!! There was even a team of gardeners always walking around picking up stray twigs from the lawns.

The weather for us in Feb was beautiful. Ranging from 25 - 30 deg C maximums. There was always a nice breeze and didn't feel humid.

If you want excursions... walk to the path on the beach and turn left, keep walking (about 30 yds) 'til you find a blue hut called 'snorkelling center'. They do a range of snokelling, diving, pyramids, etc and are much cheaper than the resort trips.

We did a half day trip to the national park 'Ras Mohammed' for some snokelling and sight seeing. It was very good but I would recommend you do the 1-day trip by boat instead.

I would definately go back to the same hotel!!

Stayed February 2007
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2007

Hello,
We have been in this hotel In January, came back on 11th. I think it is really grate hotel, food was excelent. The only think I was disapointed, that we had to wait for a drinks for a while. Also I could recomend to take your own travel iron with you, otherwise you will have to walk with creased clothes. I asked for iron on our arrival, so they told me, they had only 15 irons, for the whole hotel and kept promising every day, that we will get it next day! Forget it-we never seen it! In the end holiday reps helped us, they lended their own one for couple hours. Otherwise, everything was perfect, food is safe as long you eat and drink in hotel! Hotel staff very friendly, room service fantastic! Evening entertainment poor, but I'm sure they will think something better for the future! Definetly, go to see Pyramids, would recomend to take VIP, you have your own gide for all day, can ask what ever you want!

• Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
worthing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2007

Just back from the Mirable beach resort. 4 adults and 4 children. We went AI just like everyone else we met. All loved this hotel. Very clean, loads of marble and beautifully presented and maintained. Fantastic 10 days.

Rooms have 4 beds. Bathrooms all seemed to have showers only.

Food is buffet style but really good but after 10 days it does get a bit repetitive eating in the same restaurant. Only one of the 8 of us was ill with dodgy tummy. Pharmacy across the road which sells antibiotics for £3.50 which did fine. Dont call the hotel doctor unless desperate, it could cost you the best part of £100.

This resort is 3 hotels on the same site. About a dozen pools to choose from. Some heated, some not. The un-heated ones were cold in January. Water slides were great fun. Spa includes huge jacuzzi for 80 people, steam room and sauna all free. Quite luxurious. Massage £35, which is about the only thing there is to spend money on. 2 tennis courts which are free, Free racquet hire. Table tennis table football, volleyball, archery other games organised and all free.

For the best snorkelling go down to the beach and head left for a quarter of a mile to the under-construction Tower hotel. Free shuttle bus or 10 minute walk. Last hotel on this stretch of the coast and great snorkelling a few feet into the bay. No need for a jetty. No need for shoes in the water. To reach this beach you pass a guy selling snorkelling trips to a nearby beach for £15 each. We fell for this. The free snorkelling up the bay is far better.

There is no snorkelling at the hotels beach as the water is too shallow.

If you want a taxi to Naam Bay pay 5 UK pounds each way. The taxi rank is outside the hotel across the road. Dont use the hotel taxi they charge £3 each and thats each way. Only pay once they have returned home to the hotel. We got 8 of us in beaten up old Peugeot. Journey takes 15-20 mins. They will ask for £20 each way but just pay £5 or less for all of you.

Staff very friendly. If you are AI you can eat drinks at any bar or snacks at any restaurant but you must stick to your hotels main restaurant for meals. The 3 restaurants for the 3 hotels are served by the same kitchen and serve exactly the same food, so it really doesn't matter.

Evening entertainment is couple signing. Comical but funny to watch. Or the animation team put on a show. This was pretty awful too. One night they mimed Saturday Night fever for 45 minutes. The guy sitting next to me had been in the west end show for months and found it excrutiating. Anyway at least they were trying.

Best value is the quad bikes trip into the desert. £25 for a bike whether there is one or two people on it. Take glasses and scarf as you will need them and have to buy them there, The bikes go into the desert and make two stops at bedouin camps. If you ask in Naama bay I think you can get the trips for £20. A bargain. Go for the late afternoon slot as you can see the sunset in the desert.

Trips by plane to Cairo seemed to cost £110 don't pay any more.

During the day the animation team try to engage the adults in games. We played musical chairs, tug of war etc round the pool. Strangely the children were not allowed to join in. Rules are rules!! They have their own childrens club!! This we found amusing.

There are about 20 shops open on site. Usual tourist stuff. all the staff are very friendly and particularly like the British. Maybe they just sya this but a few of them were wearing Enlish football shirts. Obviously barter heavily for everything, even in the pharmacy. All these shops seemed to hand out free gifts to the kids if you stopped to talk to them. My niece got a nice dress amongst other things.

We paid £400 per adult AI for 10 days.

Maybe by handing out a few dollars in tips helped but we got exellent service every day.

Only grumble was there was no late night snack bar open after you had finished your evening meal.

If you need further info you can email me:

Steve_currie7@yahoo.com

Stayed January 2007

Been to Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your experiences!